PDA

View Full Version : Animal, Mineral, or Vegetable

slexlollar89
2008-05-23, 10:51 PM
Hello.

I wanted to ask people about an idea I had for a character. I want to play an anthropormorphic mineral warrior monkey with monk levels.

Firstly, is the mineral warrior overpowered? DR 8/adamant is rather good, but a loss to all three casting scores could balance it maybe. Either way I have the go ahead to play it.

Secondly, the burrow speed is said to be 1/2 the creatures land speed, and the monk grants fast movement, so does my burrow speed increase as well?

Thanks in advance.

FlyMolo
2008-05-23, 10:53 PM
The LA on that is a beast.

And no and yes, respectively.

tyckspoon
2008-05-23, 10:56 PM
Yes, Mineral Warrior is widely agreed to be somewhere between overpowered and broken for melee characters. (Incidentally, many of the anthropomorphic animals are too, although I haven't often heard people talk about the monkey in that respect.) The burrow speed should include the monk's bonus, I think, because it refers to land speed and not specifically the base speed.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-23, 10:57 PM
First, Mineral Warrior is one of the 2 most OP templates in the game. However, monk levels balance it. Also, the Monk speed boost applies to all of your movement modes, so it gives you a burrow speed of 1/2 your land speed+your monk bonus. (Burrow=[1/2 land]+monk)