PDA

View Full Version : How do ranged attacks for archery work in DnD 3.5

Macellari
2008-05-20, 11:12 PM
------------------------------------ 1-------------------------------
Heyas, I once played long ago with from friends and now looking to start again with another grp and Iīm going to DM. One of my friends is looking to be a ranger. After looking at the class in general, I found my self confused as to how many shots a ranger can get. Say there is a lvl 6 Ranger. He now has 2 shots due to his BAB being at +6 / +1. Now if he has his rapid fire feat, he gets three shots? Also, what if on top of that he has the manyshot feat? How does that work? How many shots in total? What are the penalties and such? Iīve read most of the player manual and a lot of the DM manual but it hasnīt really given me much insight over this. Any replys are greatly appreciated.
------------------------------------2------------------------------
Also, when it reads, a 6th level ranger who has chosen archery combat style, is treated as having Manyshot (just an example) even if he doesnīt have the prerequisites for it. - Does this mean that they get it automatically at lvl 6? Or do they get the option to get it as a feat at lvl 6?

Chronos
2008-05-20, 11:32 PM
1: A 6th-level ranger with Rapid Shot will indeed have three attacks per round, at +4, +4, and -1 (plus whatever other bonuses he has, from dexterity, a magic bow, or whatever). Manyshot doesn't work with Rapid Shot: The advantage of it is that it's only a standard action to make all of your shots, so you can attack a bunch and still move.

2: You get your combat style feat for free, automatically.

Macellari
2008-05-20, 11:45 PM
Ah great! Thanks a lot :)