PDA

View Full Version : Banjulhu

Emanick
2008-05-24, 12:58 PM
Has anyone realized that Banjo is evil?
Just think about it...
1) At the trial, he refused to testify for Elan and the others to save their lives, even with the threat of being repeatedly whacked with a blunt object hanging over his cloth head.
2) When Nale took Elan's place, Banjo refused to either smite the former or sound the alarm with one of the inherent divine spells in him. (Sorry, I don't have Deities and Demigods in front of me, so I forget how that works, exactly.) It isn't even an excuse that he only had one worshipper, because now that Lord Odin is a follower of Banjo, he can definitely get some decent smiting in.
3) Now that Banjo has finally arrived at a theatric enough locale for the natives to willingly accede to his commands, he has promptly inspired them to bend to his will and attack the protagonists - three times, so far. His silence led to a temporary reprieve for the characters, true - but anyway, in Banjo's profolio, Theatrics comes first, and Slaughter of Innocents, or whatever his precise will is on that subject, comes second.

Obviously, then, Banjo has risen to become Banjulhu much earlier than expected; instead of waiting centuries to rise again, Banjo has so convienently seized the main time setting of the comic to appear in.
It looks like there will be two more dead PCs shortly, and then who will be left to curb the rising tide of sinister theatrics threatening the universe from its unhallowed island?
Let's hope Vaarsuvius comes to her/his senses soon. :smalleek:

Morgan Wick
2008-05-24, 01:07 PM
2) When Nale took Elan's place, Banjo refused to either smite the former or sound the alarm with one of the inherent divine spells in him. (Sorry, I don't have Deities and Demigods in front of me, so I forget how that works, exactly.) It isn't even an excuse that he only had one worshipper, because now that Lord Odin is a follower of Banjo, he can definitely get some decent smiting in.

Odin said, "Aww, but I like puppets." I'm pretty sure a god doesn't follow other gods, certainly outside their own pantheon.

Emanick
2008-05-25, 10:33 AM
Odin said, "Aww, but I like puppets." I'm pretty sure a god doesn't follow other gods, certainly outside their own pantheon.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is based entirely off (hopefully) fallacious evidence. :P
Granted, that's the weakest idea of the three. But even so, the support of the ruler of a pantheon has to count for something. :smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2008-05-25, 07:55 PM
Banjo won't be a threat, he has a AC of 1.

Rincewind
2008-05-26, 06:05 AM
Banjo is not evil, Banjo is a puppet that Elan made as a joke, a joke that's lost probably only to him and some soon to be dead orcs.

sikyon
2008-05-26, 07:05 AM
Banjo is not evil, Banjo is a puppet that Elan made as a joke, a joke that's lost probably only to him and some soon to be dead orcs.

How dare you. I hope that Banjo has smitten you. If not, then you shall surely be cursed to be the last to die by the hand of Banjulhu!

Lupy
2008-05-30, 08:48 PM
YOU DARE INSULT THE NAME OF BANJO???

Knoweth thou not the Internetia pantheon?
TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR, most holy God of Flames
Wiki-Pedia, God of Knowledge and misinformation
David Argall, God of winning Forum debates...
And BANJO God of Puppets!

YOU INSULT TROGDOR'S BROTHER?
BURNiNATE!**Functions as "Smite" cast by a level 27 Cleric

Anyway, Banjo is partially controlled by whoever wears him.

Arcadius798
2008-05-30, 10:58 PM
in some ways, banjo has shown to be more of a lawful neutral, passing judgement to those Elan is in contact to

Lycan 01
2008-05-30, 11:53 PM
I dunno... I guess he could be evil. But he seems so smiley, and happy... And aren't bards usually good? I mean, have you ever seen an evil bard anywhere? Banjo is a bard puppet, hence the banjo in his hands. Ergo, it'd make sense for him to be at least relatively good...

Btw, I need to make a Banjulhu Elder God card for Arkham Horror... :smallamused:

krossbow
2008-05-30, 11:54 PM
Banjo is actually an ancient demonic being channeling his will through the weak minded and Easily bent Elan, ushering in a day when an army of weak minded ignorant fools/orcs will march under his banner, at which point he will reveal himself and smite the world.