PDA

View Full Version : Next game : d20 Matrix

Pink_Paladin
2008-05-24, 07:42 AM
Im currently planning to do a Matrix Campaign. I like the idea of doing it in the 7th Matrix. But I don't know what I could do. My players don't like Matrix. Some do...so Ill do this game even if I only got 2 players.

Because I want to do this game high roleplay oriented, I want to create my own system. Mix of D20 Modern and StarWars SAGA.

So I wanted to know, if you had to start a Matrix Campaign, what would be the first game session looks like?

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-24, 04:31 PM
I highly recommend that you search for Steve Darlington's 'There is no Spoon' Matrix RPG. Very freeform, rules lite, and importantly,cinematic, which the Matrix should be.

Zeta Kai
2008-05-24, 08:34 PM
One of my possible future projects is a Matrix D20. Red Pills, Agents, all that. I've sketched out the very basics of what I would need, but I've done very little besides that. If you beat me to the punch, you might save me a few hair-pulling weeks of mind-bending game design.

Hawriel
2008-05-24, 10:13 PM
play shadowrun 3rd ed. there is alot of content. Good solid rule set. Heavily geared toward rollplaying. The matrix can be a handful so you might want to experiment with that then learn how to streemline it. Oh and books are not that expencive on amazon. 30$ + for a wotc hardcover vs 9-20$ for a good used soft cover for shadowrun.

Pink_Paladin
2008-05-25, 07:14 AM
One of my possible future projects is a Matrix D20. Red Pills, Agents, all that. I've sketched out the very basics of what I would need, but I've done very little besides that. If you beat me to the punch, you might save me a few hair-pulling weeks of mind-bending game design.

What about working together? What have you done yet?

I know LOT on the Matrix universe and I got some experience in creating new content. So just tell me what you made so far. Maybe we could exchange rules and content.

And about Shadowrun...Ill see if I can find a book.

Edit : Oh..by the way Zeta, I found this LONG time ago : http://dansego.com/matrix/Downloads.html

Dont try to navigate in the rest of the web site, it crashes. But download the PDF and look. Ill try to convert this system to d20.