PDA

View Full Version : Help with Draconic Heritage Feat choices...

SamTheCleric
2008-05-26, 08:41 PM
So which of these Draconic Heritage feats (Races of Dragon) are worth it?

I'm looking at Silver Dragon Heritage... Draconic Breath....

And then im torn between Flight, Power, Toughness and Claws...

(8th level human sorcerer... no feats allowed, so will only have 4 feats)

jcsw
2008-05-26, 08:55 PM
If you play a dragonblood race (kobolds, spellscales, etc) you can take a racial substitution level at level 1 to get the draconic heritage feat for free, it also gives, at level 1, Use Magic Device on your Sorcerer Class Skills, and a +2 bonus to Knowledge(Arcana) at the cost of your familiar (who cares about that?) and losing craft and profession off you class skills. So if you switched from human to one of the dragonblood races you effectively lose the 1 skill point/level and Favored Class:All for a whole lot of other stuff. This can be found in races of the dragon.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-26, 08:57 PM
Hmm... that's a good point. Nothing like a little UMD to make the DM go "I hate you" :smallbiggrin:

Chronicled
2008-05-27, 01:02 AM
no feats allowed

Daaaang. I'd hate to be the Fighter in that campaign. :smallwink:

I'd sooner take Metamagic feats, but of the Draconic Heritage line... Draconic Arcane Grace (the spell Ruin Delver's Fortune from SpC is better, but if that's not an option...), Draconic Legacy (if you're investing heavily into these feats already), Draconic Power (especially since the placement of that comma in the first sentence might make it very good), Draconic Resistance (maybe, maybe not), and Draconic Presence (in the right builds, anyways) seem to be the best ones.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-27, 05:43 AM
Erm, make that no Flaws allowed. It was late.. i was tired. :smallbiggrin:

ZeroNumerous
2008-05-27, 08:42 AM
Hmm... that's a good point. Nothing like a little UMD to make the DM go "I hate you" :smallbiggrin:

Silverbrow Human(Dragon Magic) is a dragonblooded human without the skill points.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-27, 08:47 AM
Sadly, Dragon Magic is one of those books the DM has said "no" to.

I'm thinking Heritage, Breath, Presence and Flight.. so far.

Keld Denar
2008-05-27, 11:42 AM
I'd definitely take Draconic Breath. Especially as an 8th level sorc, you can take the 4th level spell "Blinding Breath" from SpC to turn your breath weapon into a reflex save driven disable....on top of the damage that it does.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-27, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking of dropping Draconic Flight, since I decided to pick up the Fly spell anyway...

Draconic Toughness would net me +8 hp...

Chronicled
2008-05-27, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking of dropping Draconic Flight, since I decided to pick up the Fly spell anyway...

Draconic Toughness would net me +8 hp...

Draconic Flight isn't very good anyways.

Improved Toughness is better than Draconic Toughness, and Improved Toughness isn't a great feat by any means.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-27, 02:48 PM
Hmm... so maybe I replace the fourth draconic feat with some other nifty sorcerer feat.

Is draconic presence really worth anything? I could free up two feats by just taking Heritage and Breath...