PDA

View Full Version : More Alternate Class Features than you can shake a stick at...

SamTheCleric
2008-05-17, 09:40 PM
Hello my friends.

I come to you for advice for a secondary character for a game in which, on my first go at the game... my level 3 bard that I worked quite hard on... contracted lycanthropy from a wererat. Unfortunately... no one was able to identify the creatures... nor the effects of them... since nobody could make a check to save their (my?) life. We're a good party... so I'm making a character just in case I have to be "put down"

So here's what I want to do...

Firstly... the party make up. Ftr1/Clr 2, Wiz 3, Rog 1/Dragon Shaman 2, Scout 2/Ranger 1, Ftr 3. Other than the Wizard... everyone else is a melee fighter.

So I decided to make an Archery Ranger.

So Far...

Wood Elf Ranger
Alternate Class Features: Trap Expert (Dungeonscape), Champion of the Wild (Complete Champion), Spiritual Connection (Complete Champion), Distracting Attack (PHB2)
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Bonus Feats: Rapid Shot, Endurance

.. I have given up Track, Wild Empathy, Spellcasting and my Animal Companion to be more Archer than tree-hugging druid light. I'd like some pointers, maybe some things I over looked that would be good, suggestions for items (wealth by level for level 3... so wont be getting a lot)...

I'd also like to try an Alternate Class Feature to give up Endurance. No one actually uses it... save for a pre-req for Horizon Walker.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-18, 10:14 AM
Additionaly... It's a Forgotten Realms game and the GM gives us one regional feat for free based on our region. My regional feat is Luck of Heroes (+1 luck to ac and saves).

You can see the character here. (http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=4089)

Any and all help is appreciated. :smallcool: