PDA

View Full Version : :elan:'s nudity

Nathan W
2008-05-24, 03:30 PM
The last time :elan: was naked http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0026.html there was censorship. If that hapens agan in vew of therkla, what will therkla see?

Duke
2008-05-24, 03:37 PM
The last time :elan: was naked http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0026.html there was censorship. If that hapens agan in vew of therkla, what will therkla see?

Firstly, I'm absolutely sure he's been naked since then, he just didn't dignify the strip through showing it. Secondly, she'd see what everyone else saw then- the real thing. We won't, though. Kiddies play this game, too, y'know.

Kato
2008-05-24, 03:51 PM
Just for your interest. He was naked back then (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0302.html). Also, I think - if it happens - Therkla will see, what Haley sees... a strange bunch of pixels. Worth 18 CHA. Hehe... I think she will be quite shocked ^^

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-24, 03:52 PM
If that hapens agan in vew of therkla, what will therkla see?
18 charisma in full its glory.

Firstly, I'm absolutely sure he's been naked since then, he just didn't dignify the strip through showing it.
In 302 he did. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0302.html)

And the audience did not mind :smallamused:

EDIT: Ninja'd :smallsigh:

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-24, 10:21 PM
She'll see his "weapon of choice", we'll see pixels.

Lady Tialait
2008-05-24, 10:46 PM
I have to agree, she would see....18 inc....Charisma.....yeah...um...*innocence*

Kato
2008-05-25, 02:31 AM
Everybody blames the boys to think about nothing but sex... and now the girls start talking about 18 inch penises... Gimme a mom... 18inch... these are about... 54cm! OMFG, I'm sure not even Therkla'd want this -.-'' *shudder*

Johnny Blade
2008-05-25, 09:50 AM
Everybody blames the boys to think about nothing but sex... and now the girls start talking about 18 inch penises... Gimme a mom... 18inch... these are about... 54cm! OMFG, I'm sure not even Therkla'd want this -.-'' *shudder*
45cm. :smallwink: Still, that's more than enough. Actually, if you also consider the probable thickness of the member in question, I guess that would hurt.

Admittedly, I'm no expert, and there are half-ogres, after all, but still...

Ikialev
2008-05-25, 09:52 AM
Sims 2, anybody.? They were also censored when naked, but when you cheat off censorship... There is nothing. 0o

Admittedly, I'm no expert, and there are half-ogres, after all, but still...
And half-dragons, heh-heh.
And owlbears, when you can only hope that owl was a dad.
And 'natural' fire genasi. =D

Echowinds
2008-05-25, 09:56 AM
1 charisma = 1 inch? Then wouldn't nearly every male in the world has a below-par charisma? :smalltongue:

Taking 5 inches (I think that's the average anyways) is 10 charisma, it means that 1 inch = 2 charisma. Thus, Elan's weapon of choice would be 9 inches, which makes more sense.

:smalltongue:

Johnny Blade
2008-05-25, 10:01 AM
Taking 5 inches (I think that's the average anyways) is 10 charisma, it means that 1 inch = 2 charisma. Thus, Elan's weapon of choice would be 9 inches, which makes more sense.

:smalltongue:
Assuming that size matters, this would explain Therkla's background. :smallbiggrin:

Kato
2008-05-25, 10:08 AM
Hm... it would make him... inches... which are about... 24(?) cm (sorry, German, I don't really get along with inches :smalltongue:)
Oh, no... I do NOT want to know how long a half-dragon's penis is... btw, I lately saw on tv something about a duck, which's... genital's about as long at the duck itself. (40cm)
Anyway, could we stop talking about penises? ^^''' And I hope we didn't start a trend for girls discussing guys CHA scores......

Woof
2008-05-25, 10:09 AM
It still beats me how someone wih about as much common sense as a loaf of bread can be considered attractive by anyone, stick figure or forum poster ;)

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-25, 10:11 AM
'Cause Elan's dashing!

bahamut920
2008-05-25, 12:39 PM
Because Charisma is much more important than Wisdom in how people perceive you, and we already know Elan has an 18. Case in point: there are seven interaction skills (Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Gather Information, Intimidate, Perform, Sense Motive, and Speak Language). Only one is Wisdom-based (Sense Motive), one has no key ability (Speak Language; which is "unofficially" Int-based), and all the rest are Charisma-based.

WarriorTribble
2008-05-25, 12:43 PM
1 charisma = 1 inch? Then wouldn't nearly every male in the world has a below-par charisma? :smalltongue:

:smalltongue:Wouldn't this only work if everyone on the OOTS universe was secretly bisexual? :smallbiggrin:

Lissou
2008-05-25, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't this only work if everyone on the OOTS universe was secretly bisexual? :smallbiggrin:

Although, what would it translate to for women?
But honestly, all women that if size does matter to some extend, it's more in the "please don't be big enough to hurt me like hell" way, not the opposite one.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure people who see Elan naked don't see him censored. But there is no way we'd see anything but the censored thing in the comic.

bahamut920
2008-05-25, 01:10 PM
I dunno. Maybe there's some Charisma = Cup size equation... We should figure it out... :smalltongue:

Chronos
2008-05-25, 01:16 PM
Although, what would it translate to for women?I have heard second-hand of all-male gamer groups who have developed formulae relating a woman's Charisma score to the size of her breasts. Which is of course absurd (how would one explain Keira Knightly's popularity if that were the case?), but probably no more absurd than attempting to correlate a male's Charisma with his degree of endowment.

For that matter, it should be noted once again that Charisma is not purely the same thing as physical attractiveness at all. They often correlate, as appears to be the case for Elan, but then again, nobody ever said that Winston Churchill was a hottie, and I'm sure he had 18 Cha, too.

Mordokai
2008-05-25, 01:29 PM
And I hope we didn't start a trend for girls discussing guys CHA scores......

Never say that! It's like saying, oh, I hope nothing bad happens to me today. And bam, 18 wheeler runs you over, pushes you of the bridge and into the river full of piranhas! :smalltongue:

I think you get the point.

And yes, women charisma is supposedly tied to their... endowment in the upper regions. And Chronos, your Keira Knightley remark just made me lost a perfecty good tea. You owe me a tea and a new keyboard! :smalltongue:

Kato
2008-05-25, 01:39 PM
Sorry, my bad ^^'

Yes, girls probably have enlarged cup-size, though it's not the only thing CHA determines... a girl can be lovely without big breasts and can be not lovely with huge breasts. So.... hey, won't we start giving Cha scores to some people? ^^
(oh man, I'm such a bastard...)

Mordokai
2008-05-25, 02:06 PM
Oh, I can envision the future talks between a girl and a guy:

"Honey, it is my observation that your charisma isn't high enought. I hear that plastic surgeon down the road does wonders."

"You know what, from what I've seen last night, you could also do with some charisma enlargement... er, that is, increase."

Geekines away :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Kato
2008-05-25, 02:27 PM
... Somehow the end of 'Hey dude, where's my car?' (it it the original title?) comes to my mind...
When the necklaces enlarged the girls breasts... does this mean they gave them a massive CHA boost?

Chronos
2008-05-25, 02:42 PM
So.... hey, won't we start giving Cha scores to some people? ^^If by that you mean, decide on values for Charisma scores for various people known to all of the Playgrounders, it won't work. Any such person must necessarily have a very high Charisma, or most folks wouldn't have heard of them. Sports stars might be an exception, I suppose, but politicians, actors, singers, comedians, etc. all got where they are due in large part to their charisma.

Johnny Blade
2008-05-25, 03:02 PM
... Somehow the end of 'Hey dude, where's my car?' (it it the original title?) comes to my mind...
When the necklaces enlarged the girls breasts... does this mean they gave them a massive CHA boost?
Heh, I wonder what this would lead to in an actual D&D world...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii136/JohnnyBladeJN/drdong.png

...and everybody's into cosplay.

Spiryt
2008-05-25, 03:15 PM
Heh, I wonder what this would lead to in an actual D&D world...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii136/JohnnyBladeJN/drdong.png

...and everybody's into cosplay.

That must be this spam in crystal balls... (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2002-08-27)

Bet that Dominic tried it.

Zorn
2008-05-25, 03:40 PM
For that matter, it should be noted once again that Charisma is not purely the same thing as physical attractiveness at all. They often correlate, as appears to be the case for Elan, but then again, nobody ever said that Winston Churchill was a hottie, and I'm sure he had 18 Cha, too.

Agreed. Being good looking certainly doesn't automatically make you charming.

I think that charisma should apply to appearance only with the character's initial stats. Otherwise we'd be having events very similar to what happened to Pinocchio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDw3e64xMks) going on much more frequently.

Really gives a new meaning to the phrase "I'm a real boy" doesn't it? :smalleek:

Johnny Blade
2008-05-25, 03:56 PM
That must be this spam in crystal balls... (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2002-08-27)

Bet that Dominic tried it.
I bet its scarves over there in Dominion. :smallamused:

Paladin29
2008-05-25, 04:49 PM
I think if size depends of something, itīll be CON not CHA.

the HZ
2008-05-25, 05:52 PM
If it's CON based, that would mean that dwarves are more well equipped than humans.

Paladin29
2008-05-25, 06:11 PM
I am only saying that it makes more sense that the instrument size depends of CON than CHA. Itīs not a body part that is visible usually, so itīs not a interaction object (except in sexual engagements.. and in that events itīs better a skilled hand or mouth than the size of....)

P.S. I hope that there is not children reading this thread....

Mordokai
2008-05-25, 06:12 PM

I'm guessing CON would be more important at... performing.

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-25, 06:34 PM

You people...

er...

But...

Um...

*backs away from thread*

Well...

Eh...

*disappears*

Chronos
2008-05-25, 06:54 PM
I am only saying that it makes more sense that the instrument size depends of CON than CHA. Itīs not a body part that is visible usually, so itīs not a interaction object (except in sexual engagements.. and in that events itīs better a skilled hand or mouth than the size of....)And by the time that it becomes an aspect of social interaction, you've probably already passed your Diplomacy check.

Green Bean
2008-05-25, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing CON would be more important at... performing.

I dunno. I'd say that DEX is more the performance stat; CON would most likely be stamina.

Johnny Blade
2008-05-25, 07:13 PM
And by the time that it becomes an aspect of social interaction, you've probably already passed your Diplomacy check.
Well, often enough, it's a Bluff check. :smallamused:

Or maybe even...eh, I'd better not go there.

I am only saying that it makes more sense that the instrument size depends of CON than CHA.
Um...I don't think so. Tying it to CON makes just as much sense as tying it to CHA, or INT: not much. :smalltongue:

P.S. I hope that there is not children reading this thread....
Pffff...every child that can read (and understand/enjoy) OotS and would therefore visit these boards will know about all that anyway. On an abstract level, but still...
I do hope their parents don't read this, though. :smallwink:

Geracht
2008-05-25, 07:58 PM
I actually had a character once who had scars, a missing ear, one eye, two missing teeth, and only nine fingers. He was a war veteren in charge of the other characters in the party with a 19 CHA. He had it because of the words he used; when telling everyone to keep fighting and not turn around and such, he was utilizing vulgarities so shocking and frightful, people turned right around to keep fighting. More than once he'd been thrown into a diplomatic situation--and passed because despite his appearance, he knew how to be polite.

Interesting snippet on the other end of this spectrum. :D

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-25, 08:56 PM
CON is more about stamina.
CON provides the time value. Power is a function of CHA (not entirely linear, but relatively smooth)*. Theoretical effect is power integrated over time which is provided by CON.

However, we all know that to get desired effect, one has to perform the given task efficiently. Even though we have given theoretical power, it still needs to be applied to get desired effect. So, we have efficiency coefficient, which has value between 0 and 1, and to get actual effect we have to multiply theoretical effect by it. That coefficient is a function of DEX values of both parties invlved.

*sound of one's sanity melting*

Follow the banner in my sig and read through both House of horror threads, Belkar's romantic interect thread and house of fanservice in one sitting.

Then have your sanity die.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-05-26, 12:38 AM
Considering the plethora of, let's call them tall, monsters and humanoids, I doubt 18 inches is anything to worry too greatly about. And let's not forget 555: "Half-Dragons Are Even Worse". Like you didn't go there.

The Extinguisher
2008-05-26, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't say it's a strict CHA to Inch forumla. I'd imagine you'd simply apply your CHA bonus to some average.

Selene
2008-05-26, 01:11 AM
Agreed. Being good looking certainly doesn't automatically make you charming.

Case in point: Tom Cruise. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2008-05-26, 01:24 AM
So...why is there a thread discussing penis size in correlation with Charisma score, in the context of a stick figure? Like...what?

Mordokai
2008-05-26, 02:30 AM
I dunno. I'd say that DEX is more the performance stat; CON would most likely be stamina.

I meant overall performance :smallsmile: Stamina is just as important as agility, so I'd agree with you that DEX and CON play equally important part.

Kato
2008-05-26, 09:40 AM
... This thread wents kinda the wrong way, hehe... anyway, I enjoy it ^^

So, I think we can agree on the following. CHA determines the general size, because it is considered 'charming'...
CON is clearly the stamina, which enables you to last longer... wow, now I understand why dwarf x elf doesn't work... imagine a 18 CON dwarf using all his points and a 6 CON elf trying to last this long...
DEX surely determines the agility, so the variety of possible positions...
WIS is the ability to know a lot of positions (from the kamasutra or wherever) and INT might help you... er... dunno... make some up on your own? ^^'
Finally STR doesn't do anything, except you want to use some difficult positions.

Pocketa
2008-05-26, 12:39 PM
So...why is there a thread discussing penis size in correlation with Charisma score, in the context of a stick figure? Like...what?

From top to bottom:

Elan being nude
what would Threkla see?
pun about 18 inches/charisma
debate about ratio of length to stat
debate about which stat should be used
debate about which race would be longer
you asking
this post

Also, Elan's pants are a little too tight to really...hold that, aren't they? Wouldn't we see a bulge of some sort if it was truly that big?

EDIT:

IMHO, stats:

CHA: better at pleasing their partner.
CON: stamina, which enables you to last longer.
DEX : determines the agility, so the variety of possible positions.
WIS: is the ability to know a lot of positions (from the kamasutra or wherever)
INT: ability to remember what to do at the moment of it needing to be done
STR: thrust, etc. Power in general. Too much and the rate of the condom breaking is higher.

BTW, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stradh/dnd/mirror/Assorted/ADnD_netbook_of_sex.html.

Surprised that wasn't posted yet. Bookmarks FTW.

Mordokai
2008-05-26, 02:02 PM
STR: thrust, etc. Power in general. Too much and the rate of the condom breaking is higher.

BTW, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stradh/dnd/mirror/Assorted/ADnD_netbook_of_sex.html.

Surprised that wasn't posted yet. Bookmarks FTW.

Bolded by me. And it made me laught. I imagine something like this being writen on the package of condoms:

For every additional +1 to STR, chance of breaking a condom raises by 5%. Consult your pharmacy before use, should you need XS(extra strong) condoms.

As for the link... that has got to be the peak of geekishnes I ever saw :smallsmile: But it made me laught again.

Pocketa
2008-05-26, 02:07 PM
Where can I pick a box up?

Mordokai
2008-05-26, 02:13 PM
Check your local pharmacy :smallbiggrin:

Pocketa
2008-05-26, 02:14 PM
Do they come in flavors? Can I get a 40 pack? Is it cheaper by the lb? Is it behind the counter or not?

Kato
2008-05-26, 02:20 PM
They're in halfling, dwarven, elven and dragon size... and they come only ale flavored.

Mordokai
2008-05-26, 02:20 PM
Custom made, any flavour you want. Of course, we might need to jach price up a little for that. 40 pack, no problems. No, it's cheaper by the box. It you want it discreetly, we can do it discreetly.

All further question can be directed to vendor's PM box, less the vendor and the purchaser alike experience the horror that is called ban hammer :smallbiggrin:

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-26, 06:42 PM
Meh... As long as no one in the House of Horrors or Fanservice produces a detailed image or animation based on what you say, you should be fine...

Back to the topic: should not WIS get increased through experience? After all, one needs some empirical data to know the positions...

David Argall
2008-05-26, 08:17 PM
Back to the topic: should not WIS get increased through experience? After all, one needs some empirical data to know the positions...

Knowing the positions is Intelligence. Knowing not to be in that bed is wisdom.