PDA

View Full Version : Most... Plothooks... Ever?

Maerok
2008-05-27, 06:41 PM
What would be the build/backstory for the most insanely backstory-laden PC ever? I'm sure some of us are guilty for encroaching on this territory.

ashmanonar
2008-05-27, 07:00 PM
What would be the build/backstory for the most insanely backstory-laden PC ever? I'm sure some of us are guilty for encroaching on this territory.

I've got a Crusader/Warblade Dwarf that is both a Sergeant of the Guard of his home city, and a member of an ancient secret society that is dedicated to hunting evil mages. (Well, originally started to hunt evil mages, but they branched out into hunting Undead and Outsiders.)

I'm sure some people have more than that, but it's already pretty complicated for me. Trying to keep track of what I can and can't talk about (while dropping hints here and there...)

Farmer42
2008-05-27, 07:14 PM
I have a four page write-up somewhere for one of my character's imp familiar. Used to be a Pit Feind general before he pissed someone higher up in the food chain off and got dumped down to imp status and all sorts of other misadventures before being summoned completely by accident to be the character's familiar.

Prometheus
2008-05-27, 07:26 PM
Again, I can hardly claim the title, but I've got one I favor:
A royal child lived 1000 years ago in a beautiful kingdom. Unfortunately some world scarring monster/disaster wiped out the entire place, and all the surrounding villages. Fast-forward today, when researchers are still puzzled and afraid, and therefore resort to resurrecting the protagonist. The protagonist is suffering from a little bit of memory loss, being a child, witnessing a traumatic event, and being entombed for a long time - and therefore is of little help. However he has the epic quest of a) preventing the recurrence b) recovering the pieces of his kingdom's history c) adapting to modern society. Bonus points if he recognizes someone, or if he remembers something new.

The Necroswanso
2008-05-27, 08:05 PM
I once had a character with a 12 page backstory of his life spanning 14,000 years. It was how he spent his life gaining, losing, and regaining deific ranks while fighting against Set.
He was killed, had part of his brain removed, and reincarnated so that he had lost all knowledge of his magic and had to start over.

de-trick
2008-05-27, 09:13 PM
hope nexus does not hate for this but......meet neshi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=25993)

i DMed his character PbP and it became even bigger, ended up having 3 different spirts in him, he was even close to becoming a Half-demon from one

Soup of Kings
2008-05-28, 09:46 PM
I had a player once who met all of his mates in a pub, and they heard that there was a dragon hoarding gold nearby, and so they went and got it...

Did I win?

drengnikrafe
2008-05-28, 10:10 PM
I once wrote up a character who had an 8 page backstory...
Oh, wait, I forgot... It had 1 plothook ability coming out of it. Sorry, nevermind.

LostOne
2008-05-28, 10:43 PM
Amnesia. Then everyone can make up your back story as you go along.