PDA

View Full Version : gaseous form killings

selim nahanahs
2008-05-27, 04:05 AM
the current campaign im playing is based on the 1.5e rules, so i dont know if the rules have changed since then, im just waiting for 4e to come out til i upgrade, but anyway..
i had an evil idea for my rogue on how to kill people and want some opinions if this would work or not. the plan is to use gaseous form and preferably place my arm(which is gas) into a victim's ear-as far as it will go. then when i turn solid again my arm and hand would hopefull break or damage their skull/or kill then depending on what happens.
so i just want to know if there are any rules which this might effect and how they might do so.

Solo
2008-05-27, 04:18 AM
the current campaign im playing is based on the 1.5e rules, so i dont know if the rules have changed since then, im just waiting for 4e to come out til i upgrade, but anyway..

Not much change at all, I assure you.

i had an evil idea for my rogue on how to kill people and want some opinions if this would work or not. the plan is to use gaseous form and preferably place my arm(which is gas) into a victim's ear-as far as it will go. then when i turn solid again my arm and hand would hopefull break or damage their skull/or kill then depending on what happens.
so i just want to know if there are any rules which this might effect and how they might do so.
I don't think the rules let you materialize in something. Look at the text for Blink, Teleportation, Shadow Walk, etc.

Kurald Galain
2008-05-27, 04:59 AM
Think about it logically. What you're asking is, "can I use this third-level spell to kill somebody", when killing somebody is normally done by a sixth-level spell.

Based on that, the answer is very obviously NO.

Roderick_BR
2008-05-27, 06:35 AM
You want to stick your arm into a tiny space? Suure.
The DM could make both you and the victim take 1d6 points of damage, as it's usual to materialize inside a solid object. And he could ask Fort saves to keep the target from being stunned from the pain, and you from having your arm crushed and rendered useless (at least until you get some high level spell to fix it).

black dragoon
2008-05-27, 07:15 AM
If it was a fuust get full body change I'd say just get inhaled.

selim nahanahs
2008-05-29, 01:29 AM
well the plan was to use it as a last resort suidical if nothing else would work way to kill people lol

Khanderas
2008-05-29, 04:31 AM
If it was a fuust get full body change I'd say just get inhaled.
I assume you mean get inhaled in gaseous form and reform inside him exploding him..
If you get to do that, soon vampires (with their at will gaseous form) will do that on any heavy opposition (that means YOU).

I would say no, wont work, for the same reason genies cant break out of their lamps. You can't drop gaseous form without being able to fill the volume your body needs. Or something. A wizard did it. Nowleavemealone ! :D