PDA

View Full Version : Expanding my RPG Horizons - The World of Darkness?

Maerok
2008-05-27, 11:27 PM
http://www.amazon.com/World-Darkness-White-Wolf-Studio/dp/1588464849/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Is the World of Darkness any good (assuming this is the latest version listed above, or was there a 2007 version; the book I saw in person had a different title look)? I've been branching out a lot lately into SW Saga, Nobilis, etc. and making attempts at a streamlined one of my own.

I was killing time in Barnes and Noble when I found WoD on the shelf. It looks interesting and seems similar to my passing glances at Vampires. The character sheet fits one side of a page, which is the way I'd like to move in. I'll be heading back to college in a few months, and plan to start up DMing. WoD seems like a good bit of action-based horror, so I guess it's worth the price.

Another question is: what books? Armory and a bestiary seem standard, but the simpler stat system makes homebrewing either on the fly much easier. I like to start off with the main book and one 'thematic' one (I got LM in the mail before PHB :smalltongue:).