PDA

View Full Version : Good multiclass combo for a Hexblade?

Thurbane
2008-05-27, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm toying with the concept of a multiclassed Hexblade character. I was thinking of taking 3 levels of Hexblade for Arcane Resistance and Mettle, as well as martial weapon proficiency.

I'm not that interested in taking many more levels in Hexblade, but rather switching to another class that relies on CHA, like maybe Bard, (Battle) Sorcerer, Marshal or Knight, then possibly going into a PrC.

The build is theoretical at the moment, probably a 32-point buy.

Just fishing for ideas at the moment...

Armads
2008-05-27, 10:23 PM
Hexblade 4 (using Dark Companion from PHB2)/Paladin of Tyranny (or Slaughter, AFB right now)

You could take the feats Bind Vestige and Practiced Binder (or Improved Bind Vestige, unsure) for Focalor, then you can run around with -6 to saves for everything adjacent to you. without the Bind Vestige combo, it'll 'just' be -4. (From Tome of Magic)

It also lets you add 2x Cha to saves against spells (1x Cha to saves otherwise), so it makes for great Cha synergy.

A level of Bard for Snowflake Wardance might be good too (adds Cha to attack rolls for one handed slashing weapons). From Frostburn

Bauglir
2008-05-27, 11:08 PM
You might try Arcane Duelist. Don't take too many levels, as it's the only melee class with half base attack bonus that I've ever seen (although level 10 is tasty). But Cha to AC ain't bad. I'm also trying Chaotician from the Planar Handbook for even more "shutting down enemies" fun.

Swooper
2008-05-28, 07:50 AM
I'm currently playing a Hexblade 8/Marshal 4//Dragon Shaman 12 gestalt character. I'm LN so I can't take Paladin of Tyranny myself, but I like this combo. I'm simultaneously buffing my allies (auras), debuffing my enemies (Dark companion) AND doing fun stuff like cursing, casting a spell or just laying the smackdown in mêlée.

I don't know how useful this is to you, the Dragon Shaman is pretty useless in a regular multiclass, but really shines in gestalt, imho. A marshal dip is probably worth it for you though. Knight isn't usually a good idea to multiclass with, since many of their abilities are dependant on class levels.