PDA

View Full Version : Forum game map software

nerulean
2008-05-23, 08:30 AM
I'm looking for something that functions similarly to Maptools or OpenRPG but that can work in a browser so it can be used in conjunction with a forum thread.

Basically, I'd like something that can be accessed like a normal web page - or better still, embedded in an existing web page - that has a background image and moveable tokens on top, whose positions are remembered. I want to be able to log on to a forum in the morning, move the token that represents my character and save my changes, so that when a friend logs on in the afternoon, they see my character's new position and can move accordingly. Ideally, the images of both the backgrounds and tokens should be editable, but it's not an absolute necessity.

So, does such a thing exist, and if so, how could I get hold of it?

valadil
2008-05-23, 08:51 AM
I'm working on something similar. svg.thuranni.net (http://svg.thuranni.net) is a project I keep coming back to. It's an online game table/chat room designed for D&D. It appears in a web browser (only firefox3 is supported right now. Safari and Opera _should_ work and could work if I had more time to spend. I'm sticking with ff3 because all major operating systems can run it) It was designed to be real time rather than a one a day thing, but I haven't actually gotten around to storing the state of the game between sessions (or even between messages).

I'll take your non real time use case into consideration when I get back to work on it.

nerulean
2008-05-24, 02:44 AM
That's a pretty sweet little doohickey.

I was considering trying to code something myself, but the closest I could manage was what was effectively a Flash dress-up-the-doll game with orcs instead of little fluorescent pink bikinis.