PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on SW Saga

mabriss lethe
2008-05-24, 08:30 PM
I went by the book store today and on a whim, flipped through the Star Wars Saga Edition rulebook. I was mildly impressed. They seemed to have carved everything down to the brass tacks. The rules seemed fairly simple, easy to locate and quick to implement. At first glance, classes seemed balanced fairly well against one another and the "build your own droid" part was pretty neatly executed.

If I find a local group playing SW, I'm going to do my best to sit in

Jack Zander
2008-05-24, 10:40 PM
I went by the book store today and on a whim, flipped through the Star Wars Saga Edition rulebook. I was mildly impressed. They seemed to have carved everything down to the brass tacks. The rules seemed fairly simple, easy to locate and quick to implement. At first glance, classes seemed balanced fairly well against one another and the "build your own droid" part was pretty neatly executed.

If I find a local group playing SW, I'm going to do my best to sit in

So... do you like or dislike the system? I kinda got mixed vibes on that.

Dhavaer
2008-05-24, 10:49 PM
So... do you like or dislike the system? I kinda got mixed vibes on that.

As he doesn't say anything negative about the game, and does say he'd like to sit in on it, I'd say he likes it.

mabriss lethe
2008-05-24, 11:06 PM
It's close enough to normal d20 that the learning curve isn't all that high, seems to have been streamlined a fair bit. I'd definitely give it a shot. (yeah, so far I've liked what I've seen.)

I'm toying with the idea of a Chameleon-esque multiclass droid. spends a lot of time continuously reprogramming itself for different applications.

KillianHawkeye
2008-05-25, 03:43 AM
Just remember to get the extensive errata from WotC's Star Wars page. You really do need it.