PDA

View Full Version : Design help

Signmaker
2008-05-20, 05:52 PM
http://www.staarproductions.com/images/pagepics/ribbon.jpg

As you can see, I'm planning on building a dancer with some form of whip weapon. However, I am running in to quite a few snags.

1. There aren't that many whips to choose from, and I would prefer to know about the existance of as many whips as possible before I choose one.

2. I am not sure if I would like to make a tripper build, or follow Kurald's example and make a dancing Whippomancer.

Ideas would be lovely.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-20, 06:01 PM
Well, there's a Whip Dagger that is, *gasp* useful against competitive enemies, and Frosty did a truly marvelous Cloaked Dancer some time ago. It could be pretty useful, that one.

azalinthegreat
2008-05-21, 11:11 PM
Hmmm...this would be a cool point to invent some sort of new whip. What do you think of a whip that came alive and entangled someone with a successful hit? You could use the “entangle” spell rules, dealt to a single creature instead of an area.

I’d say that whips just aren’t built to do much damage. They’re more for disabling an opponent, and allowing someone else to take advantage of the opportunity.

Keld Denar
2008-05-21, 11:21 PM
Bards are proficient in whips, and one utilizing Dragonfire Inspiration with optimized Inspire Courage could be quite fun.

*snap*
*sizzle*

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-22, 12:01 AM
Hmmm...this would be a cool point to invent some sort of new whip. What do you think of a whip that came alive and entangled someone with a successful hit? You could use the “entangle” spell rules, dealt to a single creature instead of an area.

I’d say that whips just aren’t built to do much damage. They’re more for disabling an opponent, and allowing someone else to take advantage of the opportunity.Now if only they could be used to take AoOs. :smallmad:

Adumbration
2008-05-22, 12:15 AM
You should take a look at Lash of the Sands, if you're going to be high level. A whip made of permanently stabilized shapesand, deals lethal damage, can entangle enemies as an animated rope, and is officially a +2 dessiccating burst whip. Works against armored enemies etc normally.

Maybe make one without all those enhancements, for lower levels?