PDA

View Full Version : My Saga Edition Star Wars/Star Gate cross-over campaign

SilverSheriff
2008-05-21, 05:21 AM
I'm making a Star Wars/Star Gate cross-over campaign, I thought it would be fun to do and my players would enjoy the cross-over, one problem: I don't have a reason how these 2 completely different Sci-Fi films could cross, could I please get some suggestions?

leperkhaun
2008-05-21, 05:29 AM
the SG evil people (the worm things) find a big old even more elaborate star gate network that takes them half way to another galaxy/universe.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-21, 05:47 AM
the SG evil people (the worm things) find a big old even more elaborate star gate network that takes them half way to another galaxy/universe.

but how did the Ancients put the Star Gates there in the first place? I need to find some reason why the Ancients would need to be in the Star Wars galaxy in the first place.

the worm things are called Goa'uld, they also have a non-evil faction called the Tokra, however I was hoping to tie it more to an after the Ori threat era (Star Gate) with a before Yuuzhan Vong era (roughly 11-15 ABY) (Star Wars).

enteri09
2008-05-21, 06:43 AM
the best way to do it is only to have two stargates in the star wars galxy, one in the possesion of the sith and one with the jedi.the midiclorions that power the force could be an advanced evolution of the go'auold and the sith are controlled by them while the jedi (representing the tok'ra) have a true symbiotic relationship. in stagate the "adresses" they use to get to other planets only contain seven symbols the "adresses" for the asgard (an advanced alien allied race) galaxy contain eight symbols. yet on the front cover of each season the stargate is actually pictured as being able to accept up to nine symbols. so it could be possible for you to say that the star wars universe is the mysterious nine symboled galaxy. just as added spice it could also be the galaxy that the ancients (biulders of the gates) went to after the alliance between they, the furlings, the nox and the asgard broke up.

Bigbrother87
2008-05-21, 07:41 AM
Well, it's obscure, but you've got this race of Infinity Gate and Star Temple builders in Star Wars:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kwa

You've always got the misfiring gate hook to connect a Stargate to a deactivated and hidden Infinity Gate. Of course, you could also have the Star Wars characters find an Infinity gate, and find a way to activate it, but it's the only currently active one, so it searches, and finds our galaxy's network to connect to. Maybe the Kwa are the Furrlings....?

Or, depending on era, you could have a Sith, escaping from the good guys, find an Infinity Gate, activate it with the force, and go through. On the other side, he/she/it meets and negotiates with a Goa'uld to attack our galaxy, while the good guys are trying to get through.

With the long distance to be covered, you could figure that time is distorted because of all of the things the wormhole has to go through, so you could connect any time/era of either Galaxy with another. You are the DM, after all.

Oh, what a fight that would be, to have a Sith and Anubis together, fighting Ascended Daniel and your jedi and team...

Maybe the Ascended Ori feel threatened, again, depending on what time period, and use their powers to summon a champion (conveniently evil Sith Lord seeking employment here), and that tampering allows Stargate and Star Wars the chance to mix.

And hey, if a Stargate goes through a blackhole, and comes out in the Star Wars universe...

So many ideas....And I don't even know what time period of either you are/want to use. Hopefully, these will give you some ideas.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-21, 07:54 AM
So many ideas....And I don't even know what time period of either you are/want to use.

Round about 11 - 15 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin).

Bigbrother87
2008-05-21, 09:23 AM
Round about 11 - 15 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin).

*cracks knuckles* Okee-dokee.

It's too bad Thrawn's already dead, he and a Goa'uld in alliance...Scary. Anyway, I'm going to throw any and all plot hooks/device/ways to combine using that period that I can think of, 'k?

11 ABY: You've got the establishment of the Jedi Academy, including an encounter with Exar Kun's. But, we don't know how the upper planes work, maybe Exar Kun is avenged by an Ori, or he was keeping an Ascended Ancient captive for enjoyment, and that Ancient can show you how to build/find a Stargate to rescue other captives in Stargate....No, too hands on for the Ancients.

14 ABY: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crystal_Star
Other dimensional being Waru, looks like a golden alter with scales, golden jello inside. Ok, he swallows one of your players, and find out that Waru is actually a native of our galaxy, that travels but keeps a hideaway here. Unfortuantely, it's under attack, and he actually swallowed that player to help. Cue scene of meeting SG-1, fighting Goa'uld, finding a way back to Star Wars.

Also, 12-13 ABY are the dates of some of the odder books in Star Wars, such as Planet of Twilight (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_of_twilight) and Darksaber (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber), both the book and the weapons platform of the same name.

Mayhaps you're players go to The Planet of Twilight before it becomes cleansed, and find that the ugly-buglies are actually coming through a Stargate that flashes on and off. Cue finding a way to turn it around, and finding a mad Ancient/Goa'uld/alien's lab, where time/space/biological experiments are all mixed together, create this mess. You clear it up, but in the process, the gate was shut down, so you have to go find the Asgard/The Ancients or something else to get you home, having adventures and encounters on the way.

Darksaber was just a Deathstar designed like a Lightsaber that was built by the Hutts, but maybe that's not the only thing they dabbled in, and actually, somehow, built a machine to connect to Stargate. Maybe even finding a Replicator, and you happen to be nearby to find out about it, and try to stop it. Of course, that'll require traveling through what ever device the Hutts built to try to find a way to beat the Replicators, and that leads them to SG-1 and their anti-replicator gun.

Or, you're team is visited by a more hands on Ascended Ancient, who isn't happy that you're galaxy sent over the Sun Crusher (during the Jedi Academy Trilogy, the Suncrusher (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Suncrusher) was dropped into a black hole...Or maybe it was detoured through a small wormhole in the black hole to StarGate, and now, because Star Wars did it, Star Wars has to fix it.

Or, given the timing, you can still use the Infinity gates idea, because Dathomir was rediscovered in 8 ABY, so that's plenty of time for stuff to happen there. And, these are just from the Star Wars side. It's always possible for another Gate malfunction to throw SG-1 into an encounter with your players, requiring a search for a way to send them home.

All of these are wild and crazy, I know, but these are the kinds of things you have to do to mix these two Universes. Hopefully, they'll give you some ideas.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-21, 10:24 PM
Or, given the timing, you can still use the Infinity gates idea, because Dathomir was rediscovered in 8 ABY, so that's plenty of time for stuff to happen there. And, these are just from the Star Wars side. It's always possible for another Gate malfunction to throw SG-1 into an encounter with your players, requiring a search for a way to send them home.

I think I will go with the Infinity Gates, making it a version of Star Gate created by the anceints as an early experiment for inter-galactic travel, but they eventually some Nanites escaped through the gate, thinking that they might be Bad Nanites they stopped going to that system.

what they didn't realise is those Nanites eventually went on to reproduce almost replicator-like to create the Force.

a year after the destruction of the Death Star, SG-1 walks through a portal on the Home Planet of the Jedi, Tython (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tython).

SilverSheriff
2008-05-22, 01:11 AM
ok, I need to stat out Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Jack O'Neill, Cameron Mitchell and Vala Mal Doran, mainly as diplomatic characters that people from the milky way recieve orders from (being part of the SGC and all).

I'm thinking of asking for this to be moved to the Homebrew section...

Xuincherguixe
2008-05-22, 09:47 AM
A wise man once said "cross overs are inherently evil".

That being said, good luck :P

SilverSheriff
2008-05-23, 09:19 PM
Characters I have so far:
Daniel Jackson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=54983)

Ossian
2008-05-24, 07:43 AM
Characters I have so far:
Daniel Jackson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=54983)

I am inherently evil, as I love cross overs to death, ergo best luck with thy endeavor mate!

Donīt forget there is always the good old option of the exploration mission, sent in cryogenic sleep to find out other galaxies. The gargantuan ship carries a goauld (who might have well possessed one of the early pure blooded siths, starting their tradition of force sensitivity and evil) and a neat stargate, ready to be installed.

Things go awry, the goauld-sith dies (or goes into millennia of slumber) and the SG is all but forgotten on some force-forsaken world. Ready to be a plot device for your campaign. The SG team, eventually finds the correct sequence, and hits the road for a galaxy far far away.

As for statting the chars, I can only give you my take on a Star Wars revised core rulebook ground, and you can see if you like it and adapt it to saga. Bea in mind that I am not quite generous with stats and levels (sort of Aragorn was 5th level approach).

Daniel Jackson, e.g. is a bit too badass the way you statted him. Although, by the end of seasen 10 there is room for something close to what you have done (power creep).

Samantha Carter: high charisma soldier / noble (cross class skill Survival) with a 1 level dip in officer

Teal'c: soldier and scout, proficient in martial arts and tracking. Add some kind of template for perfect health. If qualifies, go Elite Trooper.

Jack O'Neill: simply a high level Officer (take the NPC template of Soldier/Noble/Officer for the Imperial high ranking staff)

Cameron Mitchell: same as above, only lower level

Vala Mal Doran: scoundrel?