PDA

View Full Version : Feeder

Oregano
2008-05-18, 01:34 PM
So, is there any fans of the band here. They have a new album coming out on the 16th June, Silent Cry. From the two songs I've heard from the Album it's going to be great.

Miss You (http://youtube.com/watch?v=B63ldoXOdPI)

We Are The People (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5BZWW9Ogk)

So what are people's opinion of the band and the songs? Anyone looking forward to the album?

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-18, 01:35 PM
I really liked Echo Park, and I loved Comfort in Sound. I'll listen to those 2 songs in a few minutes thanks.

EDIT: I really don't like the first song that much, and the 2nd one is only marginally better (I think I'll stick with stuff like Forget About Tomorrow and Just the Way I'm Feeling).

Oregano
2008-05-18, 01:49 PM
That's cool, I personally prefer We Are The People to Miss You and both of them compared to the whole of Comfort in Sound, by far Feeder's best song is Purify though, which is a bside from Save Us, I'll try and get a link to that if I can.

Tom_Violence
2008-05-18, 02:09 PM
I remember I liked them waaaay back in the Polythene days (and that's perhaps me showing my age a little there), but sadly I haven't heard anything particularly decent from them since. They unfortunately seem to get more and more overly-produced as time goes on, and I don't think it suits them so much.

Mx.Silver
2008-05-18, 02:19 PM
Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one who liked them. I've been listening to 'em for a couple of years now (may not sound like much but bear in mind I've only been listening to music for about four years now). Favourite album is Polythene, which I hold as being arguably the best 90s British Rock album not made by Radiohead.

As to the new songs, I'm a bit unsure. The music is good, but Grant's vocals sound a bit off. There's just something missing from his usual tone. I hope it's just on those recordings, as he sounded alright on Save Us.

Oregano
2008-05-18, 02:27 PM
Polythene is there best album.:smallwink:

The new songs do have a different vocal style, it sounds electronic almost and not natural and it sounds better unchanged but I think the vocals match the new songs better than his normal style. I don't know what the rest of the album will sound like.