PDA

View Full Version : Spell-like Abilities

merfolkotpt
2008-05-26, 09:43 AM
For a spell like ability is the "/level" in duration related to any character level or just caster class levels? Specifically, if I use draconic rite of passage (pg 43 RotD) for a kobold how long will his spell last?

sonofzeal
2008-05-26, 09:49 AM
Character Level, unless specified otherwise. I'm AFB so I can't check that part for you.

Douglas
2008-05-26, 10:09 AM
In this case it spells it out right in the ritual.

He can now use that spell once per day as a spell-like ability, using his character level as his caster level.

merfolkotpt
2008-05-26, 11:59 PM
Thanks guys and i guess i just missed that part in initial reading and then thought about it when i was trying to decide on a spell. Speaking of which, does anyone have any ideas for which one to pick for a mid-high level 10-12 rogue skillmonkey. I think i will have standard WBL so I think i am going with hat of disguise, therefore no need for change self but other then that i am open to whatever.

Xefas
2008-05-27, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys and i guess i just missed that part in initial reading and then thought about it when i was trying to decide on a spell. Speaking of which, does anyone have any ideas for which one to pick for a mid-high level 10-12 rogue skillmonkey. I think i will have standard WBL so I think i am going with hat of disguise, therefore no need for change self but other then that i am open to whatever.

I would suggest "Identify" if your DM actually makes you cast Identify to identify magic items.

Since it's a Spell-like Ability, you don't have to pay the 100gp material component cost, and it seems to me that it would fit very well into the theme of a rogue.

Cuddly
2008-05-27, 12:38 AM
Ehh, identify is alright. If you have SA dice, golemstrike may be nice- 1/day stab a construct. But really, at that level, you may as well buy a wand of it.

Ebon Eyes could be good, for seeing through magical darkness. Nerveskitter is also a really great spell; +5 to initiative.

All from the SpC.

Nebo_
2008-05-27, 12:46 AM
Nerveskitter.

Chronicled
2008-05-27, 12:50 AM
Nerveskitter is not only a superb choice, but it fits very well thematically with a kobold rogue.

Cuddly
2008-05-27, 01:28 AM
I'd also like to point out that there's a skill trick that does the same thing as identify, but without cost.