PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: 2nd edition

SamTheCleric
2008-05-22, 08:17 PM
I need help!

I'm trying to make a character that has a ring that allows him to transform into a humanoid dragon with super strength, invulnerability, immunities... normal "hulk" type.

... How would I go about that? Just make the "super version" and take the Normal Identity drawback?

PhallicWarrior
2008-05-22, 08:46 PM
That's one way; the other way is to take the ring as a Device and give it loads of ranks in the Morph power and the Metamorph power feat. Just set the Trogdor-lookalike as your other form and treat the power point limit of the Morph like Animal Mimicry (5pp/rank, just spread around where you like.) and you're all set.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-22, 08:49 PM
Aha! the metamorph power feat describes -exactly- what I want to do!

thanks!

(this is my first try at M&M... :P)

EDIT: Is there a maximum number of ranks you can put in a power?

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-23, 03:07 AM
There is no maximum rank. Also, you want an Alternate Form if your normal identity lacks any powers. Metamorph is for two different super-powered identities in one.

Grynning
2008-05-23, 03:21 AM
Device with Alternate Form is what you're looking for. Just use it to buy ranks in Protection, Senses, Flight, maybe a cone shaped Blast for fire-breath.

Also note, while their is no technical cap on power ranks, the cap for your power level still applies to any save DC bonus (including damage), Toughness bonus, etc. derived from the powers. So, for example, if you are PL 10, there is no purpose to Blast ranks above 10, since that is the maximum damage bonus (without using the trade off rules).

SamTheCleric
2008-05-23, 05:59 AM
I read alternate form as some kind of elemental form or non-flesh and blood form... I suppose it wouldnt be hard to use the same rules for a big beatstick form.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-23, 06:10 AM
Oooh, my copy of M&M comes today!

... I hope.