PDA

View Full Version : C&C red alert 2 under cover COWS?

Zalic
2008-05-25, 11:38 PM
so anyway today i was looking through my games and i saw cammand and conquer red alert 2 so i put it in and did alot of missions really good and one thing just caught my attention, in one of the missions you need to get europe to help you by destroying soviet nukes you get spies in this one so anyway you go through the level and you sometimes in place find survivors to help you so i shot a barral which exploaded into a million peices and it said bouvine(cows) rescued so after you do that you can move them around and the thing about spies is that if an enemy dogs touches you it kills you 1 hit but i can move the cows anywhere to explore my map without confrontation so to anyone else who might play and dont yet know about this i hope you take this to heart and harness the true power of the cows
:smallbiggrin:

Solo
2008-05-25, 11:51 PM

Eita
2008-05-26, 12:14 AM
Say wah...?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-05-26, 12:20 AM
He's talking about a secret on one of the Allied campaign missions in Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, one of my favorites from that campaign in fact. Essentially, while sneaking around the map with Tanya (a hero commando) and some spies, it's possible to "rescue" neutral cows and use them as scouts which, you have to admit, is damn awesome. Silly trusting Sovietskis, not engaging "harmless" farm animals.

Dumbledore lives
2008-05-26, 12:22 AM
You know, I wouldn't think cows would make very effective scouts, good eating though. I think that is the point of the OP.

Zalic
2008-05-26, 12:29 AM
nerd-o-rama thank you for explaining it i liked going around and just destroying everything with tanya 1 hit kills on dogs/people

Logic
2008-05-26, 09:12 AM
Punctuation is your friend. Do not forget him, lest he forget you. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation)

13_CBS
2008-05-26, 09:27 AM
The Soviets can do much of the same by mind-controlling school buses and loading them up with infantry. Allied AI never targets civilian buses :smallbiggrin:

Prince Gimli
2008-05-26, 01:15 PM
Another nifty trick is to let Yuri mind control cows, use Crazy Ivan to plant a time bomb on it, and then walk the cows into the enemy base,:smallamused:

I must add however, that I have never really used this trick. Whether this is because of lack of trying, the lack of usefulness of this trick, or a combination thereof, I cannot say with complete certainty.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-05-26, 02:13 PM
The Soviets can do much of the same by mind-controlling school buses and loading them up with infantry. Allied AI never targets civilian buses :smallbiggrin:

Ah, yes, I used that trick to sneak my conscripts into the world trade center and kill everyone around the battle lab you have to capture.

Except now I feel insenstive.

Breltar
2008-05-29, 08:18 AM
The level with the cows was one of my favorites. I always liked some of the more 'non building' levels in C&C more than the 'normal' ones. Eventually my friend loaned me an old game called 'Soldiers of Anarchy' which is like if the 'solo' levels in C&C met up with a bit of fallout in a sort of post apocalyptic Russia. No building and you can loot enemy vehicles if they arent completely blown to hell. :smallbiggrin: