PDA

View Full Version : Amusement Park OF DEATH! DAH DAH DAH!

Thamir
2008-05-25, 04:08 AM
I am running a Mutants and Masterminds Freedom City game involving a gang called the toon gang, for those unfamiliar with Freedom City the Toon Gang is basically a stereotypical cartoon mob gang brought to life from a cartoon, think Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Anyway the heroes trick the Toon Gang to the Ocean Heights Amusement Park where the heroes must thwart the gangs plan to steal all of the city's laughter. Anyway I know it sounds cliche but run with it. Anyway they defeat the guards and run into the park, now what happens, what rides could they fight on in or around? I haven't had many ideas so it is totally up to you guys, even if you have never played M&M just think up a cool combat based around a ride. PLEASE:wink:

Admiral Squish
2008-05-25, 04:10 AM
Mono-e-toono swordfight while standing on the roller coaster.

Grynning
2008-05-25, 04:17 AM
To borrow a bit from the old Batman show, have one or all of the heroes get tied up and used as a target in a shooting gallery (to be rescued/escape at the last minute, of course).

Funhouse mirrors can be cool (make them make checks to figure out what's a reflection and what's not).

Halcyon_Dax
2008-05-25, 05:14 AM
Haha, seconded on the rollercoaster and hall of mirrors.

Theres an episode of cowboy bebop in which Spike fights a madman at a carnival/themepark. Its got a very dark tone but could provide some great inspiration. The episode is "Periot Le Fou" I believe. Look it up.

The Glyphstone
2008-05-25, 06:46 AM
Funhouse mirrors where the reflections try to kill them?

Dragor
2008-05-25, 07:11 AM
Throwing coconuts from the coconut shy to knock them unconscious.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-25, 07:13 AM
Bumper Boat Chase!

Pie Guy
2008-05-25, 08:27 AM
Having to fight on a tiltawhirl where checks are needed to not become sickened.

Zenos
2008-05-25, 08:30 AM
Chase through the Haunted House, facing robotic skeletons and illusions in addition to the gang?

Randel
2008-05-25, 12:31 PM
Snipers sitting in the ferris wheel who get a good shot when they are near the top and can be attacked when they are near the bottom.

A cotton candy machine that gets modified to spray cotton candy on the good guys to trip them up.

Runnaway bumper cars.

merry-go-round broken down and flying its way toward the middle of town.

Those one rides with the airplanes set on the ends of arms going in a circle. Either the planes start working and used to start dogfighting or the ride gets animated as a giant multi-armed spider robot.

Bad guys hiding behind those bottles you have to knock over with a softball, since they are running on cartoon physics the bottles are completely indestructible and can't be knocked over... unless a fly bumps into them.

Gift shop of horrors.

Gift shops that have been rewired into self-replicating entities. The toys and gifts are robot workers and factories that turn raw materials into more gifts and parts to build gift shops. If the heros don't take them out then the whole park (and later the city/country/world/universe) will be converted entirely into tacky gift shops. After saving the day, one robot survives and hands them T-shirts reading "I saved the city and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Ice cream vendors that make banana splits and throw the banana peels at the heros.

Save innocents who were tied to the rails of roller coasters or train rides.

Laser light shows with deadly lasers.

Float Parades with giant robots as part of the float, or the drivers try to run them over or the pirates on the pirate ship float have guns and cannons... or they capture the heros and make them walk the plank into a shark-themed float.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-25, 12:35 PM
Is one of your players playing a Deadpool character? Because this screams SO MUCH of Arcade, and Deadpool is a perfect hero for that villain.