PDA

View Full Version : A Day in the Playground

SoD
2008-05-28, 07:50 AM
Basically, if you, the playgrounders, could go back and relive a full day in your life, any day, which day? Why? What happened? Would you do anything differently?

For me, it would have to be the day(s) of my Get Lost SoD party, before my exchange. From noon to noon.

At noon the first day, Josh arrived. And I started helping him with his very first DnD character (a Gnome Ninja). The lucky bastard rolled two 18's and a 16. The three stats I'd rolled for him to show him how it works were 11, 10 and 13. Over the course of the evening, more people arrived, a bit of alcahol was distributed (but not heaps. Just enough for some fun). At 2030...I went over, switched the music off (to peoples displeasure) and annouced: ''Doctor Who is on now.''. And we watched Doctor Who. 25 or so people, teenagers, watching 'Daleks take Manhattan'. Oh, and I had a glass of vodka during the viewing. Not a shot glass, a glass. With some Ginger Beer thrown in. Half the people had no idea what was going on, but the other half did. We all gasped at the Daleks, and at what the Doctor could do with that sonic screwdriver (even light bunsen burners! Amazing...).

During the night, people started heading off, but several people (namely Josh, Cat, Captain and Laura) stayed the night. That morning (0300ish), myself, Laura and Josh all went for a walk. After spending a while mucking about on the playground at Blackmans Bay Primary, we started talking, and Josh, after a while, left. Which left me and Laura. We talked. About stuff. After a while talking, we went back home, and got some sleep.

The next morning, the five of us watched Blackadder. With Me and Laura holding hands under the covers. *sigh* another month and I'll be home again.

Why? Quite simple, time with friends, a few gifts, I had a bit (not too much) to drink, got to do a bit with both my nerdy activities (DnD and Doctor Who) as well as a midnight walk, and time with Laura.

If I could do it again? I would've tried letting Laura know how I felt while we were talking under the moonlight, and kissed her as the first beams of sunrise crept over the horizon. Why didn't I? Got scared, paniced. Next time...

What about you guys?

Felixaar
2008-05-28, 07:53 AM
Definetly the day I kissed Rach for the first (and second, and third, and...) time :smallredface: though all I need is that night.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-28, 08:01 AM
Last years valentine's day.
Not telling why, a bit logical. I'm single and...

I would do lots of things different. And it'd change my future even upto this day most likely.

Player_Zero
2008-05-28, 08:38 AM
Being the wasp of bitterness, hate and regret that I am I have nothing but memories of things that I did wrong. If I could relive any day I wanted, I would relive my life but that'd be too much hassle.

Hmmm... A specific day? Probably not.

Groundhog
2008-05-28, 10:02 AM
I'd probably relive the day when I found out that I wasn't going from my horrible middle school to the horrible high school that's attached to it, but instead to the high school that I'd wanted to go to.