PDA

View Full Version : Gate to Infinity (GTI) Webcomic

Zeluron
2008-05-26, 09:36 AM
http://www.gatetoinfinity.net/comikaze/examples/front_page.php

A fantasy/comedy webcomic that updates three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-05-26, 09:40 AM
This is not the place for advertising.

This is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)

Zeluron
2008-05-26, 01:11 PM
That's odd comeing from you of all people. :smallbiggrin:

I mean you bump your thread every time you release a strip, infact it was your strip that gave me the idea of advertiseing here. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-05-26, 02:22 PM
I'm not advertising, my comic started here. The updates are because not everyone from my original fanbase goes to the site on a regular basis.

Omega
2008-05-26, 02:26 PM
That's odd comeing from you of all people. :smallbiggrin:

I mean you bump your thread every time you release a strip, infact it was your strip that gave me the idea of advertiseing here. :smalltongue:

I like the way this guy thinks.

Nameless
2008-05-26, 02:34 PM
True, but that's because his comic started on the on this forum, and has just moved to a website.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-05-26, 02:38 PM
What happens in Remember is also relevant to people here, either because it's a backstory to a character in ABR or because it's Burlewan in art style.

However, arguing hypocrisy on my part does not erase error on yours.

Zeluron
2008-05-26, 04:38 PM
Well the strips are art in themselves so I guess it could be conceived as me showing off my art talent (or lack of art talent :smalltongue:). Either way I don't think me posting here is an error.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-05-26, 04:55 PM
#facepalm#

Alright, let's say I started a webcomic off-site. It didn't use a Burlewan art style, had no relevance to anything else on these boards, save maybe a Fantasy genre.

Then, let's say I hopped over onto these Arts & Crafts forums. Would it be correct for me to start advertising my webcomc?

No. Because this is not a place to advertise webcomics, the Webcomics forum is.

Remember and anti-Heroes (The two comics here with their own websites) are here because they both started here and are both Burlewan in style. Remember has the additional relevance to ABR players, which is also here, as are the other backstory comics relevant to it.

The reason both threads receive "bumps" whenever a new page is added is because a lot of their readers find it easier to just click on a link whilst browsing the forum than to purposefully bookmark the website and periodically check for updates (Which many still do, of course). I investigated the results of not linking the page and not posting about the update before and discovered both a drop of in my readership and an increase in posts complaining about, or at least noting, the lack of update post.

Gate to Infinity is not Burlewan and is not forum-relevant, it is a stand-alone webcomic, and as such is fit for the Webcomics forum. If you really want to advertise it around here, make a banner, and put it in your signature with a hyperlink, like every other comic artist around here.

Zeluron
2008-05-26, 05:45 PM
Uh-huh.. I also advertised it on Turbo-Squid which is a 3ds max forum, nothing to do with webcomics at all and they didn't fuss. End of the day, this is an arts and craft forum and in the title it says: "The place to talk about stick figure avatars, graphic design, fan art, or any application of the visual arts and creative writing--or just to show off your latest masterwork!" I consider it showing off my masterwork! (:smalltongue:) Oh and I don't feel that just because your comic is drawn in stick fassion makes it anymore worthy of appearing here.

By the way, bishop to knight two. Your move.

BRC
2008-05-26, 05:51 PM
I see the validity of both arguments, but I must wonder Zel, why the resistance? Will you be so ashamed if you move this thread to the Webcomics forum (Where personally, I think it goes for the same reasons as lying, but I'm not going to argue that point). Do you think that, if moved there, it will go unnoticed, while if posted Here it will be viewed and responeded to as it's glory deserves? Do you simply refuse to admit that you posted this in the wrong forum? Do you believe that any webcomics made by members of this forum are automatically for the Arts and Crafts forum, and are simply standing by your priciples?

I'm just curious.

Echowinds
2008-05-26, 06:03 PM
Personally, I think it fits better here if the thread was about "how can I improve this webcomic", but better in the webcomics forum if you are just showcasing it without any connection with OotS/erfworld or started your webcomic here.

Maulrus
2008-05-28, 01:35 AM
Actually, Zeluron, the fact that it's drawn in the OotS-style does make it more relevant, just as it would if it was Erf-style. Also, I lean more towards Lying's argument just because he doesn't stick his tongue out at me every other sentence.