PDA

View Full Version : Most scariest adventure?

Hurlbut
2008-05-25, 01:10 PM
Having read the GameMastery module "Hangman's Noose", it prompt a question from me. What is the most scariest adventure you ran or have been in?

I confess I have never ran or been in a 'horror'/scary adventure.

Edan
2008-05-25, 01:22 PM
Tomb of Horrors, hands down. It turns you paranoid and is the climax of evil, cruel and unusual traps and horrors.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-26, 12:13 AM
Call of Cthulhu. The players weren't scared of anything, either, just generally freaked out by the atmosphere and all sorts of red herrings. I didn't even have to kill any of them. There was no paranoia involved (until later sessions) - they were actually scared, not just cautious.

Yes, I rock.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-26, 06:40 AM
Call of Cthulhu. The players weren't scared of anything, either, just generally freaked out by the atmosphere and all sorts of red herrings. I didn't even have to kill any of them. There was no paranoia involved (until later sessions) - they were actually scared, not just cautious.

Seconded. Well run it's as scary as hell.

UserClone
2008-05-26, 08:06 AM
Wow. Can I play a game of CoC with you guys? I just couldn't get scared. (Though when reading the sample adventures in the CoC D20 game, I did get a little freaked out.)

its_all_ogre
2008-05-26, 08:29 AM
WFRP the enemy within series makes you paranoid as hell.

well it does if you're aware of world background and follow plot, my lot just went running around smashing stuff up and died doing something suicidal :smallfurious:

NephandiMan
2008-05-29, 02:59 AM
I have to say, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft was pretty freaky. And I didn't play it under anything like ideal conditions, either - I can only imagine what it would've been like if I had played it in someone's basement with the thermostat turned down and only a few candles for illumination.

Nebo_
2008-05-29, 03:31 AM
Most scariest adventure?

What's the most bestest grammar you can think of?

llamamushroom
2008-05-29, 08:10 AM
I had my players a little scared when they thought they'd shut the evil werewolf thing in a temple with the ghost-bard thing and stone-shaped the doors closed. I basically said - "Casper, you see the werewolf **** its head, run towards the wall and jump out the window."

It was quite amusing.