PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Dracolexi help

cupkeyk
2008-05-18, 11:00 PM
Could I please get a level by level build for a 20 level kobold sorcerer entering dracolexi asap. with a 32 point buy abilities. Books are are all completes, races, core ph2, dmg2, spell com, sandstorm, unearthed arcana, frostburn, cityscape, dungeonscape, stormwarck, libris mortis, lord of madness, draconomicon, and possibly any wotc 3.5 book with dm approval. I am allowed to use the greater draconic rite of passage to counter the single caster level loss of the dracolexi. Thanks.

Since no one is responding to my post in the character builder help. I am gonna make a new post about it, if the forum won't mind.

I want to know:

what level 1 sorc spell for a spell like ability is the best to invest my draconic rite of passage on?

what are the best power word spells to invest my class features on?

what are the best draconic words on the dracolexi list?

which class features should I get? a familiar (blech), the draconic heritage feat or that ability that speeds up my spontaneous metamagic feats?

are the rest of the dragonblood sorceror substitution levels any good.

I have five more levels to spend, what prestige class would compliment my sorc/dracolexi in both features and fluff?

Feats suggestion would still be appreciated as i have only set my third level and sixth level feats namely still spell and draconic reservoir (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) respectively.

Cuddly
2008-05-18, 11:03 PM
Nerveskitter is a great SLA.

Powerword: Orgasm from Nymphonomicon is the best. Auto-stun.

I'd go with spont metamagic so you can cast heightened spells as a standard action (casting glitterdust as a level 5 spell is a great save-or-lose without having to pass on other great 5th lvl spells). Check out Solo's sorc guide for some good advice.

The kobold racial paragorn levels are neat; with dragonwrought and the draconic ritual you don't really lose any caster levels. If you use loredrake from dragons of eberron (cheesy), you won't lose any caster levels to dracolexi, either.

Make sure you go with an ancient kobold for free +3 to all mental stats.

Armads
2008-05-18, 11:10 PM
Identify isn't bad, since it's for free.

cupkeyk
2008-05-23, 09:13 PM
I won't touch kobold paragon since it's another caster level loss. Is there a spell that allows me to find out how many hp my opponents have, preferably at no save. LOLz. Or a feat? A skill check? This is of course for my power word spells.

Cuddly
2008-05-23, 10:05 PM
You can gain a caster level back with loredrake, though.

UserClone
2008-05-24, 09:20 AM
I had a player take Power Word: Pain, from RotD as his SLA. At 1st level, that spell is devastating. No save, 4d4 rounds of 1d6 damage per round = ~14-56 average, for a LEVEL ONE SPELL. (Read: cast, then run the F away.)

Incidentally, it fits your character to a T.:smallwink:

Skaven
2008-05-24, 09:55 AM
Grease or Identify are both good choices.

cupkeyk
2008-05-24, 04:38 PM
You can gain a caster level back with loredrake, though.

Where is this loredrake, is it a prc, a template?

Cuddly
2008-05-24, 04:48 PM
Where is this loredrake, is it a prc, a template?

It's an alternative type of dragon in Dragons of Eberron that can be given to any dragon with spellcasting.

cupkeyk
2008-05-24, 07:22 PM
No wonder I have never heard of it then, we play FR.

Cuddly
2008-05-24, 07:40 PM
Oh.
It's exceedingly cheesy, anyway.

Armads
2008-05-24, 10:45 PM
I had a player take Power Word: Pain, from RotD as his SLA. At 1st level, that spell is devastating. No save, 4d4 rounds of 1d6 damage per round = ~14-56 average, for a LEVEL ONE SPELL. (Read: cast, then run the F away.)

Incidentally, it fits your character to a T.:smallwink:

But...he's level 20.

cupkeyk
2008-05-27, 08:34 PM
Can a loredrake boost the casterlevel, spells known and spells per day of any class other than sorc? I am considering using beguiler as an entry point to dracolexi.