PDA

View Full Version : New main character, or just another Elan side fling?

peach_bug
2008-05-25, 01:37 PM
I'm sure it's been posted before, but what are your thoughts on the 'fairly good' half-orc chick? I can't see any of the other emmbers putting up with her for more than a millisecond. If you think she'll leave, how do you think it'll play out? I think she'll sacrifice herself for Elan... :)

factotum
2008-05-25, 01:45 PM
She isn't remotely good, for a start. Assassin? Kills people for money? If she hadn't fallen for Elan she'd have killed him to get through to Hinjo if necessary...

kpenguin
2008-05-25, 01:49 PM
Belkar isn't exactly "Good" either.

someonenonotyou
2008-05-25, 02:01 PM
i see her finding out about haley and then falls in love with belkar and the live happly and bloodly ever after aww:smallbiggrin:

Tingel
2008-05-25, 02:22 PM
I think she'll sacrifice herself for Elan... :)
Nothing so far hints towards such a development. Her infatuation with Elan is purely physical; love is not involved. Her 'courtship' is motivated by her own desires and interests, not by his well-being. An unscrupulous murderer like Therkla doesn't turn into a self-sacrificing hero all of a sudden just because she meets some pretty fool, however hot she might think he is.

i see her finding out about haley and then falls in love with belkar
It seems more likely that the green assassin with the very deep voice eventually falls for Nale than for Belkar. After all, her attraction to Elan is only physical and Nale is Elan's identical twin.

Chronos
2008-05-25, 02:48 PM
Nothing so far hints towards such a development. Her infatuation with Elan is purely physical; love is not involved. Her 'courtship' is motivated by her own desires and interests, not by his well-being.Even so, I could never make my prophet Elan unhappy, even though I bet he's adorable when he pouts." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0558.html) It's not very deep, maybe, but she cares at least a little for his well-being.

If you think she's good, though, consider how she acquired her academic standing (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html).

Hokum
2008-05-27, 10:33 AM
Nothing so far hints towards such a development. Her infatuation with Elan is purely physical; love is not involved. Her 'courtship' is motivated by her own desires and interests, not by his well-being. An unscrupulous murderer like Therkla doesn't turn into a self-sacrificing hero all of a sudden just because she meets some pretty fool, however hot she might think he is.

You're right on, there's no Spike-is-purified-by-his-love-for-Buffy action coming here. its mostly (excellent) comic relief in my eyes.

David Argall
2008-05-27, 02:01 PM
Therkla's future is quite flexible, and could be just about anything at this point. It very definitely includes her reforming to be a good girl. Of course, it also includes getting killed by party members or Kubota, or she could become a recurring assistant/opponent who keeps on trying for Elan or to kill Haley, or...

Lupy
2008-05-27, 05:36 PM
Possibly she goes after Haley and crosses Sabine, a 3 way fight at Giriard's gate between the three of them would be awesome. But I doubt she's around for more than 15 strips at a time, maybe she is like an alternate Linear Guild? Or maybe her and Sabine are cool with each other and she joins the Linear Guild? Hmm... I think the last is most likely, although the Roaches seem to think we have many more factions than we know of involved.