PDA

View Full Version : And yet... no Midnight sea (PEACH)

AugustNights
2008-05-27, 07:53 PM
Holy Diver
‘Keep your eyes low, and you’ll never see the Warriors falling out of the skies.’ ~A Dwarven Metaphor.

The Holy Diver has little or nothing to do with any of the churches, rather it is a title offered to the fierce warriors who throw all caution literally to the wind. These maniacs have learned to use their surroundings to their benefit and charge into battle with more zeal than the most pious of paladins. Becoming a Holy Diver involves completely throwing away all fears of heights, and learning swiftly that it’s not the fall that kills one, but rather the terrible splat at the end.

Prerequisites

To qualify to become a Holy Diver, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria.

Base Attack Bonus: +7
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Leap Attack, and Iron Will.
Skills: Jump 8, Climb 8, Intimidate 5
Special: Must have survived at least a 50 foot fall.

Hit Die: d12.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Table: The Holy Diver

Lvl /BaB /Fort /Ref /Will /Special

1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Ride the Tiger
2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Race for the Morning
3rd +3 +3 +3 +1 Hide in the Sun
4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Between the Velvet Lies
5th +5 +4 +4 +1 A Truth that is Hard as Steel
6th +6 +5 +5 +2 Never Ending Wheel
7th +7 +5 +5 +2 Star of the Masquerade
8th +8 +6 +6 +2 Jump on the Tiger
9th +9 +6 +6 +3 Sole Survivor
10th +10 +7 +7 +3 Never Cut in the Middle

Class Skills: The Holy Diver’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).

All of the following are class features of the golden fiddle prestige class.

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: The Holy Diver gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Ride the Tiger (Ex): At 1st level the Holy Divers takes less damage from falling, when the Holy Diver takes falling damage, half of it is non-lethal damage.

Race for the Morning (Ex): At 2nd level the Holy Diver learns to use falling as a momentum bonus to damage to his attacks. When making a Leap Attack, the Holy Diver adds an additional +2 to damage for every 10 feet he falls. (So the higher a Holly Diver jumps, or the farther he falls.) This is bonus to damage cannot exceed +20. Leap attacks, may also now be made by jumping off of things down towards opponents, this still requires at least 10ft of distance traveled.

Hide in the Sun (Ex): At 3rd level the Holy Diver can take 10 on any Climb or Jump check, even while under stressful situations. Also, the Holy Diver may climb at his base land speed at a -10 penalty. The Holy diver may augment the arc of a long jump. The Holy Diver may reach a higher or lower pinnacle when distance jumping. For every foot that he or she would like to change his or her pinnacle the Holy Diver adds 5 to his or her Jump Check DC.

Between the Velvet Lies (Ex): At 4th level the Holy Diver’s size seems to have made him or her a prime target for more lies and mind-compulsion spells than others. The Holy Diver is not pleased by this, thus the holy diver begins doubting people and magics. The Holy Diver receives a +2 bonus on saves against enchantment spells, and a bonus equal to his or her Holy Diver’s class level to Sense Motive Checks.

A Truth that is Hard as Steel (Ex): At 5th level the Holy Diver’s bones and flesh have slowly adapted to the fact that the Holy Diver lives simply to destroy his or her body. The Holy Diver gains a +2 natural armor bonus. Also the Holy Diver gains a Slam attack that may be made in conjunction with any type of charge. This slam deals damage as a great-club appropriately sized for the Holy Diver. (Spiked Armor increases the damage dealt by this by 1+ any enchantment bonus) This is a natural weapon.

Never Ending Wheel (Ex): At 6th level the Holy Diver learns the absolute potency of throwing his or her body around. After making a charge that falls an opponent, the Holy diver may make a second charge, however this must be a leap attack that does not exceed a distance greater than the Holy Diver’s base land speed.[ If falling straight down, it may not exceed 350 ft.] This second charge does not gain the +2 to attack as normal, but it does receive the bonus to damage from ‘Race for Morning.’ A Holy Diver may only use Never Ending Wheel once per round, and he may not use it in conjunction with cleave or greater cleave.

Star of the Masqurade (Ex): At 7th level the Holy Diver gains insight on exactly how to defy gravity. A Holy Diver may now take 15 on all Jump and Climb checks. The Holy Diver also may move at one half his base land speed without taking a penalty, and can move his normal speed at a -5 penalty. He or she may also climb at one and a half his Base-land speed at a -10 penalty. When making a high jump the Holy Diver divides his check by 2, instead of four. When modifying the pinnacle of a long jump the Holy diver adds 3 to the DC for ever foot augmented.

Jump on the Tiger (Ex): The Holy Diver scoffs at the concept of falling great lengths, at 8th level the Holy Diver takes only half damage from falling, in addition, all of this damage is non-lethal.

Sole Survivor (Ex): At 9th level the Holy Diver becomes a terribly dangerous foe, especially while falling. When falling from any distance greater than 30ft, a Holy Diver may make a full-attack, full-attack action, or any combat action that requires a standard action at the end of his charge, he gains a +2 circumstance bonus to any action that he or she takes.

Never cut in the Middle (Ex): At 10th level the Holy Diver’s ability to charge head-first into battle is unparalleled by any other. When making a charge action the Holy Diver no longer takes the -2 to AC, and gains an additional +4 to attack. (This increases the circumstance bonus from Sole Survivor to +4.) Additionally, as a Swift action the Holy Diver may use an intimidate check to Demoralize the opponent he or she is charging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, I apologize for any spelling/grammatical errors.

Second of all, I apologize, but I still don't really understand how to make an appropriate table.

Third of all, while this class is a joke, and a Dio-Fan creation, I do actually intend to use it for one of my campaigns, and thus would like some constructive feed back. This is meant as a Prestige class for Fighters, Rangers or Barbarians...Thanks!
~ChumpLump

The Necroswanso
2008-05-27, 07:59 PM
You're the reason Dio is loosing more hair, aren't you?

Honestly, I don't know how to take this class. It says PEACH, but I don't know if it's possible to take this class seriously.

AugustNights
2008-05-27, 08:07 PM
I know the class is silly in name and in creation, but I seriously have a friend who always plays a mad-man martialist who is always jumping off of things. This friend is also a bit of a Dio fan, so I made this class mostly for him, and as I made it I was reminded of the Dwarves that threw themselves into battle all covered in spikes, that R.A. Salvatore wrote about. (At least that's what I gather from a Drizzt fan player.) Anywhat, I would like it to be a viable prestige class. Even though it doesn't really create a new niche for playing, and isn't terribly necessary.

The Necroswanso
2008-05-27, 08:11 PM
I can see where it would play in some high practicality, t'would be indeed good for dungeons designed like sunless citadel; with cliffs and rocks, and kobolds everywhere.
It would also be a good PrC for a Dwarven Barbarian.