PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfiel Game Rumour... I'm not the only one interested right?

Jibar
2008-05-23, 02:55 PM
So the owner of www.cloverfieldgame.com claims Paramount bought the domain name from him ready for their own game.
Please, please, please say I'm not the only one who thinks this is a brilliant idea?
Think about it. Map out Manhatten, apply Havok, Euphoria and DMM, and have Clover randomly wander the island and you have yourself Sandbox Survival Horror.
You'd play as a custom character and your whole goal would be Escape, in any way you can.
Like the movie, the real sustenance would come through interaction. As such, you'd have yourself a group of NPC companions who'll accompany you and much of the game will be based around the relationships that form there.
Or, you take it online, and suddenly you've got yourself real people all arguing and shoving and trying desperately to survive a giant monster attack.

It's all ideas, of course, but I'd say that has potential. Provided it does not get turend into another Lost game.
Come on, somebody else care...

Reptilius
2008-05-23, 03:39 PM
Your open-world idea would be great. But trust a movie game to not live up to the expectations created by the movie. The only movie game I remember enjoying was one of the Lord of the Rings games (Return of the King, maybe).

But yes, open-world survival horror=brilliant. But it probably won't be.