PDA

View Full Version : Showing your moves

Waspinator
2008-05-21, 11:03 AM
On a completely silly note, if you were going to try to produce D&D 3.5 stats for Captain Falcon, how would you do it?

Solo
2008-05-21, 11:09 AM
On a completely silly note, if you were going to try to produce D&D 3.5 stats for Captain Falcon, how would you do it?

Unarmed Swordsage with Desert Wind (that's the school with the fire effects, right?)

Thrawn183
2008-05-21, 12:32 PM
Goliath Barbarian/Fighter (Dungeoncrasher) with Mountain Rage and Knockback multiclassed into Kensai to make his unarmed strike flaming burst.

I kind of see that Falcon Punch as casting True Strike and then Power Attacking for everything you've got while getting rediculous knockback. Where the True Strike would come from... I have no idea.

Waspinator
2008-05-21, 01:15 PM
Swordsage sounds good. Though, I've never entirely understood exactly which monk-type abilities they're supposed to get. Do you know anywhere where I could find a good explanation?

Frosty
2008-05-21, 01:20 PM
Cap Fal needs to be fast...REAAAAALY fast. Needs Monk, Barbarian, and any other speed boosting class!

Ryuuk
2008-05-21, 02:00 PM
The Unarmed Swordsage grants him most everything he needs. Fiery Assault + Inferno Blade can handle the fire damage, maybe using something Like Emerald Razor or Diamond Nightmare Blade to Power Attack to ones contempt.

To make him fast you have Quick to Act for an initiative boost. If you also want good land speed, use be a Xeph and take Speed of Thought. Between that and the racial Bursts you can get some very nice land speed.

Waspinator
2008-05-21, 11:39 PM
Also, the Wind Stride boost from Desert Wind can give him short speed boosts. I am not the most experienced Tome of Battle-er, but I gave a level 1 Captain Falcon a shot:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=54897

Dr Bwaa
2008-05-22, 12:12 AM
I seem to remember a while back someone (was it you, Solo?) describing a homebrew feat that went something like this (modified slightly because (A) I don't remember it all and (B) I wanted to):

Falcon Punch
Prerequesites: BAB +6, Power Attack
Benefit: Whenever you Power Attack with an unarmed strike, you may use this feat. You take only one attack this round. For each point of BAB that you sacrifice for Power Attack, add an additional 1d6 Fire and 1d6 Sonic Damage (as well as the normal Power Attack Damage). If you are in a zone of Silence, or otherwise unable to shout "Falcon Punch!!", you may not use this feat.

Waspinator
2008-05-22, 12:18 PM
That's pretty funny, but not really needed. As has been said in this thread, Tomb of Battle is perfect for this guy if nothing else because this is a character where the anime-y stuff makes perfect sense. Plus, the level 1 maneuver "Burning Blade" makes your weapon gain a trail of fire, making a decent Falcon Punch right off the bat.

Draz74
2008-05-22, 12:46 PM
As has been said in this thread, Tomb of Battle is perfect for this guy if nothing else because this is a character where the anime-y stuff makes perfect sense.
Are you trying to start yet another debate about whether ToB is only appropriate for anime-friendly settings? :smallmad:

... well, at least it is Desert Wind that you're talking about.

Waspinator
2008-05-22, 12:52 PM
Not really. I am not meaning to claim that Tome of Battle is only good for anime-y stuff, just that if you do want to go an anime-type route that it works for that better than most of the normal D&D stuff. It can do anime, but that doesn't mean that it is always anime. Does that make sense?