PDA

View Full Version : Proof of V's Gender! (not really)

Lizard Lord
2008-05-19, 12:06 AM
I couldn't find any other V gender threads on the first page (though it may be possible I didn't look good enough. still the search button was of no help). I could also not resist the urge to post this.

Vaarsuvius is obviously male. How so you ask? Well he is quite obviously an elven version of Ted from El Goonish Shive (http://www.egscomics.com/).

Think about it. Ted is androgynous. V is androgynous. Ted has purple hair. V has purple hair. Ted is super smart (a young human scientist with the ability to modify alien technology). V is super smart (a wizard with max intelligance for his level).

However while Ted is androgynous (or is at least considered to be by the other characters) it is still proven that he is a male character. As such V also must be a male character, even if it has not been mentioned in the comic.

Ps: this is a joke.

Laurentio
2008-05-19, 02:24 AM
Ted is NOT considered androgynous by anyone. Ted just look girlish, and that's all - everybody will think that he is female at a first look, until he speaks (his voice is male enough to be recognized as it).
And having the same color of hairs is a so poor hook for confonding two characters, that I will just prefer the theory (not mine) that Vaarsuvius is Thief's wise (from Nuklear Power).

More, you pointed the shared traits, "forgetting" that Ted is a known (and proud) hentai, sexually intrigued and cross dresser. Please show me one of this traits on Vaarsuvius.

Laurentio

bluish_wolf
2008-05-19, 03:04 AM
Ted is NOT considered androgynous by anyone. Ted just look girlish, and that's all - everybody will think that he is female at a first look, until he speaks (his voice is male enough to be recognized as it).
And having the same color of hairs is a so poor hook for confonding two characters, that I will just prefer the theory (not mine) that Vaarsuvius is Thief's wise (from Nuklear Power).

More, you pointed the shared traits, "forgetting" that Ted is a known (and proud) hentai, sexually intrigued and cross dresser. Please show me one of this traits on Vaarsuvius.

Laurentio

1) V fondled Haley's globes.
2) He had all that sexual intrigue with Belkar.
3) You can't see it, but he's wearing women's underwear. Also, he likes to wear dresses since wizards do that. Even though they call them robes.

Laurentio
2008-05-19, 04:58 AM
3) You can't see it, but he's wearing women's underwear. Also, he likes to wear dresses since wizards do that. Even though they call them robes.
I've to admit that, for just a moment, I thought that you were speaking for real. Cursed internet and the lack of intention's perception.

Anyway, let's upgrade your list.
UPGRADE: V is the only one absent when Haley suffer a wardrobe malfunction (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0036.html). Clearly, he is off-screen doing something inspired by the show, and not going to be show in a webcomic (well, other that Sexylosers)

UPGRADE: And kissing. After that, the first thing Vaarsavius do is preparing Belkar breakfast (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0317.html).

3) You can't see it, but he's wearing women's underwear. Also, he likes to wear dresses since wizards do that. Even though they call them robes.[/QUOTE]
UPGRADE: actually, no. Under the robe, he is naked (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html).

So, Vaarsavius is a male, bisexual pervert. I pity the poor Blackwing.

Laurentio

tenguro
2008-05-19, 01:10 PM
Why can't we just leave V is male(since he was originally intended to be male) and just stop the flooding of "V gender threads"?

tenguro
2008-05-19, 01:20 PM
Why can't we just leave V is male(since he was originally intended to be male) and just stop the flooding of "V gender threads"?

King of Nowhere
2008-05-19, 02:07 PM
Why can't we just [...] stop the flooding of "V gender threads"?

because it's FUNNY
And, by the way, where it is reported that V was intended as a male?

Lira
2008-05-19, 02:07 PM
Why can't we just leave V is male(since he was originally intended to be male) and just stop the flooding of "V gender threads"?We can't do that because we don't know if V is male or not. While I do agree that V was likely intended to be male at the beginning, I don't believe that means V is male now. Rich can change his mind about that if he wants, so we don't have any conclusive proof of V's gender. ;)

Back onto the main topic:
I read EGS and I actually thought while reading it, "Hey, Tedd's hair is a lot like V's and he's been called androgynous several times before. Neat. Their personalities are completely different though."

By the way, nice list Laurentio. :P That made me laugh.

Kato
2008-05-19, 03:32 PM
... because there is another androgynous guy out there, V's gotta be male as well?
Yeah, ever saw Gundam 00? There's a character called Tieria Erde (http://www.animes-no-bankai.com/image.axd?picture=Gundam-TIERIA.jpg) which is of unsure sex. actually it's a male android, cloned from female DNA, don't ask, how this works out... it has no genitals, just fyi)
Anyway, there are just enough jokes about his gender (he's normally referred to as being male) but the first view either indicates female or unspecified gender, imo.
So, he has pruple hair, undefined gender (oh, his mecha (Gundam Virtue) also is kinda a sign (It's generally the boldest one, but it can remove it's armor and then even has something looking like hair, giving it a female appearance, then it is called Gundam Nadleeh)) He's kinda cold, or at least not very emotional (at the beginning), a perfectionist and he generally considers himself more powerful than his fellow pilots.
Anyway, even if HE would actually be 'nother-universe' V, he still is not.
(And I'm still a female-V-shipper)

Lizard Lord
2008-05-19, 08:49 PM
Just to be clear, I do not consider my original post to be of legitimate evidence and I know any connections between V and Ted are coincidental.

That being said, when I first started reading Oots it never even crossed my mind that V could be female until the other characters mentioned it. The same goes for Ted.

Lupy
2008-05-19, 09:07 PM
I always thought V was male until the characters said otherwise. I still belive V is just a feminine man, because:

*Elves appear feminine to Humans
*Wizards are often feminine
*Purple is a feminine colour to dye one's hair
*Bunking with a female friend and never doing so much as saying anything or turning away while she changes indicates he may be bi or gay*, which makes him seem effimate to his straight companions.

*I dont' mean this offensively, I simply mean that In my experience bi and homosexual men seem feminine.

Stormpax
2008-05-19, 09:14 PM

Whoa...
lol

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-05-20, 12:27 AM
V is more man than you will ever be and more woman than you will ever have...er or the other way around.

Morgan Wick
2008-05-20, 01:13 AM
You know, I could turn this thread's reasoning on its head and claim V MUST be female in order to balance out Ted.

Corsair
2008-05-20, 04:01 AM
Fools. Vaarsuvius is neither male, nor female, nor a hermaphrodite, nor sexless. 'He' simply is Elf. Let me clarify: Have you ever seen a male Elf in this strip? I have not. We have seen presumably gendered Elves, but they have all been female from what I can remember.

Therefore, I submit that there are no genders within Elvendom, but rather a genetic pooling in which the master mages craft a fleshy external 'womb' for an Elven child to develop within. To provide for materials for their creation, a pair of Donor Mates will contribute genetic materials, allowing the raw materials for the child to develop.

Laurentio
2008-05-20, 04:41 AM
Fools. Vaarsuvius is neither male, nor female, nor a hermaphrodite, nor sexless. 'He' simply is Elf. Let me clarify: Have you ever seen a male Elf in this strip? I have not. We have seen presumably gendered Elves, but they have all been female from what I can remember.

Therefore, I submit that there are no genders within Elvendom, but rather a genetic pooling in which the master mages craft a fleshy external 'womb' for an Elven child to develop within. To provide for materials for their creation, a pair of Donor Mates will contribute genetic materials, allowing the raw materials for the child to develop.
Several male, female, and gender ambiguous elves appears in printed books. Just to spoil the fun.

Laurentio

Firestar27
2008-05-20, 10:23 PM
Er... Ted has changed gender so many times I'm not sure what Ted is anymore.

Corsair
2008-05-21, 06:09 PM
Oh really, Laurentio? You saw their genitalia? Can you be CERTAIN that they were really gendered?

Laurentio
2008-05-21, 10:42 PM
Oh really, Laurentio? You saw their genitalia? Can you be CERTAIN that they were really gendered?
No. Actually, I didn't see them at all - I don't have the books as it's hard to get them in Italia - but other readers did and reported. So, while I can't prove that they are gendered, I don't care to feed an epileptic tree just for the fun of.

Laurentio

Degausser
2008-05-23, 05:21 AM
I always assumed V to be male, as V's personality seems to fit better for males. No offense to any career oriented women out there, but power for the sake of power (which is what V does) is pretty much a male-type mindset. Of course there are exceptions, but that's how I feel at least.