PDA

View Full Version : fox in brawl

littlequietguy
2008-05-21, 09:23 AM
fox falco are overpowered but every one uses them so noone mentions it

Ranis
2008-05-21, 09:35 AM
Eh? Er....have you never played someone even halfway decent with Metaknight or Wolf?

Fox and Falco are now balanced, unlike Melee. Plus, we already have a thread for this discussion.

TSGames
2008-05-21, 10:26 AM
fox falco are overpowered but every one uses them so noone mentions it

There's no doubt that Fox and Falco will be in the upper half once the tier listing come out. It is possible that Fox could be in the first tier again, however, I'd much rather put my money on him being in the second tier. As for Falco... he'll be lucky if he makes second tier, he's been nerfed so badly. Preliminary tier results should be out around August or September, so I guess we'll have a better idea then.

MeklorIlavator
2008-05-21, 01:56 PM
Why was Faox unbalanced in Melee? This is an honest question, as my friends and I pretty much played whatever we wanted and usually ended up button mashing, so I've never seen Fox or Falco as overpowered.

AlterForm
2008-05-21, 04:40 PM
Why was Faox unbalanced in Melee? This is an honest question, as my friends and I pretty much played whatever we wanted and usually ended up button mashing, so I've never seen Fox or Falco as overpowered.

Lessee, what was it?

SHFFL. Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel. In short:

Perform a short hop by quickly tapping your jump button, then executing an aerial move (such as your Fair or Nair), then Lag-cancel by pressing L or R (or maybe another button) just before you contact the ground. The lag from your attack is so short (roughly a couple frames at most) that a very good player could perform a near-infinite combo with fox by doing this against an opponent who did not react appropriately (shieldgrab, IIRC).

Also, if you and your friends tend to button-mash instead of use Advanced Techniques, you can safely ignore the tiers for the most part.

MeklorIlavator
2008-05-21, 05:55 PM
Oh, I know. This was just curiosity, plus I don't even have the game anymore, so its not like it's an issue.

Mando Knight
2008-05-21, 06:10 PM
The thread for Smash Bros. discussion in the Playground is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71285) It's not even on the 2nd page yet.

Yes, Fox is powerful, but Falco is less so, and Marth and Game & Watch are currently top tier according to the Smash Boards. The Star Fox Team (also called the space animals...) is in general fairly powerful, but are not the Smash gods in Brawl that they are in Melee.

Icewalker
2008-05-21, 06:11 PM
Considering that me and my friends were all ranging from ok to good, but none of us were good enough to use stuff like that, I always considered Fox to be hard to start with because you need to get good at handling him, but if you are "I've played a while and am now good with" Fox, as opposed to anyone else, you will probably be winning.

What I mean, is that if you get pretty good at Fox, you will beat people who are pretty good at more or less anyone else.

I've found Brawl to be extremely balanced, they even buffed the heavy characters, making them viable. Except Ganondorf...he still sucks :smalleek:

Rogue 7
2008-05-21, 09:30 PM
The thread for Smash Bros. discussion in the Playground is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71285) It's not even on the 2nd page yet.

Yes, Fox is powerful, but Falco is less so, and Marth and Game & Watch are currently top tier according to the Smash Boards. The Star Fox Team (also called the space animals...) is in general fairly powerful, but are not the Smash gods in Brawl that they are in Melee.

Unless you're playing with smash balls and they get a landmaster. That's just mean.

littlequietguy
2008-05-21, 09:42 PM
I'll admit it was a bit unfair(of me to say)...

though the landmaster is still overpowered.

*ninjas into the night*

Geno9999
2008-05-28, 04:48 PM
CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!!!! :smallbiggrin: didn't make the will save.
I prefer Wolf over Fox because of Wolf's combination of weight and power.

Usually I don't pay attention to tier lists because I don't play in a lot of tournaments, just Me vs. 3 (lvl.6) CPUs / insert any of my family members (both are free-for-all).