PDA

View Full Version : Murder Game ROUND 4

squishycube
2006-05-02, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the Murder Game Rules Thread. These rules will be kept up to date.

A round-by-round cross thread game for assassins and detectives.
The object of this game is to kill your fellow contestants by posting in the various threads in this section.

The Rules:

Playing
- Availability. We've had some trouble with people signing up who then didn't post. This ruins the game for the person who has you as his/her mark.
If you are inactive in SMBG for over 24 hours, you die and your mark passes on to the player who had you as his/her mark. This player gets a point, even though he/she did not kill. This is to compensate for not being able to play.

I don't like being forced to instate this rule, I'd like it much better when it would've worked what I tried the previous round, but it didn't, so there you go...

Killing
- Each contestant is assigned a mark by Squishycube
- A murderer posts a maximum of three posts below his victim in the SMBG section, and leaves a clue. (Ideas for clues are below, but get creative! the clue must include the name of the victim)
- The post of your victim has to have been made AFTER the round started.
- The murderer PM's the victim and CC's the PM to Squishycube(with a link to the murder-post)
- The victim PM's his/her mark to the murderer.

If/when discussion about wether a murder was valid between a murderer and a target ensues, please CC ALL PM's to Squishy Cube.

Accusation
- If someone (other than the victim) notices a murderer at work he/she may accuse that person in this thread.
- If he/she is right the detective gets a detective point (first to post) the accusation may be confirmed or denied by either the accused or his/her victim. On some occasions, Squishy Cube may choose to confirm or deny an accusation instead of the murderer/victim.
- If you are rightly accused of murder you are jailed for 24 hours, starting at the time of posting of the confirming post that means that during that time you can not kill or accuse anyone. You can still get killed though.
- If you accuse someone wrongly you lose a detective point.

Other
- If you get yourself as mark you must kill yourself immeadiatly. (You do get a point for this, so please PM Squishy Cube if/when this happens.)
- Please no false clues
- The murdergame thread is for accusing, not murdering people. It is not possible to kill someone using this thread. Please note that this rule was broken in round 1, so that's no fun to do anymore. (This rule overrules all other rules.)

Death
Death means you can no longer kill or accuse people for that round.

Rounds
- This game is played round-by-round.
- A round begins either after the end of the previous round or on sunday evening CET. (I thought that till sunday would be long enough with eleven players)
- A round ends when everyone is dead or on sunday evening CET.
- You can't kill someone untill they've posted after the start of the round.

At the end of the round scores will be added up and announced by Squishy Cube. Highest bodycount and highest detection count will be awarded these pretty sig badges:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/assassinprize.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/DETECTIVEprize.gif

the Last man standing will receive the Survivor badge
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/Survivorprize.gif

Notes
The murderers are assigned to their marks using random numbers from Random.org.

Ideas and examples on how to kill:

typing in white / tan text: (tan=F0E7D3)
example: "Die Chris, Die,die,die"

Breaking the rule of the game (without disrupting it please)
example (in the ressurection thread): "noweezernoworld dies a stabbity death for being too jazz."

Spelling out your victims death in caps, between the text.
example: i ressurect noweezernoworlD so he can go on another killIng sprEe.

Other ways you can think of are allowed, make sure you do name the victim.

One last thing to avoid confusion:
Please speak in full sentences, making clear exactly what you mean (except in murder posts ofcourse). For example when passing a mark, dont just PM a name, say "your next victim is .... ". When acusing say "I acuse A of killing kill B here: [link]." etc.

Also, when you CC a PM to Squishy Cube, he can't see who the other receipents were, so sentences like "I killed you here" are not very informative. I know its easy to just follow the link, but lets keep things easy for SQC.

Have fun with the murder game.

noweezernoworld
2006-05-02, 05:30 PM
Are we to post here if we die?

No, I haven't died yet. ;D

Kedrot
2006-05-02, 08:35 PM
Awwwwwwww ye lets get this party started

Renrik
2006-05-02, 08:36 PM
YAR!

Renrik
2006-05-02, 08:58 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1145905142; start=385#385

i accuse chris the pontifex of killing coron.

noweezernoworld
2006-05-02, 10:30 PM
I accuse ^ of not knowing how to modify posts.

And making an accusation that makes NO sense.

Indurain
2006-05-02, 11:29 PM
Yeah...that really makes no Sense Renrik....whoops.

squishycube
2006-05-03, 03:39 AM
One is still not suposed to post one's death. Death is private and personal. It should not be "hung on the big clock" (Sorry, dutch saying alert.)

And Indurain, why aren't you playing?

By the way, did anyone gain any supernatural abilities lately?

CabbageTheif
2006-05-03, 07:31 AM
well, i did go to my dads work, at a nuclear power plant... and i started to glow..... but....

whatcha talkin about?

Madmal
2006-05-03, 10:40 AM
yeah me no get the squishy cube.... ;D

Indurain
2006-05-03, 12:06 PM
And Indurain, why aren't you playing?

It was fun for the first two rounds, but I think I enjoy posting on the boards too much to be sneakily posting around.

I won 2 out of the 3 badges, I'm content with that.

Besides, after getting out of that squishy cube like thing, I don't think I want to risk going back in. It's icky, and I'm still finding pieces of goo on my body.

Renrik
2006-05-03, 01:11 PM
my accusation was based on the fact that chris the pontifex subtly broke the rules, and it was the best lead i could find, with the exception of Saithas Bladewing becoming angry at him in one post. So i accuse chris the pontifex of killing coron.

also, i am dead. please go now and avenge me.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-03, 01:48 PM
Since when was I angry at coron? I suspect him of being a potential murderer, but that's not anger.

Jenny_Archer
2006-05-03, 04:09 PM
could you define a false clue?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-03, 04:11 PM
I believe a false clue would be posting a false stalk/murder post thing for somebody who isn't your mark. That's my assumption anyway, and I could be entirely wrong.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-03, 04:33 PM
my accusation was based on the fact that chris the pontifex subtly broke the rules, and it was the best lead i could find, with the exception of Saithas Bladewing becoming angry at him in one post. So i accuse chris the pontifex of killing coron.

also, i am dead. please go now and avenge me.

Ah right, I needed to look twice, no trice to notice

"chris the pontiphoenix" is not my name, so I said he was wrong. Also I didnt mention Coron in that post, so I could never have killed him.

noweezernoworld
2006-05-03, 05:57 PM
cabbagetheif killed renrik here

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1123570368; start=540#540

EDIT: And darth mario killed CTP here.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1146502850; start=535#535

HA, STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, DARTH MARIO! muhahahahahahhaha!!!!

Guys, please verify!

Starla
2006-05-03, 06:13 PM
You kind of sabatoged your links somehow. There is a space in each that should not be there.

I fixed it: they are the same order as your post.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1123570368; start=540#540

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1146502850; start=535#535

noweezernoworld
2006-05-03, 10:35 PM
People, please verify accusations!

And a few things need to be cleared up. If we accuse someone of a murder and it turned out not to be legal, do we still get the point? If so, are we allowed to accuse the person who has us for a mark?

i.e. Squishycube has me as a mark. He sends me a PM saying "I killed you (link)," but it turns out that he posted too far below me (or it was illegal for some other reason). Am I allowed to turn around and post an accusation, getting a detective point? It would make sense as murderes would be penalized for false accusations with a day in jail.

squishycube
2006-05-04, 04:20 AM
- I asked about the supernatural abilities because of what's in the last sentence of my first post. (To see who of you read the entire thing)

- You get a detective point for spotting attempted murders and the murderer gets jail time.

- False clues was something chris put in the rules because someone made a fake murder post.

noweezernoworld
2006-05-04, 07:30 AM
Right, but do we get a detective point for spotting attempted murders that were attempted on us? like the person who has me as a mark tried to murder me but it wasn't legal, can I use the link they sent me to accuse them?

EDIT: Ok, I edited the attempts out.

squishycube
2006-05-04, 08:01 AM
no.

Victims can't accuse. This is for gamebalance reasons. Because the attempt gets pm'd to them, its not a 'detective' thing, they already know its true.

noweezernoworld
2006-05-04, 05:41 PM
SEPPUKU!!!

http://www.jorun.nu/hello/307887/640/DSC01950-2005.04.28-01.46.22.jpg
*dies*

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-04, 07:08 PM
EDIT: And darth mario killed CTP here.

HA, STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, DARTH MARIO! muhahahahahahhaha!!!!

Guys, please verify!

yups he did

Kedrot
2006-05-04, 10:33 PM
*sighs* I'm out guys, next game it is!

squishycube
2006-05-05, 03:58 AM
Round 4 has now come to an end.
noweezenorworld is the very convincing winner by taking home all three badges!

I will start signup for round 5 asap.

A breakdown of how the game went follows.

noweezernoworld (noweezernoworld)
DEAD 5 murder points for killing Prowl (Prowl), Kedrot (Kedrot Helmhold), raven-gm (raven-gm), darth mario (Darth Mario), Saithis_Bladewing (Saithis Bladewing) and noweezernoworld (noweezernoworld)

DEAD coron (coron)
Saithis_Bladewing (Saithis Bladewing)

DEAD Prowl (Prowl)
Kedrot (Kedrot Helmhold)

DEAD Renrik (Renrik)
Jenny_Archer (Julienne Teraa)

DEAD CabbageTheif (CabbageTheif)
1 point for killing renrik (Renrik)

DEAD Jenny_Archer (Julienne Teraa)
2 points for killing CabbageTheif (CabbageTheif) and Jenny_Archer (Julienne Teraa)

DEAD CthulhuChris (Chris the Pontifex)
1 point for killing coron (coron)

DEAD Kedrot (Kedrot Helmhold)
raven-gm (raven-gm)

DEAD raven-gm (raven-gm)
darthmario (Darth Mario)

DEAD darthmario (Darth Mario)
1 point for killing CthulhuChris (Chris the Pontifex)

DEAD Saithis_Bladewing (Saithis Bladewing)

noweezernoworld
2006-05-05, 07:33 AM
noweezenorworld is the very convincing winner by taking home all three badges!

DEAD 5 murder points for killing Prowl (Prowl), Kedrot (Kedrot Helmhold), raven-gm (raven-gm), darth mario (Darth Mario), Saithis_Bladewing (Saithis Bladewing) and noweezernoworld (noweezernoworld)

;D ;D Great round guys! Everyone sign up for round 5! (by the way SQC that is 6 murder points if you count myself)

squishycube
2006-05-05, 08:11 AM
I was in doubt wether I'd count yourself. I don't think so, because if you do, you wouldn't be the Survivor...

noweezernoworld
2006-05-05, 04:47 PM
True, true.

So SQC, how do you eat me twice? Do you regurgitate me and then eat me again? And you have to come up with a new personal text thing!

CabbageTheif
2006-05-05, 06:45 PM
::shakes fist at the saber cat::

i'll get you next time!

is there a sign-up sheet for arch-nemesis? i would like to fill one out and have julienne sign at the bottom, please