PDA

View Full Version : actual legitamate MITD theory (sorry)

littlequietguy
2008-05-19, 07:33 PM
:smallredface: The giant nuff said
or just a regular human

Jayngfet
2008-05-19, 07:38 PM
No, just no.

Lupy
2008-05-19, 08:47 PM
... This is better than the old "V is both sexes theory." No really, if Rich sees this I shudder to think what will happen.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-05-19, 08:58 PM
what was the theory?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-19, 09:07 PM
That the MITD is Rich.

littlequietguy
2008-05-19, 09:08 PM
no offense to anyone

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-05-19, 09:16 PM
Actually, I've heard that one before... That the Darkness would fall away, revealing a photo of Rich thanking the readers for reading the strip.

Hard to say... At least it's not yet another "I think teh Snarl is the MitD. Why hasn't anyone ever suggested that before?"

drengnikrafe
2008-05-19, 09:17 PM
I...
I actually heard this theory a long time ago on nerd paradise.
It took a long time to get here, now didn't it?

I was intrigued by the idea at first, but then it occured to me... I don't really care what the MITD is.
I do care of V's gender and whether or not Haley is Half-Celestial, though.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-05-19, 09:30 PM
I think that given how much Rich has made the MITD appear rather dumb, or at least childish, it's likely not meant to be him. That would be a bit self-insulting. It's an interesting theory, though.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-19, 10:54 PM
Meh. I still go with the theory that the monster is actually a fragment of the Snarl... a limb that reached through one of the gates and was severed when it was first sealed.

David Argall
2008-05-19, 11:23 PM
That the MITD is Rich.

The MitD is rich? Not a chance. It gets paid nothing, and even trippled, that's not much. And it has been losing all those bets.

The MitD has to be poor.

Trazoi
2008-05-20, 03:32 AM
Actually, I've heard that one before... That the Darkness would fall away, revealing a photo of Rich thanking the readers for reading the strip.
I posted that theory in response to one of the other MitD theories a month or two ago (probably one of the "MitD is the Snarl" ones).

It's still my leading MitD theory, mostly because I can't consider the MitD as anything other than a pair of yellow eyes. So if the MitD has to be something, might as well employ the Rule of Funny (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny) to its full (logic and continuity be damned!)

Laurentio
2008-05-20, 05:34 AM
Meh. I still go with the theory that the monster is actually a fragment of the Snarl... a limb that reached through one of the gates and was severed when it was first sealed.
Theory negated in printed books.

Laurentio

Devils_Advocate
2008-05-21, 05:53 PM
Pah. Who cares what a nuff says, even if it is a giant nuff? I don't trust nuffs. They're up to somethin', I tells ya.

Dingdongtudelu
2008-05-21, 06:37 PM
The MitD is rich? Not a chance. It gets paid nothing, and even trippled, that's not much. And it has been losing all those bets.

The MitD has to be poor.

But who would this mysterious Poor be then? And where does he come from? I bet Poor's a Terrasaur! Or even better, I bet it's the snarl, or a part of it! Ooh, maybe it's even Rich! I bet Poor's Rich. That would be something. And Poor will reveal to be Rich at the end of the comic, when he finally wins that bet. Wanna bet?

Uncle Festy
2008-05-21, 08:22 PM
Ooh! Maybe the MitD is bet -
- ty. :smalltongue:

drengnikrafe
2008-05-21, 08:42 PM
But who would this mysterious Poor be then? And where does he come from? I bet Poor's a Terrasaur! Or even better, I bet it's the snarl, or a part of it! Ooh, maybe it's even Rich! I bet Poor's Rich. That would be something. And Poor will reveal to be Rich at the end of the comic, when he finally wins that bet. Wanna bet?

Let me get this strait:
You are suggesting that the Monster in the Darkness is actually Rich Berlew, but you're making a pun on that by pointing out that the Monster in the Darkness has very little money (and thus is poor), but at the end of the strips, he wins his bets, and then gets a whole lot of money (thus making him rich in the fiscal sense), and then making a play on that by revealing him to not only be rich (in the fiscal sense) but Rich (in the comic's creator sense)?

That's an interesting play on words.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-21, 08:45 PM
Theory negated in printed books.

Laurentio
Lies! Lies!
To quote Mythbusters: I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Icewalker
2008-05-21, 09:01 PM
Hehehe, that's not bad. New to me, although I've been mostly staying out of the OOTS section.

littlequietguy
2008-05-21, 09:04 PM

I thought of that to but I thought he was the snarl himself.

considering that noone actually knows what he looks like.

stsasser
2008-05-21, 09:35 PM
I thought of that to but I thought he was the snarl himself.

considering that noone actually knows what he looks like.

Xykon doesn't know what MITD looks like?

Atmbn
2008-05-21, 09:52 PM
he could be the tarrasque

drengnikrafe
2008-05-21, 09:59 PM
he could be the tarrasque

Tarrasque
Colossal Magical Beast
Always neutral

Or, he could not be because he's considerably too small, and he's too kind to be neutral. Sure, there's a bunch of other facts that won't allow it.

Yours is a quasi-popular theory, but it's not a particularly possible one, either.

Nathan W
2008-05-21, 10:20 PM
the mitd is the pre-incanation of gary gygax!
or the mitd is the cross between king kong and ___________

Chazzie
2008-05-24, 11:12 AM
Agreed! It's Gary Gygax!

Kato
2008-05-24, 11:46 AM
No, it's O-Chul! All makes sense now... It's a future O-Chul who traveled back in time (no challenge to him) to change history - don't ask in what way, O-Chul's ways can not be understood by mere humans - and he has to hide, so meeting his present self won't make the creation undone!

Anyway, I kinda like the Rich idea with him thanking the audience in the last strip ^^ But... isn't he a little too childish to be Rich? (Does Rich love stew? Does he watch dwarves making out? Does he play go?)

Roderick_BR
2008-05-24, 10:20 PM
:smallredface: The giant nuff said
or just a regular human
What is "The giant nuff said"? A giant "nuff said" sign? :smalltongue: </grammar nazi>

Selene
2008-05-27, 12:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there a list somewhere of MitD theories? What ideas have been seriously tossed about besides the ones in this thread so far?