PDA

View Full Version : who else hopes...

Gamerlord
2008-05-24, 08:25 PM
Thelkra joins the group and becomes...the seventh ranger!

d'Bwobsling
2008-05-24, 08:41 PM
Hinjo would never let her on the ship

Squark
2008-05-24, 08:44 PM
No.

But I don't think Hinjo's seen her either.

HUMVEE Driver
2008-05-24, 08:47 PM
I sincerly hope Therkla joins the Order of the Stick. The conflict with Haley over Elan is more fodder for comedy, and with a Ninja onboard Haley could focus more on being a ranged attacker and less on being a thief.

Therkla is a great fit, and isn't it time the Order of the Stick gained another official member?

Besides, attractive female half orc ninjas are cool.

Jayngfet
2008-05-24, 09:02 PM
Either that or it's a subversion where despite her help she isn't allowed to join.

But I would love for that to happen.

Recaiden
2008-05-24, 09:14 PM
That would be awesome, but i don't think its going to happen.:smallsigh: I think she'll turn on Kubota but not join the group.

kpenguin
2008-05-24, 09:42 PM
Another sneaky-female-with-a-ponytail-who-has-a-crush-on-Elan-but-hasn't-revealed her-affection-yet?

Pass.

Jayngfet
2008-05-24, 11:52 PM
Another sneaky-female-with-a-ponytail-who-has-a-crush-on-Elan-but-hasn't-revealed her-affection-yet?

Pass.

I think Therkla's a bit more overt in her affections.

Zorn
2008-05-25, 12:19 AM
I think Therkla's a bit more overt in her affections.

Just a bit.

What position would Therkla fill on the team? Belkar and Haley pretty much cover everything she is capable of so she can't contribute much. Aside from a few jokes involving Elan, Therkla doesn't have much to offer at this point. I don't think adding an extra member to an already larger-than-usual team is the right choice, especially not when all of the other members have over 500 comics on her.

People were (and still are somewhat) speculating that Hinjo would join the Order once he lost his city. This situation isn't all that different.

krossbow
2008-05-25, 12:28 AM
Therkla has the same problem that Black belt had (emphasis on HAD) in the 8 bit series comic. Black belt was essentially a carbon copy of fighter, no matter how much they tried to dress him up.
Black belt was killed not just once but TWICE in order to ensure he was gone.

I'm seeing a similiar future for therkla, whether by kubuta or in a fight against the order of the stick.

Heck, The last girl besides Haley to get involved with Elan, Samantha, got killed too.

averagejoe
2008-05-25, 01:04 AM
Therkla also seems a little bit... well, not exactly evil, but shallowly fixated on only Elan's most obvious qualities. And also a bit evil. At best she'd make a good character for Elan to redeem, and then send on their way.

Anyways, if TV has taught me one thing, it tends to be a horrible idea to add another character to the core group that forms the foundation of the story. Such things almost always mark a show's decline.

Jayngfet
2008-05-25, 01:19 AM
Therkla also seems a little bit... well, not exactly evil, but shallowly fixated on only Elan's most obvious qualities. And also a bit evil. At best she'd make a good character for Elan to redeem, and then send on their way.

Anyways, if TV has taught me one thing, it tends to be a horrible idea to add another character to the core group that forms the foundation of the story. Such things almost always mark a show's decline.

Sixth Seventh ranger (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixthRanger).

verloren
2008-05-25, 03:48 AM
She won't join THE order. but she might join the second order.
Currently made up of O-Chul, Hinjo, Diago, etc.

LtNOWIS
2008-05-25, 06:00 AM
Right. The Order hasn't been together for quite some time now. So, it's possible she'll help out the good guys for the foreseeable future, in lieu of the actual party.

teratorn
2008-05-25, 06:10 AM
and with a Ninja onboard Haley
You got me there. :smallredface:

To the ones saying the Order is too big. Well, Belkar had no birthday cake but he had candy...

Kato
2008-05-25, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure... of course it's always the more the better... and fighting with Haley over Elan might be fun. But it's kinda too many chars then... Hm... maybe she will, maybe not. But she's sure to get a part at the level of O_Chul/Hinjo/Celia/Daigo...

Btw, is someone else impressed how a mere soldier as Daigo was able to rise this high in importance? I wonder if Rich planned it right from the start.

krossbow
2008-05-25, 06:06 PM
Love triangles are only good when the two characters involved are polar opposites (example: Ryoko and Ayeka from Tenchi muyo).

The two have to clash in some way to work well. Therkla and Haley are too similiar for this cliche to work.

tenguro
2008-05-25, 07:33 PM
Maybe, then Elan's happy ending is a 3 som....well I think you get the picture.

TigerHunter
2008-05-25, 08:39 PM
attractive half orc
Oxymoron. :smalltongue:

Logalmier
2008-05-25, 09:38 PM
Just a bit.

Your kidding right? "which is why pants must be forsaken whenever possible."

Halvormerlinaky
2008-05-26, 12:28 AM
and with a Ninja onboard Haley

Oh, yeah. The Belkster, Roy and Durkon could definitely get behind this action. Do I need to provide the sauce? (Ooo, that was unintentionally naughty, sorry).

Zorn
2008-05-26, 01:29 AM
Your kidding right? "which is why pants must be forsaken whenever possible."

Yes, that was sarcasm. I'd have used a smiley to display it, but I'm deathly afraid of them.

What? I had a traumatizing experience (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/244056/attack_of_the_smilies/).

On a more serious note, I think krossbow pretty much summed up what I was trying to say with his example. Therkla simply doesn't have anything to contribute to the Order.

Rincewind
2008-05-26, 04:04 AM
I think she will die. I mean, really die.

pankake
2008-05-26, 08:49 AM
While the prospect of a 'almost competent' character is alluring. We must remember that the OOTS relies on Accidental competence to defeat their enemies. The more they try to work towards that goal the farther they seem to get from it.

Therkla in essence is just 'too good' for the OOTS group. Rather I motion we put her in the OOTS2 group. where all the competent or other wise useful characters are.

Besides I think we all know a good paladin currently in holding that would need a good assassin right about now.

I do however think if Therkla doesn't join the OOTS team she'll be destined for Team Evil. Hell hath no fury and all that.

Lord_Drayakir
2008-05-26, 02:40 PM
I dunno. I like it. Since one of the major flaws of the Order is that none of them have Spot/Listen worth anything... so Therkla could maybe act as a temporary member of the Order, until she gets fed up with noticing a squad of ninjas surrounding them.

As for what she could provide? Well, she'd probably be better at reconnaissance than any party member, due to her higher Move Silently/Hide checks, and everybody else's abysmal Spot/Listen checks. Also, she can act as a relatively able close-combat type, because that's what ninjas do.

Besides, with the possibility of :belkar: and :vaarsuvius: leaving the party... they're gonna need Therkla and Celia.

Newtkeeper
2008-05-26, 04:05 PM
Oxymoron. :smalltongue:

What are you, some sort of anti-half-orc-bigot? While attractiveness and CHA don't match exactly, it is worth noting that half-orcs are only as "uncharismatic" as dwarves. You will have as many half-orcs with CHA over 10 as humans with CHA over 12 (assuming rolled stats, no rerolls).

HUMVEE Driver
2008-05-27, 11:53 PM
Damn right.

I agree.

PaladinFreak
2008-05-29, 04:19 PM
No. Just no. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoJustNo)