PDA

View Full Version : Xykon previous job

Laurentio
2008-05-22, 09:18 AM
Bottom panel (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/gamespyarchive/index.php?date=2003-07-03). Tell me if it's not him...

Laurentio

Ikialev
2008-05-22, 10:07 AM
He don't hae crown, and as faf as i remember, he doesn't have a tomb...

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-22, 11:21 AM
Xykon DOES have a crown, but he wasn't a lich before his current job.

nybbler
2008-05-22, 12:34 PM
One human skeleton looks pretty much like another. Just ask Redcloak.

Laurentio
2008-05-22, 01:45 PM
Ok, i messed with the intended humor. I should had wrote "Xykon previus webcomic's job". I means, it's clear that it's the same actor for both roles!

Laurentio

FujinAkari
2008-05-22, 01:49 PM
The robe is the wrong color, Xykon doesn't wear a scarf, and Nodwick isn't getting paralyzed for touching him.

Nope, different guy.

SlightlyEvil
2008-05-22, 02:43 PM
Ok, i messed with the intended humor. I should had wrote "Xykon previus webcomic's job". I means, it's clear that it's the same actor for both roles!

Oh, when you put it that way, it's obvious.

Nomadic
2008-05-22, 06:19 PM
The robe is the wrong color, Xykon doesn't wear a scarf, and Nodwick isn't getting paralyzed for touching him.

Nope, different guy.

Lich's only paralyze on a touch attack not by just grabbing your ankle. (also the note that it is the tomb of the Arch-Uber-Mega-Lich-Lord Malignix pretty much confirms he is a lich and would have the paralyzing touch ability).

Ok now that I have brought this far enough off topic... I concur that it could indeed be the same actor who did Xykon for the giant. I wonder how the giant enticed him over to his comic (or the other way around based on which comic is older).

someonenonotyou
2008-05-22, 06:51 PM
yeah thats got to be him :smallbiggrin: cause there is not a hunderd lichs out there looking for jobs

Edea
2008-05-22, 07:26 PM
He certainly has the correct sense of humor.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-22, 08:02 PM
Xykon has better taste in clothing.

Atmbn
2008-05-22, 08:05 PM
:xykon: definately xykon :xykon:

Chronos
2008-05-22, 09:44 PM
(also the note that it is the tomb of the Arch-Uber-Mega-Lich-Lord Malignix pretty much confirms he is a lich and would have the paralyzing touch ability).Although Aaron Williams plays a lot looser with the D&D rules than does Rich. Really, Nodwick could just as easily be set in any high-magic fantasy world, game or not. So it's quite possible that in Nodwick, liches don't have a paralyzing touch.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-23, 12:12 AM
Or, as I like to think, the lich is choosing not to use that particular ability. If it did paralyze the poor bastard, he might be unable to hold onto the airship-thingamajig... sending them both falling towards their dooms.

Even a lich doesn't like dying. Regenerating from one's phylactery is a pain.

Laurentio
2008-05-23, 02:17 AM
Ok now that I have brought this far enough off topic... I concur that it could indeed be the same actor who did Xykon for the giant. I wonder how the giant enticed him over to his comic (or the other way around based on which comic is older).
This is the interesting coincidence. That specific strip has been published on 2003 07 03. First OotS strip is dated 2003 09 30. Less that three months. My opinion is that the "Arch-Uber-Mega-Lich-Lord Malignix" has been just a small part (he will never show again in the comic), but allowed the actor to be noticed and recruited as major villain in Rich's comics!
I suppose it's a great opportunity for a skeleton actor!

Laurentio

Nomadic
2008-05-23, 12:30 PM
Well if that is true then I have to say that luck was on his side. I guess it really catapulted him into the limelight.