PDA

View Full Version : Breakup

Trog
2008-05-23, 08:21 PM
Thes and I have officially broken up. I told her it was over. :smallannoyed:

Unfortunately we are still living together. But that will change very soon.

Yes this is real and final.

Kyrian
2008-05-23, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Trog.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-23, 08:25 PM
...what?

...what...happened?

*snuggles* :smallfrown:

...I'm sorry...

Ego Slayer
2008-05-23, 08:27 PM
=/
Hugs and sympathy to the both of you. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. :smallfrown:

SMEE
2008-05-23, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you two.

My best wishes for you and Thes, May you two find happiness and peace soon.

North
2008-05-23, 08:29 PM
Wow. I thought this was a joke or some elaborate prank at first. Then I clicked the linky. :smalleek:

wxdruid
2008-05-23, 08:34 PM
A *hug* for Trog and a *hug* for Thes

FdL
2008-05-23, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear, Trog... :( I hope you can be alright soon

*big hug*

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-23, 08:59 PM
Aw, Trog, my sympathies and hugs and best wishes go to both of you.

Alarra
2008-05-23, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry Trog. I'm sure this is for the best though. *hugs*

Haruki-kun
2008-05-23, 11:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Trog. :smallfrown:

I hope everything turns out alright for you.

Raiser Blade
2008-05-23, 11:16 PM
Wow... I can honestly say that I didn't see this coming.

Well best of luck to you and Thes. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Zakama
2008-05-23, 11:22 PM
Aw what the wuffaroo... :smallfrown:

Serpentine
2008-05-23, 11:27 PM
...Huh. I was wondering... Is Thes still around?
Hope you guys each have more happiness apart than you did at your best together.

Skippy
2008-05-23, 11:59 PM
*Hugs* for the both of you. Breaking up is always a hard thing to do. I hope you both the best of lucks, each on their own.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-05-24, 12:47 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/jacksparrow1d.gif

*Captain Jack stops pilfering Trogs tavern*

Sorry to hear that my good friend:smallfrown:

*at a lack of puns or sleazy CJS comments*

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Deathintavern.gif

*A deathly embrace will have to do*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-24, 12:58 AM
WHAT!?

Aww'd man, big down!

*gives cookies of sorrow*

banjo1985
2008-05-24, 03:57 AM
Aw, well I just hope the both of you can be happy apart and carry on with your lives.

*hugs to both*

bosssmiley
2008-05-24, 05:27 AM
Oh heck. Sorry for both of you Trog & Thes.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-24, 05:46 AM
No! *hugs* I hope it all goes OK, though, in the long run, for both of you.

Copacetic
2008-05-24, 09:30 AM
Boo. That is a sucky thing. I am sorry.

ZombieRockStar
2008-05-24, 09:51 AM
* hugs *

I think the hardest part about being in any sort of love is he fact that you're aware that one day it'll end...and you just have to push that awareness to the back of your mind and say that it doesn't matter. But then one day it does end...and maybe it felt like it came out of nowhere or maybe it felt inevitable...I don't know. I have no clue how this feels for either of you. I'm just so sorry. :smallfrown:

Castaras
2008-05-24, 09:57 AM
Aww. :smallfrown:

*HUGS for both of you* Sad that it didn't work out for you. Best wishes to both of you for recovery...

Jibar
2008-05-24, 10:02 AM
*pats Trog's back*

Don't worry mate. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that jazz. I wouldn't know, I'm not a fish. Trogolodytes are aquatic though, aren't they? Maybe you could find out. With a net.

Consolations and all to the both of you.

Hoggy
2008-05-24, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear it.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-05-24, 11:28 AM
:smallfrown:

At 1:45 PM, according to the time stamp, I sent Trog a PM with what I thought was advice to prevent this.

At 8:21 PM, Trog posted this thread.

And this, people, is why I don't go near the Relationships Woes & Advice thread. :smalleek:

My sincere condolences to you both. While there is the claim that this is final, I will maintain a sliver of hope that you can work things out.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-05-24, 11:42 AM
Sorry for your loss, man. Hope ya feel better.

EmeraldRose
2008-05-24, 11:44 AM
When I first saw this, I was thinking maybe it was another joke like that April Fool's prank you did. But I read thru your blog, and I guess it isn't...

*sigh*

If either of you need to talk, I think you still have our numbers.

*hugs Trog and Thes*

Zeb The Troll
2008-05-24, 12:27 PM
*Hands Trog a beer*

It's a tough deal that one. I don't envy you. Like everyone else, I'm sorry that it didn't work out, but I know that you wouldn't have come to this decision without being sure it was the right one.

*Hugs Thes*

There were no details given (other than the blog), but I'm going on the belief here that this was a "I'm sorry, this just isn't working out" thing and not a "somebody messed up" thing and that the decision may have been somewhat mutual.

I hope with everything that you guys can still be friends because I love you both and I don't want there to be any awkwardness when we all still party together at GenCon. :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:

May you both find all the happiness you can handle, and when you do, it'll only be half of what you each deserve.

*kisses Trog on the cheek and chest bumps Thes*

Wait, got that backwards, didn't I? :smalleek:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-24, 12:36 PM
With whole my body, heart and mind I second Zeb's post.

Except about the Gencon thing this year. BUT I'L BE THERE NEXT YEAR! I PROMISES TO TAKE DUTCH COOKIES WITH ME!

[QUOTE=Jibar;4364033]Trogolodytes are aquatic though, aren't they?
/QUOTE]

Troglodites aren't aquatic in my mind, that would make them to clean.
Though in DnD, they are.

Charity
2008-05-24, 12:42 PM
Aw I'm no good at these things..
I'm sorry for the pair of you

Things end,
stay friends

we luvs ya both

Ranna
2008-05-24, 07:14 PM
If I could, I would take both of your pain for you, but I cannot and so I shall only say I hope you both stay friends the best you can I don't know you both very well but even so breakups are not good times, good luck the both of you.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-24, 07:25 PM
Trog, I'm really sorry to hear that :frown:

You guys seemed really cute together... Hopefully it all works out for both of you.

Trog
2008-05-24, 08:16 PM
Uh...

um...

er...

There should really be a three day waiting period for break up threads. :smallredface:

Um... it was a sort of mutual thing as one person asked. But upon taking Bor's advice actually (thanks for the PM man) I made sure to talk things over and try to understand more of what we were both trying to feel. We both had some problems with one another but ultimately we both still love one another. We talked things over and both decided to give it one more try and be understanding of one another. In our hearts it's what felt right, deep down.

I feel like a complete ass, naturally, for posting this thread. Though those that have been here a while know that it isn't the first one. It will, however be the last.

You may proceed to lynch me now. :smalleek:

Lykan
2008-05-24, 08:19 PM
*sets off roman candles*

Huzzah for turn of events!

ZombieRockStar
2008-05-24, 08:25 PM
*duct tapes Trog and Thes together*

AND STAY THAT WAY!!:smallwink:

Mr. Moon
2008-05-24, 08:42 PM
*reads thread*
*sighs*
Love. Icky stuff. Hope it never touches me - look at this mess.
I'll admit - when I saw this thread, my first thought was "What, again?" I'm not proud, my mind tends to be more cynical then I am. However, I'm glad you guys are giving it a second chance.

Oh, by the way... I haven't seen Thess for a while. Is everything okay with her, Trog? :smallconfused:

Charity
2008-05-24, 08:50 PM
Trog you have asked for this

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6257/dramatx7.jpg

Get him in a headlock and ruffle him up for us plz Thes

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-05-24, 08:57 PM
*blows cigar fumes*

Ah, statis quo. How we missed you. Nicely done all around. Both literally and sarcastically, in different, hopefully obvious spots. (read: sarcastic 'Nicely done' for too-soon posting of the thread, literal 'Nicely done' for patching everything up)

Ranna
2008-05-24, 09:55 PM
I point at thog!

I am glad you patched it up hope you get stronger from this and learn from whatever it is that occured to make you break up in the first place!!

evisiron
2008-05-24, 10:06 PM
*Was about to write a "sorry/unlucky" post but instead you get a merry laugh at the fortunate events that turned the original post to falsehood. :smallsmile:*

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-05-24, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear that you and Thes are going to give it yet another try. I hope things work out for you two. You have my hugs and prayers. :smallsmile:

Skippy
2008-05-24, 10:22 PM
Will you please stop doing this? It's the second time I have to post in a thread regarding an unpleasant theme, and both times it has been false alarm. I'm happy for you, and I hope you'll stay like that now. Honestly. Don't go saddening me again like that.

wxdruid
2008-05-24, 10:52 PM
No, no lynching, just another *hug* for each of you.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-05-25, 01:13 AM
I feel like a deity. I saved a constant in the universe. Not every mortal can pull that off, y'know. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-05-25, 01:18 AM
And now I will never find out if there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Oh well, it's probably for the best.

Exachix
2008-05-25, 01:22 AM
Yay!

Should we change the thread name? ;P.

So;

Sorry to hear it.

And Yay! Glad to hear it!

And well done Bor.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-25, 03:28 AM
You should start a new thread. Or people are just going to skip the end and say how sorry they are. But good for you and Thes. :smallsmile:

*huggles both*

faerwain
2008-05-25, 04:33 AM
Will you please stop doing this?
Seconded.
That was the third time if we count the tasteless April Fool's joke.
Don't make me come over and bullrush you with my wheelchair, I can afford the flight meanwhile, you know?

Still, big congratulations. I tiptoed around this thread not really knowing what to say and I'm happy that I can simply yell at you now and everything's okay again. We want our Hunters and Troglodytes sarcastic but happy around here.

I feel like a deity. I saved a constant in the universe. Not every mortal can pull that off, y'know. :smalltongue:
Where can I enlist for worshipping?
(I take it that your church will prohibite celibacy, right?:smallwink:)

Felixaar
2008-05-25, 05:05 AM
Im so confused, but my gravest condolences on your once again death of Bachelorhood.

Castaras
2008-05-25, 06:09 AM
Yay!

Drinks and pie and cake all round!

*dishes out the tastiness*

Now Trog. Don't sadden me like that again. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-25, 06:34 AM
Yay, back to togheter!

And DONīT do it again Trog, or else Iīl be forced to make you take a bath.
And other stuff, and no cookies.

And Trog, whereīs Thess? I havenīt seen her for some time now..

EmeraldRose
2008-05-25, 09:11 AM
(I take it that your church will prohibite celibacy, right?:smallwink:)

I seem to recall a Temple of Bor in Town quite some time ago. Could it be time to cast Ressurect on the Temple? :smallwink:

As for the actual theme of the thread... *points at Trog* Stop it. Give yourself a few days the next time before you make it final.

*hugs again*

Copacetic
2008-05-25, 10:18 AM
With a slight edting of the title, this thread could stay. Instead of Break-up, it would be Glad there wasn't a break-up(Again). In all seriousness, good for you.

Trog
2008-05-25, 10:42 AM
*Morning comes and Trog, having been successfully chosen to be lynched by the members of the boards, is to be hung by the neck until dead. May Bor have mercy on his soul. Puffing on his Coffin Nail that surely couldn't effect his health at this point, he steps up resignedly to the gallows. The hangman slips the noose around Trog's neck. He turns to the hooded man.*

You know Trog loved your game when Trog was young. Not so much now.

*He takes one last drag off of his cigarette and says his final words*

Well it's times like this that usually the hero's friends would spring into action and save him from certain death. :smallsmile:

... :smallamused:

... :smallconfused:

... Damn it. :smallannoyed:

*The hangman pulls the lever and Trogdrops and swings for a second before the rope snaps and he falls with a THUD to the dusty ground.*

Trog was the Fool.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-25, 10:44 AM
(Trog : That made me LOL in RL)

Kyrian
2008-05-25, 10:45 AM
Now to just get Trog to answer his PMs...:smalltongue:

Solo
2008-05-25, 10:49 AM
*Casts animate dead*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-05-25, 02:19 PM
(I take it that your church will prohibit celibacy, right?:smallwink:)
Not only will it be prohibitted, but I will be promoting virgin...ummm..."sacrifices." :smalltongue:

*Morning comes and Trog, having been successfully chosen to be lynched by the members of the boards, is to be hung by the neck until dead. May Bor have mercy on his soul. Puffing on his Coffin Nail that surely couldn't effect his health at this point, he steps up resignedly to the gallows. The hangman slips the noose around Trog's neck. He turns to the hooded man.*

You know Trog loved your game when Trog was young. Not so much now.

*He takes one last drag off of his cigarette and says his final words*

Well it's times like this that usually the hero's friends would spring into action and save him from certain death. :smallsmile:

... :smallamused:

... :smallconfused:

... Damn it. :smallannoyed:

*The hangman pulls the lever and Trogdrops and swings for a second before the rope snaps and he falls with a THUD to the dusty ground.*

Trog was the Fool.
In today's adventure, Trog learns a valuable lesson when it comes to relationships. The lesson: as the man, you are wrong. You can use pie charts, graphs, and reams of paper proving your point mathematically. It doesn't matter. You are wrong.

But I'm here to help, as always. Now repeat after me in your most dejected, subserviant tone: "Yes, dear."

Well, my work is done here.

Zar Peter
2008-05-25, 03:01 PM
Thank you, Bor.

I thought I was the only one who knows this ultimate secret of a peaceful relationship. :smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2008-05-25, 03:37 PM
I'm very glad to hear that things are still 'patchable'. Keep the good times in mind more than the bad. They'll be there too, but they are far less important to the love and relationship...

except for the make-up sex. :smallamused:

Charity
2008-05-25, 04:35 PM
Somehow i can't help see Trog loving that mascara...

smellie_hippie
2008-05-25, 04:39 PM
Somehow i can't help see Trog loving that mascara...

Charity... there is something wonderfully-not-right with you! :tongue:

Charity
2008-05-25, 04:45 PM
You started it :smalltongue:

but I fear you may be right...
:smallamused:

smellie_hippie
2008-05-25, 04:54 PM
I think I may need to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight and substitue Tim Curry with a friendly Trog... :smallamused:

*imagines dozens of forumites reaching for brain-bleach*

I think we definately need to change the name of the thread now... :smallamused:

Saithis Bladewing
2008-05-25, 08:10 PM
Trog you have asked for this

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6257/dramatx7.jpg

Get him in a headlock and ruffle him up for us plz Thes

QFT... :smallconfused:

Thes Hunter
2008-05-26, 02:26 PM
In today's adventure, Trog learns a valuable lesson when it comes to relationships. The lesson: as the man, you are wrong. You can use pie charts, graphs, and reams of paper proving your point mathematically. It doesn't matter. You are wrong.

No, in this, I was the one who had to apologize. Luckly, in this, Trog was able to forgive me.

Kyrian
2008-05-26, 02:35 PM
I'm really glad to hear that you two worked things out.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-05-26, 08:52 PM
No, in this, I was the one who had to apologize. Luckly, in this, Trog was able to forgive me.

My spies within "the Sisterhood" tell me that you are on probation for confessing this, and that you will be off said probabtion when you admit that Trog was wrong. :smalltongue:

Trog
2008-05-26, 11:47 PM
My spies within "the Sisterhood" tell me that you are on probation for confessing this, and that you will be off said probabtion when you admit that Trog was wrong. :smalltongue:

Is that the same sisterhood that doesn't get any dates? :smallannoyed:

Brickwall
2008-05-26, 11:53 PM
Ah, jokes about gender roles in relationships. Will they ever get old?

Yeah, they will, but we still love 'em.

Glad to see Bor saved the world. I would have helped but, you know, school and all. :smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2008-05-27, 02:40 PM
Would you two stop scaring me like that? It hurts when your stomach and heart drop to the floor. Just realize you are right for each other, and... yeah.

But really, I am so glad that it seems that things could be on an up swing. I desperately hope that they stay that way.

I'm glad things could be patched and worked out. I really do hope you to stick together for the really long run.

P.s. I guess this goes to show that you should write that pm that you are thinking of sending... it could make a difference. Woot for Bor! (And reconciliation.)

Supagoof
2008-05-27, 03:50 PM
Excellent.

I'm glad I don't have to spend the money to come out there and kick yer arses.

Gas is expensive y'know. And WI is definitely spoooky.

EmeraldRose
2008-05-27, 07:14 PM
I agree with Goof. While a visit would be fun (and some kicking may have become necessary) it'd cost a fortune to drive over and do it. :smallwink:

Uncle Festy
2008-05-27, 07:47 PM
Yay! It worked!
*does a little dance*
I was going to make a post about not lynching Trog because he was clearly one of the Lovers, but Trog's day-end post beat me to it. :smalltongue:
Yay! More yay!

The Valiant Turtle
2008-05-27, 09:48 PM

You know it hurts when my jaw drops so fast it hits the floor like that. I'm lucky I didn't break it, but I think I dislodged a tooth!

Keep her Trog! Grab on and don't let go!

Glad to see you're giving it another shot. Of course, with the Mighty Bor and the Wise Hippie both lending their support, I shouldn't expect otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that by the laws of the playground you are now required to come to the meetup and celebrate with friends and Hippie Brew!

Mountain_Faerie
2008-05-27, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that by the laws of the playground you are now required to come to the meetup and celebrate with friends and Hippie Brew!

The Hippie Brew is bubbling away in the stairwell, just waiting for you to come down and drink it. (I'm glad you guys patched things up. And seriously, we'd love to see you at the meet-up!)

Trog
2008-06-16, 07:21 AM
Yeah...

Well...

I take it all back. :smallsigh: It's over for good, apparently. Thes has decided she is not happy and is looking for another place. And given her reasons I feel it is best if she does just that. :smallfrown:

Neither of us are looking to reconcile, anymore. But we both are a bit sad.

Anyways. Not crying wolf this time. Relationships, like vending machines, have to wobble a lot before they tip over it seems. Sorry for all the wobble alerts. This time it really did fall though.

I know I said I wouldn't post this again but I like all of you and just thought you would like to be in the know and all that. Plus the thread was still open. *shrug*

Tom_Violence
2008-06-16, 07:31 AM
Que sera, sera.

I don't really know either of you, but sorry to hear it didn't work out all the same. 'Tis always a shame when once-good couples fall apart, but I dare say its an important decision to come to, and at least you seem to be being decent about it.

Best of luck in future endeavours.

banjo1985
2008-06-16, 07:34 AM
Sorry to hear that Trog, my best wishes to both of you. :smallsmile:

Castaras
2008-06-16, 07:48 AM
:smallfrown: Aww...

Hope you two are okay. G'luck to Thes to finding a new place...G'luck to you both with continuing with your lives...

smellie_hippie
2008-06-16, 07:49 AM
This makes me sad. :smallfrown:

I'm sorry to hear that things did not work out, but you all can't say that the effort wasn't there. You did your best to work through. I hope everything works out well, and the crash space is still available should you journey soutrh away from the flood.

PM me if either of you need/want to talk.

Exachix
2008-06-16, 07:58 AM
Goodluck again to you both.

phoenixineohp
2008-06-17, 08:00 AM
****. )**** **** ****. *Hugs*

Skippy
2008-06-17, 08:19 AM
I can only but agree with Phoenixbackwards. Good luck again to both of you.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-17, 09:10 PM
You wacky, tacky Troglodyte

Break out the Booze! Lets celebrate!

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-17, 09:30 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. :smallfrown: It's always sad when longtime relationships don't work out.

Jibar
2008-06-18, 03:03 AM
****. )**** **** ****. *Hugs*

Yeah. That was pretty much my reaction.
Trog, you silly will nilly old beaTroglodyte.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-20, 04:32 PM
Darnit! Not again!
…
I'm sorry to hear that, Trog. :smallsigh: