PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Comic Book Quotes

Finn Solomon
2008-05-27, 07:43 AM
Let's use this thread to post our most memorable comic book quotes. Celebrate our favourite writer's brilliance!

"I'm coming for you, you son of a b*tch. And all hell's ridin' with me."
- Preacher, Jesse Custer (To God)

"Do you think this 'A' on my head stands for goddamned France?!"
- The Ultimates, Captain America

Attilargh
2008-05-27, 07:49 AM
"I'm the goddamn Batman."
- All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/GoddamnBatman.jpg), Batman

Nico: "-ninja."
Chase: "That's a lot of ninjas."
Nico: "It's a bunch."
Chase: "That's more than the usual amount of ninjas."
- Runaways

I love Joss Whedon's dialogue.

Finn Solomon
2008-05-27, 07:50 AM
I made a billion dollar bet with myself that that particular quote would be the first reply. Now I'm rich! :smalltongue:

SnowballMan
2008-05-27, 08:43 AM
"I did it thirty minutes ago."
- Watchmen (and if you haven't read it, you won't know why that's such an awesome quote)

"With great power comes great responsibility... to kick ass."
- Well, okay, that's not technically a comic book, but if you look up 'ItsJustSomeRandomGuy' on YouTube I think you'll agree it fits.

SteveMB
2008-05-27, 08:58 AM
I made a billion dollar bet with myself that that particular quote would be the first reply.
Maybe you should have put "brilliance" in bold or something. :smallamused:

Finn Solomon
2008-05-27, 09:16 AM
"Stark, the Odinson would have words with thee!"
- The Awesome Thor

"THOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

(Okay, so it isn't really an actual quote, but it is a hell of a lot of fun to say. Seriously. Try it yourself while beating your manly chest.)

comicshorse
2008-05-27, 09:36 AM
" There are seven working defences from this position : three of them disarm with minimal contact, three of them kill, one of them......hurts."

Batman in the Dark knight Returns

Also, about the same thug he just hurt.

" He's young, he's strong, he'll probably walk again."

SamTheCleric
2008-05-27, 10:29 AM
"My Common Sense is Tingling" - Deadpool

Tirian
2008-05-27, 12:09 PM
- Watchmen (and if you haven't read it, you won't know why that's such an awesome quote)

<whisper>Um, it was thirty-five.</whisper>

For the sake of saving GitP some bandwidth, perhaps we should just assume that all of Watchmen and TDKR belongs here.

"What do you expect ME to do against ... so THAT'S what that feels like."
- Bruce Wayne, Kingdom Come #3 (turning around and discovering that the
person he was talking to had already left)

Shatteredtower
2008-05-27, 12:51 PM
"I am... a dentist!"

Eclipso's incredulous reaction to that is even better, but harder to recite from memory -- shocked disbelief that this could be the dark power fantasy of a teenage boy with the ultimate killing machine at his disposal. The first 25 issues of Blue Beetle are always going to be favourites of mine.

"Vartan, are you naturally insensitive, or do you practice?"

I miss DC's Forgotten Realms comic.

"In The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway describes genius as the ability to learn at a greater velocity. For a suicidal drunk with a pathological fear of latent homosexuality, Papa did all right."

Barry Ween, Boy Genius is another of my favourites. The last page of its final issue to date still gets to me.

"All right! Bovine Intervention!"

The Tick. Here's to Ben Edlund.

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-27, 01:17 PM
"Why don't you put the world in a bottle, Superman?" - Lex Luthor, Superman: Red Son Setting

It shows the inspiring yet horrifying power a man like Superman can grasp if he wanted to, all in the name of greater good.

Headless_Ninja
2008-05-27, 03:53 PM
"Lord, what fools these mortals be" - Dream, The Sandman (alright, so it's a quote from Shakespeare, but in the context, it was great and a perfect summary of his feelings)

Lord Galen
2008-05-27, 05:41 PM
"You didn't let the joker play."
&
"HULK SMASH!"
&
"I got better..."

comicshorse
2008-05-27, 07:02 PM
" This is were we stand or fall
We hold them here, or not at all."

Etrigan facing down the Archangel of War's host

Edan
2008-05-27, 07:42 PM
From Infinite Crisis, spoilered:
Earth-2 Superman smashes a car into Earth-1 Superman while screaming
"YOU KILLED MY WIFE!

That was amazing, not to mention the art in that particular panel was a callback to the cover for the first superman comic.

MisterSaturnine
2008-05-27, 07:59 PM
"Hello, Rorschach. How are you today?"
"In prison. Yourself?"

SteveMB
2008-05-27, 09:40 PM
"Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"
--The Joker, The Killing Joke

Lord Galen
2008-05-28, 02:38 PM
Excelsior!

Dalenthas
2008-05-28, 03:24 PM
"But before you die, I promise you, you will know suffering on a whole new level. And when I strip your life of all meaning..."
-The Red Skull's internal monologue while plotting to kill Captain America in issue 1 of Brubaker's awesometacular run...
Seriously, if you look at it one particular way, you can imagine that the entire Civil War was planned by the Skull just to destroy Cap's life...

HolderofSecrets
2008-05-28, 05:44 PM
"HULK SMASH!"

I am more inclined to the line "HULK SLASH!" from Hulk's arena battle with the Red King during the "Planet Hulk" story line. It makes me wish Hulk got in sword fights more often.

Dalenthas
2008-05-28, 08:57 PM
It's Clobberin' Time!

kpenguin
2008-05-28, 11:26 PM
"With great power comes great responsibility"

What? Its a classic!

chormin
2008-05-29, 12:17 PM
A brand new one that I really like comes outta final crisis

"Evil gods, evil people. Different universes, same dumb"

Dangerous Rex
2008-05-29, 03:03 PM
"Gaze into the face of Fear!"

followed by

"Gaze into the fist of Dredd!"

Judge Dredd at his best.

Dangerous Rex
2008-05-29, 03:09 PM
"Why don't you put the world in a bottle, Superman?" - Lex Luthor, Superman: Red Son Setting

And of course that quote works doubly well when you understand the role of Kandor in the DCU. A city of Kryptonians that have been miniturized within a bottle

Dihan
2008-05-29, 05:18 PM
"Don't you ninja monks ever shower? I mean, what are you...french?"
~Deadpool

Friv
2008-05-29, 06:13 PM
"Do you think this 'A' on my head stands for goddamned France?!"
- The Ultimates, Captain America

God, I hated that line. That was probably the single dumbest line in the entire Ultimates serial.

Anyway, two contributions:

"Still, we had some laughs, killed some folks, blew up stuff, and things didn't work out in the end. But so what? Everybody has bad days."
- The Joker, Joker/Mask

"Next - I'm rich again. Filthy with it. Sure, my new wife is dead, but she'd want me to quickly put tragedy behind me and find a way to go on. No, seriously. She even said that to me once in a scene we didn't have room to show you. What's that? I'm a lying sack of what? No, I swear, lots of scenes have to be cut from these stories all the time, strictly for space considerations, but she really did say it. I promise we'll include that scene when these issues get collected... if I can find it."

Jack ending an issue, Jack of Fables.

Logic
2008-05-29, 07:33 PM
A few of you might disagree, but:

"Castle may belong in a cage, but you belong in a straight-jacket."
Steve Rogers to Marc Spector, Moon Knight

Later:

Tony Stark: So, how did he look?

Marc Spector: He's Captain America. He looked like a g*****n hero.

Dalenthas
2008-05-29, 07:33 PM
And of course, the famous battle cry, "AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!".

cicely
2008-05-29, 09:30 PM
"Another Buick brought to justice!" -- Ambush Bug

Count D20
2008-05-29, 09:49 PM
I am trying to remember something i was shown from transmetropolitan.
Spider was saying something about voting. underground nightclub,surrounded by 1000 killers,thugs and whores. You want to watch republican reservation, they want to **** you with guns, switchblades and brand new sexual organs you've never even heard of. That's voting

Also Julia al Ghuls speech introducing doubt to Cassandra Cain.
the gist was basically,"You waste your talents beating up petty thieves and costumed buffoons while people are slaughtered by warlords,starve while food rots in western countries and die of easily treated diseases."
Basically the premise of the authority.

Project_Mayhem
2008-06-03, 08:16 AM
Captain Marvel: 'Give everybody my best. It's been nice ... Existing'

Wonder Woman: 'Say the word, warrior! Go out with a lion's roar!'

Captain Marvel: SHAZAM!

That would be his death scene in The Dark Knight strikes again

comicshorse
2008-06-03, 03:39 PM
" More than anything I have ever wanted. More than I want the Nazarene's heart on a ivory platter. More than I want to drown in angel's blood while the Lord of Hosts drowns in banshee excrement before me..
I want you Constantine. I will kill you a thousand, billion times..."

' HELLBLAZER' First of the Fallen to John Constantine

Rama_Lei
2008-06-10, 07:10 PM
"Help me find Dr. Light!"-Elongated Man-Identity Crisis

"The Titans may teach you how to be a family, and the JSA may teach you to be a family, and the League may teach you to save people. But from the beginning the League teaches you to fight"- Green Arrow-Identity Crisis

"He's not my boyfriend! She's my girlfriend! Sometimes..."-Runaways

Hairb
2008-06-11, 09:39 AM
"Sorry, Ratzi, but you're not leaving with that vibrator..." Lobster Johnson in Wierd Tales Issue #6
And who could forget
http://i28.tinypic.com/2nu22j5.jpg
Rasputin in Hellboy: Seed of Destruction

I'm a huge Hellboy fan, if you hadn't guessed.

TheEmerged
2008-06-12, 08:14 PM
"And we are NOT a couple!" Woody, repeatedly, Quantum & Woody. Seriously, the wall-crawling sequence from that issue deserves to be considered one of the top 3-5 moments in comic history, it just gets overlooked because it's comedy.

"Today, I learned a teenager with the power to level cities has a poster of me on his wall. That's a responsibility I don't think I'll ever be ready for." Superman to The Ray, in the Ray Annual. In my opinion, one of the most frightening lines in comic history (every time I get in front of the kids I help teach...).

wyattmtthws
2008-06-13, 10:01 PM
Wolverine in his sarcastically paranoia gesture...

"I know what you're thinkin', PuNk!"

:smallyuk:

Hectonkhyres
2008-06-14, 02:29 AM
'Holy Crap... Its a talking duck!'

Made awesome through repetition and the fact that said duck is smoking a cigar and toting an AK-47. Ah, Howard the Duck. Those were the good old days.

Jayngfet
2008-06-14, 02:42 AM
"Yes sir, we know you have a bomb"-Ultimate captain america, Ultimates 2.

Seeing as it was four fully armed superheroes versus some guy in a dynamite vest.

Dunesen
2008-06-22, 07:56 AM
"As long as one man stands against you, you can never claim total victory."

Captain America facing an omnipotent Thanos, Infinity Gauntlet.

I mean, what else can you say to a mad god trying to (literally) court death.

bosssmiley
2008-06-22, 09:50 AM
"For one day in every century Death takes a mortal life, in order to better understand the lives she ends..." - "Sandman" and "Death: High Cost of Living"

"I don't know if you can hear me out there. I don't even know if you have a language. But here's the deal [...] You may think the planet behind us is yours to use, but here's the news: this planet is under new management. This world is mine!" - Jenny Sparks in "The Authority", right before she electrocutes Wildstorm's Galactus-a-like

"Where the Hell did you come from?" - Midnighter
"Mummy did a naughty thing with Daddy and nine months later, there I was." - Jack Hawksmoor

"I've already fought this fight in my head a million times. I'm the only one who walks away." - Midnighter

"Huhurrh. Hello old chap. Hello. Welcome to England." - a horribly scorched Mr Hyde in "LXG" vol2, right before he kills and eats a Martian invader

"Be pure. Be vigilant. Behave." - Torquemada in "Nemesis the Warlock"

Wolfram
2008-06-22, 11:12 AM

The whole quote it so wonderful...

"Do it?
"Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villian. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?
"I did it thirty five minutes ago."

Wraith
2008-06-23, 07:01 PM
"The last time you inspired someone, was when you were dead."
Batman to Superman, Countdown to Infinite Crisis

...Just so cold, and to Superman of all people.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with BOTH guns!"
Ashley J. Williams, Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes

And 2 chainsaws, as it happened, which was even more fun :smalltongue:

BRC
2008-06-24, 07:32 PM
"It's alot like photography, except that we havn't killed any royalty with it...Yet. Good things come to those who wait."
"I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SHABBY ****, I'M A JOURNALIST!"
-Spider Jerusalem

Actually, transmet has about five gajillion great quotes.

kpenguin
2008-06-24, 10:30 PM
The whole quote it so wonderful...

"Do it?
"Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villian. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?
"I did it thirty five minutes ago."

Dude, not cool. BIG TIME WATCHMEN SPOILERS!:smallmad:

Jayngfet
2008-06-25, 01:58 AM
"What's one batman more or less?"-Superman.

Finn Solomon
2008-06-25, 08:23 AM
Dude, not cool. BIG TIME WATCHMEN SPOILERS!:smallmad:

Oh come off it. I saw your griping about a teeny tiny little spoiler in Kung Fu Panda. Any comic fan worth his salt should know about the Watchmen quote. Unless you personally have been affected by that spoiler, it's equally uncool to complain.

Grod_The_Giant
2008-06-25, 09:32 PM
Darkseid, in Rock of Ages

(setting the scene. We see a dead, burning planet. Our only view of Darkseid is a pair of black boots.)
"Vanity? New Genisis is a stinking cosmic sewer! I have fouled paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the gods. I have WON! Is this vanity? Then I will continue to remake the entire universe in my image. And when at last I turn and look at what I have wrought, and I see Darkseid as in a mirror...then I will know what fear is. <maniacal laughter>" (Spoken while grinding a lone flower under his heel.)

Maybe not the exact words, but imagine the scene and tell me a chill doesn't run down your spine.

And just about everything in GL: Rebirth (when combined with visuals, at least)
"Parallax is coming"

""Mr. Rayner has brought back a story from space. I'm listening...I'm listening for you. Sing for me, Kyle. Sing me a song of fear."

"Protect Hal Jordan's body. His soul...we may yet save it. And the universe itself."
"You better hope--"
"Hope is meaningless against fear, Green Lantern of sector 2814. Willpower is our only weapon."

"Who woke it up? Who could? Who would? Who else?"
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/kaboom43/sinestro.jpg

"Guy talks trash about every one of Jordan's old enemies. Always saying how "candy ass" Sonar is. Counting the times he's made Dr. Polaris cry. And it's a lot. But Sinestro? Guy never mentions Sinestro."

man, that was an awesome comic.

Dryken
2008-06-30, 05:04 PM
"You want to know about voting. I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground night-club filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pitbulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight. You like to put your feet up and watch "Republican Party Reservation". They like to have sex with normal people using knives, guns, and brand new sexual organs you did not even know existed. So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to **** you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome."

-Spider Jerusalem

TeChameleon
2008-07-01, 08:06 AM
Y'know, I've always been kind of partial to a later quote from the Rock of Ages storyline.

Batman and the time-lost Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Flash have invaded Darkseid's flagship, and Batman is throwing... well, essentially super-smoke-grenades all over the place and providing cover for the other three to chair-jack Metron.

Darkseid, understandably a bit peeved about all this, demands to know what's going on...

"You are not DeSaad... what madness is this? Who are you, gnat?"

Batman: "I'm the man who's taking away everything you've ever owned. Look up."

Cue a third of the moon going up in a massive explosion.

TheThan
2008-07-06, 02:29 AM
Just read this one today:

“HULK SMELL FOOD!”

-The Incredible Hulk

Zencao
2008-07-06, 09:11 AM
"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me?"

-John Constantine

Criti
2008-07-06, 02:13 PM
"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."

- Batman, in Superman/Batman #3

"Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...and deep down, I'm not"

- Batman, in Hush

"Our little trinity's symbolic nature intrigues me. Superman, clearly, fills the role of savior. Wonder Woman inspires others to acheive on their own. and Batman... ...scares the hell out of people?"

- Morgan La Fey, Trinity #4

chef781
2008-07-06, 03:47 PM
i like the quote in thor 296 from odin: "By the sacred spear! 'twould seem I now have all that either man or battle-god could desire. and yet my glory be not complete-- indeed, they ring hollow all about me."

translation: 'I have everything, and yet not enough'

Thufir
2008-07-06, 06:22 PM
"We do not choose sides. Countries are lines in the sand. Empires rise and fall. We are timeless. We will still be here tomorrow, and a hundred centuries from now."

"If you saw two groups of children arguing over which of them could play in some waste ground, would you choose sides?"

Eternals

sealemon
2008-07-07, 07:41 AM
So many awesome quotes to chose from, yet the two quotes I keep coming back to are:

"With great power comes great responsibility."

and

"In blackest day, in brightest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship Evil's might, beware my power...Green Lantern's Light."

Plus Frank Miller's DKR and his overlooked Ronin are both chock full of quote ables.

DarkEternal
2008-07-07, 03:20 PM
From the more recent ones:

Dr. Strange: "Your rage means NOTHING to me."

Saying it to the Hulk. Pity Strange is written like a retard/skrull these days, but that would be one kickarse quote. Only if it was followed with Strange ripping Hulk all over untold galaxies as a follow up that is.

Masked Jedi
2008-07-07, 06:28 PM
This is somewhat spoilery, but I doubt anyone doesn't know this, as it is one of the most famous arcs ever.

"Scott!"
"Jean"

- The Dark Pheonix Saga.

And pretty much Jean's entire monologue before it. Best. Death. Ever.

Telmaski
2008-07-08, 02:40 PM
"Human beings can kick the crap out of anything." ~Nick Fury (Ultimate Extinction)

Paraphrased until I can get home and get the exact quote:
"I left you alive to tell others, Hulk has no fear." ~Hulk after beating Trauma.

Klaz Eidron
2008-07-08, 03:38 PM
The crowning moment of awesome in Watchmen:

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

-Ozymandias

EDIT: Argh, it's been posted twice.

sikyon
2008-07-10, 01:22 PM
DAMN YOU AND YOUR LEMONADE!!!

-ASB&RTBW

I SAY THEE NEIIIIGHHH!!!!!

-Horse Thor

Ethrael
2008-07-10, 03:58 PM
Most of Joss Whedon's:

White Queen: Glad you could make it, would be better if you were here on time.

Shadowcat: I'm sorry, I was too busy putting clothes on.

Or

Runaways, run away!!

BRC
2008-07-10, 10:11 PM
Needs moar Transmet.
"The tall one with the muscles is my bodyguard Channon. The short one with the scowl is Yelena, my acting assistant. I'm Josef Stalin."
-Spider Jerusalem.

Thufir
2008-07-20, 06:24 AM
"Time and space are extensions of the mind. The will. Which means that infinity is a purely local phenomenon. You can turn over a stone and find it crawling there. Or you can make it yourself out of whatever materials are to hand. I am my own army. A million times more numerous than yours."

Lucifer

alchemyprime
2008-07-23, 03:09 AM
My favorite bit from Marvel ZOmbies. Giant-Man... well...

He has a drugged human Black Panther on a table and is going to saw off his foot to eat it. It's just one creepy zombie monolouge.

Just to warn you, it's creepy.

"You awake? Hello? T'Challa?
"Good. I'm glad you're unconscious. I thought maybve the sedative might have run out. The mask helps my conscience, but not as much when you're squirming.
"I was going to do some work today. See if I could figure some things out. Sadly, the meal I had earlier isn't going to last long enough for me to keep a clear head. Looks like I'm going to have to carve off another piece.
"You don't have a preference, do you? I figured I'd start in on your legs before I finished off your arm.
"Y'know--- the others would kill me if they knew you were down here. They wouldn't understand. You'd be gone and I'd always be hungry. Can't think when I'm hungry. You understand, don't you?
"Don't worry- I always clean the tools after I use them. Never know when I'm going to come down here in a rush needing a bite to eat. And I don't want you getting infected- with min eor any other disease of infection.
"I need you here- human- for as long as I can hold out."

He starts to saw.

"You understand, right? I don't enjoy this- I think it's sick. I do it for the good of us all. I like to think that if I didn't keep you here so drugged you'd volunteer for this.
"That said, I'm not going to let the drugs wear off so I can ask- so I guess I am a monster."

He sews up the knee.

"You want to hear something really scary? Well, something that scares me at least.
"I like the way flesh tastes. Really, I do. If I were to somehow find a cure for whatever's going on with us- if things went back to the way they were- or as close as they could get- I think I'd still eat people.
"That terrifies me. Really.
"The scary part is that it's the only thing about all this that terrifies me. And I just sawed off a friends foot off so I can eat it."

If that didn't creep you out, nothing will.

Shatteredtower
2008-07-23, 12:14 PM
"Come on, Peter, they're playing our song." -- Mary Jane Watson
"Kung fu Fighting" is our song? -- Peter Parker

From some Spider-Man title, written back in the late 70s.

Green Bean
2008-07-23, 01:08 PM
Big Barda: Some cheap hood was in the car...threatened me with a knife--told me my "hubby" had better be good or else.

Mister Miracle: My God! Is he alright?

Dunesen
2008-07-23, 02:41 PM
My favorite bit from Marvel ZOmbies. Giant-Man... well...

He has a drugged human Black Panther on a table and is going to saw off his foot to eat it. It's just one creepy zombie monolouge.

Just to warn you, it's creepy.

"You awake? Hello? T'Challa?
"Good. I'm glad you're unconscious. I thought maybve the sedative might have run out. The mask helps my conscience, but not as much when you're squirming.
"I was going to do some work today. See if I could figure some things out. Sadly, the meal I had earlier isn't going to last long enough for me to keep a clear head. Looks like I'm going to have to carve off another piece.
"You don't have a preference, do you? I figured I'd start in on your legs before I finished off your arm.
"Y'know--- the others would kill me if they knew you were down here. They wouldn't understand. You'd be gone and I'd always be hungry. Can't think when I'm hungry. You understand, don't you?
"Don't worry- I always clean the tools after I use them. Never know when I'm going to come down here in a rush needing a bite to eat. And I don't want you getting infected- with min eor any other disease of infection.
"I need you here- human- for as long as I can hold out."

He starts to saw.

"You understand, right? I don't enjoy this- I think it's sick. I do it for the good of us all. I like to think that if I didn't keep you here so drugged you'd volunteer for this.
"That said, I'm not going to let the drugs wear off so I can ask- so I guess I am a monster."

He sews up the knee.

"You want to hear something really scary? Well, something that scares me at least.
"I like the way flesh tastes. Really, I do. If I were to somehow find a cure for whatever's going on with us- if things went back to the way they were- or as close as they could get- I think I'd still eat people.
"That terrifies me. Really.
"The scary part is that it's the only thing about all this that terrifies me. And I just sawed off a friends foot off so I can eat it."

If that didn't creep you out, nothing will.

MZ has some pretty great stuff, just such a nice pace that the zombies have intelligence in this story. But damn straight, that whole bit is great. Same vein as Spider-Man's guilt, but nowhere as wangsty.

Blayze
2008-07-23, 02:55 PM
"Ever since 1917, Stalin has been able to manage the energy of decay! Hitler, your weapon has only given me new strengths!"

From Stalin vs Hitler. Yes, you read that right.

---

"So what made you want to be a super hero? Was it the clothes?"
"The mask, I guess."
"Why?"
"So I could hit people in the face really really hard and run away and no one would know it was me."
"What was your super hero name?"
"Captain ****."
"You're kidding me."
"Nope. I was Captain ****."
"Why, for God's sake?"
"Hey, I'm from Brookly. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly? Hell, no. Captain ****. I met Captain American once. He asked me what my name was."
"And you said Captain ****."
"Man, he beat seven shades of it out of me. Left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth."

From Nextwave #01.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot this. I just couldn't do it justice with just a transcription, though... This is Dirk Anger of H.A.T.E., greeting some new recruits (Also from Nextwave #01).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Blayze/DinnerIsMeat.jpg

jerichodrumm
2008-07-23, 10:11 PM
"Bwahaha!" Booster Gold/Blue Beetle during the JLI years.

"Is that a neural impactor? Do they still make those?" Mongul to Wonder Woman in probably one of the best Superman stories EVAR!

"Face Front True Believers!" & "'Nuff Said!" The Immortal Stan Lee

Friv
2008-07-24, 12:20 PM
"I'm evicting you from the body, brain-lover!"

- A malfunctioning Sentinel takes issue with its own head in Livewires.

potatocubed
2008-07-25, 06:57 AM
"The day I can't mutilate thirty radioactive teenagers is the day I hang up this coat for good." -The Midnighter

One of my favourites from The Authority

Jack_Banzai
2008-08-09, 05:44 PM
"Don't talk about free meter while I have an automatic weapon in my hands!"

-unnamed policeman fighting ninjas, Man-Eating Cow

Scorpina
2008-08-09, 06:13 PM
"Bees. My God." - Batman, Amazons Attack!