PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Warlock Template

SoD
2008-05-21, 05:31 AM
I'm playing a 12th level Warlock in a one-off all on all arena type thing, however, given the setting, the warlocks 12th level ability is useless for me...so I'm thinking about trying to find a template for +1 LA that could be good, here are my current stats (people in this, do not look):

A tiny sized gnome (I paid the wizard to get permanancied reduce person cast) with huge dexterity and charisma, however, a little bonus never hurt, not when it affects your eldritch DCs. That's the long and short of it, at least. I'm also planning on dual weilding wands, got the feats and everything. With a nice UMD, I can automatically use any wand I can afford when I take 10.

However, his int is subpar (either 8 or 6, I forget which), and therefore only gets one skill point per level, which I've sunk into UMD.

Tiny Gnomish Warlock.

Str: 9
Dex: 20
Con: 12
Int: 8
Wis: 6
Cha: 20

Feats: TWF, craft wand, dual wand weilder, ability focus (eldritch blast), quick draw. 2 feats still free (1 free if I find a nice template).

Flaws: pathetic wisdom, non-combatant.

Skills: UMD 15 ranks (14 if I grab a nice template).

Tactics: Wade in with two wands.

Also, we all know the race/class combinations of the others, but no more details. As far as I know, we're looking at a half-celestial sorcerer, a straight out psion or a druid/master of many forms, and a skulk monk assassin. Other details are not yet known, but may become relevant.

Failing a template, is there any good 1 level dip PrC for the warlock?

Kurald Galain
2008-05-21, 05:33 AM
How about simply taking a level in rogue, for the skill points and sneak attack die?

JBento
2008-05-21, 05:34 AM
Hellfire Warlock is HTE prestige class of my choice for warlocks, especially if I can squeeze Binder1 in the build to get naberius

Actually, on a regular game, I go Chameleon 2 first, so I can combine it with Thought Bottle cheese and have the Magic Item Factory TM

Adumbration
2008-05-21, 06:00 AM
Actually, I'm not 100% sure yet what class I'll be. Probably either the MoMF or Psion, but if I get an afternoon of free time some day, I may change my character. In which case, of course, I'll inform everyone.

SoD
2008-05-21, 06:50 AM
Hellfire Warlock is HTE prestige class of my choice for warlocks, especially if I can squeeze Binder1 in the build to get naberius

Actually, on a regular game, I go Chameleon 2 first, so I can combine it with Thought Bottle cheese and have the Magic Item Factory TM

I'd rather a template, because it's going to be tough for me to qualify for a lot of PrCs (reasons stated in above post).

Duke of URL
2008-05-21, 06:59 AM
Draconic is one of the few available at +1 that will do you any good, and even then, really not so much.

I'd actually consider switching to Chaos Gnome from plain Gnome -- it's a +1 LA that gives you an extra +2 to DEX and CHA, and the Luck of Chaos ability could come in handy on a botched roll.

Alternatively, a 1-level dip in Marshal can let you put your CHA as a bonus to spell penetration checks, which may or may not be useful, depending on what your opponents are going to have for SR.

JBento
2008-05-21, 07:02 AM
There's always the lolth-touched template. +1LA, +6 Str (for all the good that'll do ya) but +6 Con (can't have too many hit points) and immunity to fear. And no, you don't have to worship Lolth

SoD
2008-05-21, 07:17 AM
Hmm, decisions decisions...

Chaos Gnome: bonus to Cha and Dex, my two important stats.
Draconic: bonus to cha and con.
Lolth-touched: whoa! +6 con!

I think I'll probably take the chaos gnome descriptor...