PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations for 3.5 campaign

EphU437
2008-05-25, 09:32 PM
A friend of mine wants to DM a 3.5 campaign. He and the players have very little D&D experience, though the DM has had the core books for some time and has read through them. He and the players are high-school age. I offered to post here for suggestions. He wants to run a pre-made campaign. His criteria are (though he doesn't entirely realize it):

1. Starts at low level - to ease into higher level play and not present novice players with a requirement to build 10-th level PCs from scratch.

2. Fairly long - he wants something to last, not just a long adventure.

3. Straightforward - Not that it has to be totally linear, but he isn't up to running - and the players aren't likely to appreciate - a convoluted story with 10 factions and ambiguous goals.

4. Dungeon based- I think the DM will have trouble with a non-dungeon based campaign because of all the ambiguity and weakness of the 3e rules in that setting.

5. Well designed and edited. We all know what it's like to be running a module and come across something that doesn't make sense, or an easily exploited way for the PCs to circumvent the challenges. My friend would like a campaign hat won't throw him any curve balls and will be gentle on a novice DM and party.

Thanks,
Eph

The Necroswanso
2008-05-25, 09:52 PM
He'll want Expedition to the Undermountain. Hardback book, starts at resonably low level. My group is starting it at level 2. Best of all it covers several adventures, so you find yourself returning often.

JaxGaret
2008-05-25, 09:58 PM
There's always the World's Largest Dungeon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Largest_Dungeon).

Xuincherguixe
2008-05-25, 10:42 PM
I hear good things about Eberron as a setting at least.

Pink
2008-05-25, 10:46 PM
There's the Tomb of Haggemoth (http://www.lulu.com/browse/book_view.php?fCID=783335), start's at 3-8. Some good dungeon stuff in there while still giving some exploration.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-26, 12:20 AM
He'll want Expedition to the Undermountain.

It is the bomb. Good design. (I generally love the WotC module designs; most pre-made adventures are a freaking pain to run because of the way information is distributed.)