PDA

View Full Version : Torches

Enguhl
2008-05-23, 06:45 AM
Two quick questions.
1) I remember seeing torch damage somewhere, but not what the damage was, anyone tell me where it is/what it is?
2) Is there any way to get a permanent torch? A real one, with heat and smoke.

Thanks in advance.

Funkyodor
2008-05-23, 06:48 AM
Yeah, you can get a permenant torch, but +1 flaming clubs are kinda expensive.

Bender
2008-05-23, 06:52 AM
A torch burns for 1 hour, clearly illuminating a 20-foot radius and providing shadowy illumination out to a 40-foot radius. If a torch is used in combat, treat it as a one-handed improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage equal to that of a gauntlet of its size, plus 1 point of fire damage.
so 1d3 bludgeoning +1 fire damage

Yuki Akuma
2008-05-23, 07:00 AM
Yeah, you can get a permenant torch, but +1 flaming clubs are kinda expensive.

8,300 gp isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

And everburning torches are in the Player's Handbook. Sheesh. Although they don't deal fire damage.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-23, 08:10 AM
And everburning torches are in the Player's Handbook. Sheesh. Although they don't deal fire damage.

I think that was the point - "with heat and smoke." Continual flame isn't actually a flame - go figure why it's named that way. It's basically a light spell.

Yuki Akuma
2008-05-23, 08:31 AM
Permanent Produce Flame?

SpikeFightwicky
2008-05-23, 10:10 AM
Two quick questions.
1) I remember seeing torch damage somewhere, but not what the damage was, anyone tell me where it is/what it is?
2) Is there any way to get a permanent torch? A real one, with heat and smoke.

Thanks in advance.

From the Swarm entry in the MM, they list this:

A lit torch swung as an improvised weapon deals 1d3 points of fire damage per hit.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-23, 10:36 AM
From the Swarm entry in the MM, they list this:

That's a special swarm rule, though. Bender already posted the general torch rule.