PDA

View Full Version : If you had a super power, what would it be?

BillsBioBlog
2008-05-19, 05:41 PM
Telekinesis hands down... mainly because it's very similar to having the force. So all in all it combines Professor X and Anakin Skywalker... (wow I'm a nerd)

aaaand your turns

RandomNPC
2008-05-19, 05:53 PM
invisible womans fields, with the asumption that i can encase things and drag them to me. ya know, move the fields, not just expand and contract them.

think about it, you could either try to grab a bullet with telekenesis, or put up a field to block a chain gun. and if the fields are moveable you'd never need to ride the bus again, yeay!

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-19, 05:58 PM
Definately Time Travel, I mean, I can make up the homework I miss and bad test scores, or go back hundreds of years and witness the greatest events in history.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-19, 06:02 PM
I'd want Telekenesis but only if it I could control matter on a subatomic scale.

Bank robber giving you problems? *poof* Now he's an order of shrimp fried rice.

It could be such an awesome power for those with a decent chemistry background. I could pick up a rock, use it to make a focused nuclear blast, then contain the radiation and convert it into stable matter...perhaps right back into the rock.

Definately Time Travel, I mean, I can make up the homework I miss and bad test scores, or go back hundreds of years and witness the greatest events in history.

Problem with that, it that if you go back in time, you lose your reason for going back, so in the future(present) you never go back, but then you never lose your reason and become trapped in a paradox.

Raiser Blade
2008-05-19, 06:04 PM
Telekinesis hands down... mainly because it's very similar to having the force. So all in all it combines Professor X and Anakin Skywalker... (wow I'm a nerd)

aaaand your turns

Actually no. Telekinesis does not gant you any sort of mental manipulation tricks whatsoever.

I would choose shape shifting. So much fun could be had.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-19, 06:07 PM
I'm with Owl, only I'd take it a step further: Complete control over time.

Dihan
2008-05-19, 06:12 PM
I'd find being able to absorb knowledge and skills from the people around you to be really useful in everyday life.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-19, 06:13 PM

Icewalker
2008-05-19, 06:18 PM
Time travel is bad, I feel. At least, conventional "I'm gonna go to exactly X time" style time travel.

I would have save states. I can save everything as it is, then load any of these save states at any time. Keeping memory, and perhaps bringing one or two objects with me to stay in their current state. For example, save at the beginning of a day, spend the whole day working, reload from the beginning of the day, bringing myself and my computer back with me. Day's work done, same time of day. Repeat.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-19, 06:24 PM

Jokerz
2008-05-19, 06:36 PM
I'd spring for time and space manipulation. Think of it! Teleportation! Time slowing stopping, and travel. I mean TOTAL control. This pretty much encompasses all of the general time abilities, with the added bonus of... spacey stuff. I dunno what else you could do with space manipulation besides teleportation. Someone surprise me. To the naysayers, I did a bit of physics research and heard that if you look at it hard enough, time turns into space after a while out of sheer embarassment. Just don't blink.

Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. DON'T turn your back, DON'T look away, and DON'T BLINK.:smallcool: Good luck.

sorry, just had to do that. :smallsmile:

Reptilius
2008-05-19, 06:37 PM
Laser vision.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/53/Popeeyebeams.jpg

One of the benefits of the papacy, along with being the head of the Catholic Church. And the Popemobile.

Lykan
2008-05-19, 07:14 PM
Shapeshifting, any day.

ForzaFiori
2008-05-19, 07:18 PM
telepathy.

DrowVampyre
2008-05-19, 07:56 PM
Pun-Pun-hood. :smallbiggrin:

If that's out, though, I'd take shapeshifting. Especially if my shapeshifting included imaginary creatures and substances. Cut me off in traffic? Adamantine half-tarrasque dragon, here I come!

Mando Knight
2008-05-19, 08:32 PM
Barring omnipotence (and omnipotency related powers such as space-time control), I'd pick: Increased Dexterity and Strength and Pyrokinesis (including flight by producing rocket-like fires on my feet or something...); FISS (Flight, Invulnerability, Strength, Speed); or Super Speed.

Tussy the Druid
2008-05-19, 08:42 PM
The intelligence to create any super power I wanted.
Barring that, I'd go with time mastery.
Barring that, I'd go with complete mind mastery. Like dominating minds, reading minds, and destroying minds.

Jayngfet
2008-05-19, 08:44 PM
It's either X-ray vision, control of magnets, or shapeshifting.

RobotPerfomance
2008-05-19, 08:50 PM
How about we go with healing power. That is I heal myself and I can heal others. I think I could do a lot of good with that.

And if that didn't work lets go with flying because that would be fun.

Phase
2008-05-19, 08:51 PM
Barring omnipotence

Blast! You stole my prospective power!''

Anyway, I would want the power to move, add, and subtract letters from sentences. Imagine, if you will, that you come across the following scene:

The short man walked down the street.

Now just switch it around...

The shot-up van walled us in.

Much more exciting!

FoE
2008-05-19, 09:05 PM
Nothing beats super-regeneration. Immortality and the freedom to do pretty much do anything!

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-19, 09:13 PM
Nothing beats super-regeneration. Immortality and the freedom to do pretty much do anything!

Wolverine has that. Twice. He's the Chuck Norris of comic book characters.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-19, 09:16 PM
Flight, regeneration, and Phase's power. :smallcool:

Jayngfet
2008-05-19, 09:21 PM
Wolverine has that. Twice. He's the Chuck Norris of comic book characters.

Chuck Norris got beaten up by a twelve year old girl named Molly?

thubby
2008-05-19, 10:02 PM
absolute command of my form (and the ability to survive/think in those forms). grants access to most super powers, plus who can resist a shapeshifter fight?

GrassyGnoll
2008-05-19, 10:15 PM
Time control? Bah. Control over spacetime. Topology, time, light, distance, and symmetry are at my beck and call.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-05-19, 10:16 PM
I would have the ability to alter reality in many ways, but only within a sphere extending 5 metres from my body. Once outside my "zone" things follow the real worlds rules instead of mine. For example I could make a car hover, but once I leave it would fall. I would also have the ability to create up to 5 stationary "zones" of up to 10 metres in radius but only by renewing them every 24 hours. This would be a good compromise between 'broken' superpowers and 'weak' ones.

FoE
2008-05-19, 11:05 PM

A twelve-year-old girl who could fight Godzilla, mind you. :smallwink:

Echowinds
2008-05-19, 11:11 PM
I think all those god-like powers are a bit too much. Sure, I wish I have those kind of powers too, but space-time manipulation type of omnipotence is a bit too...OPed.

For a more "regular" superpower, it would be nice to have super-intelligence. Flight, superspeed, superstrength, and all those regular superpowers can be obtained when you are smart enough.

Izodor
2008-05-19, 11:41 PM
I would want ice powers. Being able to turn things to ice would be really cool (pun intended).

Agamid
2008-05-19, 11:42 PM
immortality/flying. definitely one of those.

Jagg
2008-05-20, 01:03 AM
Ok this is totally ripped off from a number of sources...but is unbeatable.

Time manipulation - Pah
Flight - psheh
Telepathy - Dooduun

The power is....love. You fall instantly and hopelessly in love with the possessor of the power.

Of course works better for girls than boys...damn gender stereotypes.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-20, 01:07 AM
I'd pick healing first (predicably), but being able to turn into animals would be great as well (if you think of a cross between Dax and Mia from The Shapeshifter books, that would be ideal for me).

Jayngfet
2008-05-20, 01:18 AM

Ooh, can I have that as my power?

North
2008-05-20, 01:31 AM

Heres some pics of Molly Hayes AKA Bruiser AKA Princess Powerful laying the smack down on some of Marvels toughest bad asses.

Wolverine.:smallbiggrin:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/northqwerty/MollyWolv1.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/northqwerty/MollyWolv2.jpg

The Punisher.:smallbiggrin:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/northqwerty/MollyPun1.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/northqwerty/MollyPun2.jpg

On subject.

Theres a lot of Uber powers out there, but I wouldnt want em. Make things too easy. And a lot of the Uberpowers can end real bad.

Id just get me some telekinesis. Can do lots of stuff with it, is extremely versatile. The most important thing though is that you could fly. How awesome would that be!:smallsmile:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-20, 01:35 AM
I don't know... I don't think I can handle all the paperworks and bureaucratic procedures I'll have to go through if I were to possess any obvious superpowers such as flying, super-strength and all that. Seriously, I don't think I'll mind a simple, subtle above-human-level superpowers like eidetic memory or super-intelligence. Something of very little consequence in terms of interaction with the general public. :smallbiggrin:

Makkura42
2008-05-20, 02:02 AM
The ability to set so-called "Save Points" at any given point in my life, and return to them, retaining all knowledge (but not age). And upon any untimely death, or even natural death, I would return to the last viable save point. This also includes the ability to set retroactive save points-- i.e, before the power was gained.

Ultimate power.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-20, 02:05 AM
The ability to set so-called "Save Points" at any given point in my life, and return to them, retaining all knowledge (but not age). And upon any untimely death, or even natural death, I would return to the last viable save point. This also includes the ability to set retroactive save points-- i.e, before the power was gained.

Ultimate power.

Ask Tralfamadorians.

kpenguin
2008-05-20, 02:14 AM
Omnipotence, duh.

Makkura42
2008-05-20, 02:23 AM
Ask Tralfamadorians.

Heh, thank you wiki.

Big difference there is that they can only experience, view etc reality including past, present, and future.

My idea is the ability to set save points, even retroactively, and be able to return to them at will. The death thing is just a fail safe in case of some sort of accident, or murder. This facilitates being able to live life in any way I see fit. I can swoop back to 12 years old, and make completely different choices, ultimately landing me in an electric chair. Or in the Oval Office. Or on a space station. The point is, it eliminates the typical complaint about eternal life "Wouldn't you get bored?" No. Because the possibilities are infinite.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-20, 04:03 AM
Heh, thank you wiki.

Big difference there is that they can only experience, view etc reality including past, present, and future.

My idea is the ability to set save points, even retroactively, and be able to return to them at will. The death thing is just a fail safe in case of some sort of accident, or murder. This facilitates being able to live life in any way I see fit. I can swoop back to 12 years old, and make completely different choices, ultimately landing me in an electric chair. Or in the Oval Office. Or on a space station. The point is, it eliminates the typical complaint about eternal life "Wouldn't you get bored?" No. Because the possibilities are infinite.

Mmm, that's like, everyone's dream you know. Billy Pilgrim but none of the stage frights. I definitely recommend you read Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. It's a very short novel with lots to think about.

Player_Zero
2008-05-20, 07:03 AM
...What was that Marvel character which could change reality with a thought?

Or The Flash's powers...

Or that other character, whose name I can't remember, who could change reality, but had to be on drugs at the time...

Also, as far as I know Wolverine isn't immortal, he's just unkillable... I think he still ages... Maybe not... Needs clarification.

...I have the power to have.... All the power I want.
Bullrog has lotsalotsa powers!

My idea is the ability to set save points, even retroactively, and be able to return to them at will...
...But you'd have to live out the same time period again and again... I think you might be a bit limited it this power, to be fair.

Castaras
2008-05-20, 07:15 AM
Teleporation of self.

Wouldn't be able to trust myself with anything else.

With teleportation though, I could maybe use a picture or something to get to the place I wanted to teleport to.

Which would be pretty darn awesome. Means I'd be able to get to be with a certain person easier. >.>

YPU
2008-05-20, 09:04 AM
Reeeeeeealy big luck. try to jump and fly and boom, there for some reason it works.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-20, 09:33 AM
I wish :
Being able to be invisible, non-scentrable, non-traceable, pure silent.

What I would most likely get :
The power to do all things with cookies, I mean ALL things, with cookies, invisibility cookie, lust cookie. That Kind of stuff... But I´d be powerless with my magic conjuring cookies and cookies themselves.

Omnipotence, duh.
That would give my migraine a shake-up from hell that´d last longer then I´d live.

WalkingTarget
2008-05-20, 09:40 AM
Does having the ability to be overlooked count (the power of Mundane!)? If it does, I already have that.

6'2" (about 188cm) and people can fail to notice me standing next to them. Combine this with a tendency to walk lightly (why do so many people stomp everywhere they go?) and I startle people easily without trying to.

This probably maps most easily onto Invisibility if I've got to go for an actual superpower. However, the one I'd like to have is what Mr. Terrific has, not anything particularly obvious or flashy, just being good at whatever I try my hand at (a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes).

Mc. Lovin'
2008-05-20, 12:45 PM
It'd be a toss-up between Illusionment and manifestation, and healing

I think it'd be pretty cool to heal other people with supernatural powers though, backing up the main people with superpowers

Dryken
2008-05-20, 12:54 PM
I'd love to be a shape shifter. I'd be able to turn into anyone I want and get access to some very high security areas.

Kyrian
2008-05-20, 01:13 PM
Well, since I've taken recent fandom to Heroes, I'm going to have to go with Peter's powers.

Absorption. ^-^

That way I can has all YOUR powers too! Yay!

Of course, that's just my first choice, give me a few decades to think out and narrow it down and I could give you another answer or thousand or so.

Trog
2008-05-20, 01:14 PM
I am totally of the opinion that I am somehow pulling from the "ignorance" power source or something. Social cues, especially positive ones, seem to just bounce right off of me with no effect. So.... compliment-proof would have to be one power. I can fiddle with computers and often seem to fix them without really knowing what I'm doing. So... technical incompetence competence of some sort. And... um... now I need a batmobile or something... er...

Dude, where's my car? :smallconfused:

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-20, 01:16 PM
Either telepathy or teleportation.

Narmoth
2008-05-20, 02:00 PM
How about we go with healing power. That is I heal myself and I can heal others. I think I could do a lot of good with that.

Yes, healing powers would be cool.
Or if I may rephrase, power over the organisms healing functions, being able to both heal wounds and sickness, and be able to inflict them to would be awesome

Player_Zero
2008-05-20, 02:04 PM
Hmmm... Can I be omnipotent, omniscience, omnipresence, and omnibenevolence? :smalltongue:

Not really a power, though... More of 'Being God'.

Oregano
2008-05-20, 02:37 PM
I'd have to choose between telekinisis(sp?) or Invisibility, just so I could disseappear whenever i'd want to.

FdL
2008-05-20, 02:39 PM
To the OP: Proffessor X has nothing to do with telekinesis.

And as I say every time this thread gets reincarnated, I prefer telepathy to telekinesis. With telekinesis you can move things. With telepathy you can make others move things for you.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-20, 03:11 PM
Extreme fine control telekinesis. Allows you to do things like cause something to combust at a molecular level or control electricity by moving individual electrons. >.>

Mordokai
2008-05-20, 03:37 PM
Reeeeeeealy big luck. try to jump and fly and boom, there for some reason it works.

http://duckman.pettho.com/characters/gladston.jpg

Need I say more? :smalltongue:

As for super power, I'm not really sure. Power to predict future would be nice, but having renegaration would be my pick. Of course, if I could predict future, I probably wouldn't need to have regenaration. But I'd still take the later over the former.

Captain Kenny
2008-05-20, 04:44 PM
I think everyone might be missing the massive financial enriching aspect of having super powers. You want something that freaks people out and that they can't explain but doesn't mess them up so much that they want to kill you with sticks cause you could have either a collateral damage situation or a lynchin' on your hands.

Uri Gellar had the power to get filthy rich by bending spoons...

Just think about it:smallwink:

Raider
2008-05-20, 04:49 PM
Control over rocks of course they are EVERYWHERE. A never ending army

D_Lord
2008-05-20, 04:53 PM
I would like the power to take anything or any one in to the world of the mind that I created. It is like being god only in a smaller area.

MisterSaturnine
2008-05-20, 04:54 PM
Complete control of the mind/brain, including control over the signals/chemicals it releases.

It's a whole bunch of powers rolled up into one--you can release chemicals in your own brain to give you temporary bursts of power (endorphins, adrenalin, or just go into hyperdrive and speed up your reaction time to ridiculous levels), change perceptions as the equivalent of shapeshifting or invisibility ("I look like ___," or simply, "You don't see me"), and good 'ol fashioned suggestion and things like that. If you need to get lethal, then there's plenty of ways to kill or incapacitate with a glance ("Your brain stem doesn't work anymore," "Your brain has stopped sending signals to the heart," "You're going to be effectively lobotomized for the next 5 minutes," "Every physical sensation feels like a bee sting...").

It'd essentially be people control.

Plus, I've always wanted to be the Chessmaster/Great Manipulator. :smallwink:

Player_Zero
2008-05-20, 05:19 PM
I don't see the attraction of invisibility... The practical applications are sorely limited. You could steal stuff... You could... Commit random crimes... Err... Help me out here, I got nothing.

That power off of them thar Heroes, vis-à-vis mind control-illusion that that woman had, seems like a better option. 'Course, if we're talking Heroes then Hiro had the best power, even if he couldn't use it so well.

Complete control of the mind/brain, including control over the signals/chemicals it releases.

Like Professor Xavier, then... Ya' know, he hardly ever used his powers because he though it was EVIL. See: BoVD Mind Rape.

CrazedGoblin
2008-05-20, 05:55 PM
either Crykineticim or really REALLY fast reactions

GrassyGnoll
2008-05-20, 05:55 PM
I think all those god-like powers are a bit too much. Sure, I wish I have those kind of powers too, but space-time manipulation type of omnipotence is a bit too...OPed.

Consider that I'd remain very squishy and liable to be taken by surprise. The ability to envision and travel through a fourth dimension at will are more what I'm interested in.

Flickerdart
2008-05-20, 06:20 PM
Candle of Invocation cheese aside (although I'd appreciate the irony of being able to call on any otherplanar being to do my bidding, with anything out there being useless in every possible way) I wouldn't mind me some telepathy. Not the lame kind where you see surface thought, but insight into how the person's mind works.

ikrase
2008-05-20, 06:46 PM
Flying would be nice. However, gravity modification would be really cool. Being a 1st level wizard would be best thouugh.

Copacetic
2008-05-20, 06:49 PM
Flight. Hands down. Because nothing is more awesome than racing your bus to school alongside it. Plus, you get to go sky-diving whenever you want. And you know you won't die from it.

Zarrexaij
2008-05-20, 06:51 PM
OOH! OOH! Can I have extreme sarcasm?

Sarcasm so extreme and super it stupidifies stupifies my enemies, awes my friends, and entertains civilians?

Please?

Oh. OH. Fine. I'll just stick with telepathy. I'd probably hear something I can't unhear, but it's all good. Maybe my relationships would work and I wouldn't be so disappointed.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-20, 07:29 PM
If people are doing heroes stuff, then I want to be Isacc. You know; important, quite powerful power, with a real dark side - he's got the whole anti-hero thing going on pretty well there.

It wouldn't bother me that I couldn't do anything with my powers. I'd just take heroin, paint, and have the most emotive death scene in the series.

Oregano
2008-05-21, 03:14 AM
I don't see the attraction of invisibility... The practical applications are sorely limited. You could steal stuff... You could... Commit random crimes... Err... Help me out here, I got nothing.

You could just dissappear and be undisturbed, and you could help people without them even knowing you're there, you'd also be an über-cool detective.

That power off of them thar Heroes, vis-à-vis mind control-illusion that that woman had, seems like a better option. 'Course, if we're talking Heroes then Hiro had the best power, even if he couldn't use it so well.

Yer Candice's power was well better than Claude's but Claude was the type of guy I like, he wasn't manipulating people, he was simply minding his own business, that's what I liked about.

To be dreadfully honest, I wouldn't want any mind control or telepathy, telepathy's like invasion(there's some things you shouldn't know) and mind controls too evil in my opinion.

I guess it just comes down to personal opinion really.

Solo
2008-05-21, 03:21 AM
OOH! OOH! Can I have extreme sarcasm?

Sarcasm so extreme and super it stupidifies stupifies my enemies, awes my friends, and entertains civilians?

Please?

No. ________

Targan
2008-05-21, 03:48 AM
Mind control, and not just in the immediate term but also the ability to make lasting changes to what others think about specific things. Admittedly for the sole purpose of having every hot chick I see want to do extremely naughty things with/to me. Yes, I guess I am a pervert.

Solo
2008-05-21, 04:38 AM
People like you make me glad superpowers don't exist. :smalltongue:

cabbagesquirrel
2008-05-21, 04:55 AM
being able to go anywhere and anywhen, that would be a cool power. basically have a TARDIS built into your makeup.

oh an super regeneration ala immortality, that would be cool for a millenia or so.

leperkhaun
2008-05-21, 05:32 AM
To be able to change one material to another. Golden touch so to speak.

Felixaar
2008-05-21, 06:51 AM
Mind control, and not just in the immediate term but also the ability to make lasting changes to what others think about specific things. Admittedly for the sole purpose of having every hot chick I see want to do extremely naughty things with/to me. Yes, I guess I am a pervert.

We're all perverts. Some of us are just more comfortable with admitting it.

I mean, uh, get out of this topic, shameful person.

Also, Flight, most definetly.

Ranna
2008-05-21, 06:54 AM
It would definatly be able to read minds, I am THAT nosey!

Targan
2008-05-21, 08:09 AM
To be able to change one material to another. Golden touch so to speak.
I have the Reverse Midas Touch, in that everything I touch seems to turn to crap.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-21, 08:32 AM
5 levels in Obfuscation. (anyone up for a game of Real-life Vampire the Masquerade?)

SilentNight
2008-05-21, 09:09 AM
I'm going to echo complete and total time control. That would be pure awesome.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-21, 11:27 AM
If not omnipotence, illusion generation would be fun. As would reactive evolution...

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-21, 12:47 PM
Well, it's easy enough to say what I'd LIKE to have, but what I'd be LIKELY to have is very different. I'd like mastery over time. That would be cool. I could go anywhere, anywhen. And since the past, by definition, can't be changed because it's already happened, I could only really affect the future and the present. It would still be awesome.

I think I'd use it to win the lottery.

What I'd likely be able to do, on the other hand, is quote things. Perfectly, without error, without needing to even see the thing I was quoting beforehand. I'd even quote stuff that didn't exist yet.

Slightly less awesome, but a neat party trick.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-21, 12:50 PM
Well, it's easy enough to say what I'd LIKE to have, but what I'd be LIKELY to have is very different. I'd like mastery over time. That would be cool. I could go anywhere, anywhen. And since the past, by definition, can't be changed because it's already happened, I could only really affect the future and the present. It would still be awesome.

I think I'd use it to win the lottery.

What I'd likely be able to do, on the other hand, is quote things. Perfectly, without error, without needing to even see the thing I was quoting beforehand. I'd even quote stuff that didn't exist yet.

Slightly less awesome, but a neat party trick.
You could predict the future with that, and make way awesome money. You could quote somebody saying 'the prices of *insert item here* have gone way up!!!!. Then you could buy it, stash it and then sell it later with a tremendous profit!
++++++++++++++++
To all you who want/will most likely get omnipotence :
AVOID IT UNLESS YOU WANT A KILLER MIGRAINE THAT WILL INSTANTLY KILL YOU!

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-21, 12:57 PM
Eternal youth, immortality, omnipotence (or just power cosmic if you don't allow it) and a magic hand that shoots bees.

Because no matter who you are, the moment you get compared to a magic hand... well, you know the rest.

Telonius
2008-05-21, 01:34 PM
Ability to write anything into existence. If I activate the power, and write, "Suddenly, I found a large pile of money on my desk," then there's a stack of fifties right there. Sorta like the Green Lantern Corps, it's a power limited only by my imagination.

Ilena
2008-05-23, 02:15 PM
Shape-shifting for me, fly as a bird ... or a Dragon ... scare the whole word i think :P Ive got a few goals in life that can be solved very quickly with shapeshifting ..

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-23, 09:02 PM
1: 40 levels in all D&D classes
2: All of my namesakes powers, onlymore so
3: or best of all: the power to make people happy, truely happy.

Edmund
2008-05-23, 09:30 PM
I'd have the United States 'cause the Soviet Union is dead and China has no MIRVs. :smallcool:

randman22222
2008-05-24, 05:43 AM
No. 1:

Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control Weather Control

BOOM!

Loved that strip. Anyway, weather control is sooo versatile. I could ionize the air beneath my feet, and give it insane magnetic charges that could support my weight, I could make a very precise hailstorm start falling on those bears chasing me through the woods, or just hit em with a bolt.

No. 2

The power of creation. Basically, I can create anything within or outside of the laws of physics at will. I'm late to school, I create a teleporter, step inside, and there I appear, at school. Or if I wanna get away from everything, create a Dramiel (skip to 40 seconds) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-553798494663605939&q=dramiel&ei=nvM3SJntI4GEjQL7qpHiAw&hl=en).

P.S. If anyone else plays eve-online, drop me a line.

EDIT: Also, Solo has the right idea.

Solo
2008-05-24, 06:04 AM
We're all perverts. Some of us are just more comfortable with admitting it.

"It" in this case is basically rape.:smallconfused:

Seriously, messing with someone's mind to get them to sleep with you?
Why not just slip a mickey in their drink and be done with it? :smallannoyed:

Perhaps I'm just being rubbed the wrong way more easily than normal today..

Player_Zero
2008-05-24, 06:33 AM
"It" in this case is basically rape.:smallconfused:

Seriously, messing with someone's mind to get them to sleep with you?
Why not just slip a mickey in their drink and be done with it? :smallannoyed:

Perhaps I'm just being rubbed the wrong way more easily than normal today..

Why have mind control when you could have super-rape? :smalltongue:

Seriously though, mind control is eeeeeevil.

...Fun, though.

Also, most of the powers people want amount to godhood. Says something amount people, huh?

randman22222
2008-05-24, 07:02 AM
Yeah, and? There's a fine line between lust of power and lack of self-control.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-24, 07:25 AM
Ability to selectively alter the friction constant of my surroundings at range. Has my utilities such as:

Causing people to slip up or alternatively find their shoes "glued" to the floor.
Ablate incoming bullets by creating a bubble of incredible air resistance a few inches from my body.
Wall walking.
Disarming and so on by causing held objects to become incredibly slippery.

Plus it is fairly original.

Solo
2008-05-24, 07:47 AM
Ability to selectively alter the friction constant of my surroundings at range. Has my utilities such as:

Causing people to slip up or alternatively find their shoes "glued" to the floor.
Ablate incoming bullets by creating a bubble of incredible air resistance a few inches from my body.
Wall walking.
Disarming and so on by causing held objects to become incredibly slippery.

Plus it is fairly original.

Plus, you never need to buy KY Jelly ever again.

unstattedCommoner
2008-05-24, 07:54 AM
The power to manipulate gravity.

If you think about it, this reproduces everything a Jedi can do, except the mind trick.

Copacetic
2008-05-24, 09:38 AM
Plus, you never need to buy KY Jelly ever again.

You disturb me.

Ethrael
2008-05-24, 09:41 AM
Probably wind manipulation. If you had it down to a powerful enough degree, it could do almost anything - super-hearing, sonic scream, flight, telekinesis, force-fields... all when in air though.