PDA

View Full Version : Thread no longer needed. Please Delete

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-25, 01:52 AM
Please Delete this thread.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-25, 02:34 AM
What game?

This does not sound like a remotely survivable situation in any cyberpunk RPG I'm familiar with (outgunned and they know you're there? You've already lost), unless your Ref plays really stupid. What I don't get is why you're still alive.

I guess you might have tried directing whatever rioting crowds can be found against the mercenaries, though. Worked for Johnny Silverhand.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-25, 02:46 AM
Since im the only one with an MA of 16, i would be the only one capable of getting to the roof in time but i wouldnt know what to do when i get there.

I survived the meeting with seduction and promises of pizza.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-25, 04:52 AM
Well, your Ref is running the game stupid, so you've got some hope. Unfortunately, that also means that there's no way to use good planning or the like, since the results of any actions are obviously random.

From "Luck" + "MA" I figure you're playing Cyberpunk 2020? That means you can probably kill all the mercs by abusing multiple actions (if allowed) or using two weapons and making headshots at close range (Difficulty 15, paltry -4 to hit), provided the rest of your abilities are in line with your MA (nice cyberlegs?). Assuming you had any sense, you got SP 12 or 14 Skinweave and a SP 18 duster, so you're immune to everything up to 7.62mmN rounds, and you presumably got special rounds for your 12mm or larger guns (say, Reaper rounds) that can penetrate armor and actually cause damage.

Cyberpunk 2020 combat is cheeseriffic. (Well, assuming your Ref hasn't had the sense to use the Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads! alternate combat rules.)

Seriously though, dude, there's no way to give useful advice on your situation with this little info. In general, though: they know you're there, you cannot succeed. You should be dead already, in fact.

Essential data:
Your precise abilities (including armor, weapons, skills + stats, cyberware).
How the game is run. (Is abusing multiple actions possible? Is LU,YPS! used? How dumb does the Ref play NPCs?)
Available cover and other advantages.
Enemy numbers, abilities, weapons, armor, vehicles, support...

Even with all that, it's pretty much impossible to predict what'd actually work.

What's your motivation for trying to save the others, anyway? This is Cyberpunk. Screw them.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-25, 09:25 AM
Armor:
Head:12
Torso: 22
Arms: 19
Legs: 24

Weapons:
SK MPK-2020 (normal rounds)
SPM-1 Battleglove

Skills:
Charismatic Leadership +17
Awareness +15
Persuasion +14
Intimidate +9
Streetwise +15
SMG+17
Rifle +10
Hide/Evade +8
Resist Torture/Drugs +9
Stealth +15
Play Instrument +9
Martial Arts (Aikido) +16
Seduction +14

Cyberware:
2 Cyberlegs (Speeding Bullet and Realskinn)
Skinweave

The NPC's are run pretty well and my Ref is using the LUYPS! combat rules, allowing 2 actions per round.

As for enemies, there are 4 of them. 3 of them are heavily outfitted with some decent armor and assault rifles, one other is the pilot of an assault helicopter they have and hasnt been described yet.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-25, 09:54 AM
Okay, so your Ref is smart, and the scenario looks more survivable. You also can't rely on your otherwise sufficient armor to save your ass, since SP 22 is no longer invulnerable to anything.

As I see it, you'll have to get the jump on them, headshot two of them (make it 3-round bursts in the head at close range), hope you survive the third one's shots (although they'll probably dive for cover first anyway; but with AP 6 as your best, 7.62mm automatic fire will chew you up), then gun them down or get into close range to use that Aikido. (Best MArt in the game, after the über-cheesy Panzerfaust.) Depending on your BODY (12-14 or higher), you could also try just jump-kicking them in the head with your cyberlegs for massive damage.

Or if your Ref likes more clever, involved, and cinematic combat, you get the jump on one of them up close (easy with the Speeding Bullet legs), use your impressive Aikido to turn him into a human shield and let the others blast him full of nickel, and use his gun to take down the other two. And then you can worry about the helicopter... assuming it's on the ground waiting to be boarded, though, you'll just need to chuck a hand grenade inside.

It's not very good odds of survival, but I think you knew that going in. Besides, dying in style is more important than... anything.

If you don't succeed, you went down in style. If you succeed, you're freaking Arnold Schwarzenegger.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-25, 10:03 AM
Someone else suggested to me the grenade thing but its an assault heli with some pretty heavy armor considering it took a round in the rotor from my old characters Royal Enfield Ordinance 25mm Cockerill Assault Cannon and didnt take any noticeable damage.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-25, 11:21 AM
Someone else suggested to me the grenade thing but its an assault heli with some pretty heavy armor considering it took a round in the rotor from my old characters Royal Enfield Ordinance 25mm Cockerill Assault Cannon and didnt take any noticeable damage.

That's why you throw it on the inside, where the pilot and all the sensitive equipment are. The doors have to be open if it's there to pick up people...