PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You d20: Die, Noise, Die!

Leliel
2008-05-25, 03:38 PM
Ahem.

I thought that it would be intresting to play a 4E game that took place in the New York City version of the Reaper's Game, with some modifications of course-It's version gives more then two people the ability to pact with each other for instance. OK, here's the pitch:

Players are a bunch of recently-deceased folks (Oh, come on, it's not that big of a spoiler) who get sucked into the Big Apple's Game. After being forced into pacting-because no one wants to be eaten by Noise-they become more or less the playthings of the local shinigami-including a former crime lord, a rotten and rotting CEO, and of course, a winged politician-but quickly find themselves in a much larger plot orchastrated by a rouge Reaper who wants destroy any semblance of order within the city-thus leading to perfect and complete individuality (in his mind, "individuality" means "inability to work with others").

So, is this a good idea?

Before I go-*Hacks Noise surronding other posters to shreds*-There. Now your opinion won't be influenced by negativity.

Zocelot
2008-05-25, 04:21 PM
It sounds mostly like a good idea.

Is the campaign in the same world as TWEWY? If so, you'll probably need an approach that explains the why there are games in many major cities, and who the overlord of the entire game is. The various planes would work like the traditional various planes of D&D.

Shibuya is merely a small district of Tokyo, so you'll either want to change your setting to a small district of New York, or change the rules so that your game encompasses all of New York (with many, many players, maybe even have a society of dead people)

Skill (Tin Pin Slammer) is a must.

Leliel
2008-05-25, 04:29 PM
It sounds mostly like a good idea.

Is the campaign in the same world as TWEWY? If so, you'll probably need an approach that explains the why there are games in many major cities, and who the overlord of the entire game is. The various planes would work like the traditional various planes of D&D.

Well, the game itself states that there is are several games, each in different cities, so that shouldn't be too hard.

Shibuya is merely a small district of Tokyo, so you'll either want to change your setting to a small district of New York, or change the rules so that your game encompasses all of New York (with many, many players, maybe even have a society of dead people)

Why not?

Skill (Tin Pin Slammer) is a must.

HA!

I don't know why, but that made me LOL

Zocelot
2008-05-25, 06:50 PM
!
Well, the game itself states that there is are several games, each in different cities, so that shouldn't be too hard.

Where did this happen? I believe you, but I just can't remember it.

Leliel
2008-05-26, 05:42 PM
Where did this happen? I believe you, but I just can't remember it.

Well, "Strongly hinted" more like, but same diffence.

I think it's in the Secret Reports, or the final encounter with the Composer.