PDA

View Full Version : Saw?

Steelrose
2008-05-19, 03:36 PM
I just recently got this idea that I wanna do a Saw-like dungeon, with cursed items, traps with and without people inside them,
obvious treasures which can only be reached by sacrificing a limb or swimming through poisonous razors. Stuff like that.

What is the most brutal and abusive dungeon you can think of? ;)

Worira
2008-05-19, 04:03 PM
Tomb of Horrors (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a)

The Necroswanso
2008-05-19, 04:26 PM
Is it me, or is it coincidentally hilarious that you simply linked Tomb of Horros, while at the same time your Avatar is a picture of Frodo freaking out from the LoTR animated movie?

UglyPanda
2008-05-19, 04:32 PM
I'm running Tomb of Horrors right now, and it's not suicidal, just hard. Most of the traps can be bypassed with a bit of (common sense/suicidal tendencies), but if you screw up, you're pretty likely to die.

This is actually kind of a hard thing to pull off because of how the players would react. Quite a few players would get around the traps without hurting themselves through sheer luck. Some would flat-out refuse to continue traveling in the dungeon because they're not suicidal or in danger, and they have a way out. Others would gladly take the damage and get a cleric to heal themselves up. There's always the chance that your players are paranoid and assume it's just a trap to punish their greed and avoid all of them. If I were playing, I'd just wreck the obstacles with spells and weapons, and get the items after the dust settles.

Steelrose
2008-05-20, 02:43 AM
Tomb of Horrors (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a)

Yes, I have already run tomb of horrors. It was quite satisfying though I'm trying create something new and my creativity isn't just as bright as it maybe should be ;)

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-20, 06:12 AM
Remember, you have to do at least 4+ iterations, each of them more stupid, more plotless, and more pointlessly gory than the previous one.