PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stark VS. Angus MacGyver

SilverSheriff
2008-05-28, 10:07 AM
both are put in their own enviroments for 6 months with pieces of scrap to make gadgets out of, they can make anything they want and the following questions must be answered.

Who do you think will win?
Why? What do you think they will make?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark will win.
Because he built the first Iron Man suit in a Cave with scraps. He will build a Suit of Armour and a BB-Gun that uses Pen Springs to shoot small pieces metal shrapnel at a high Velocity, hitting MacGyver causing him to bleed slowly, then burning him to death with a 'Glorified Cigarette-lighter'.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-05-28, 10:17 AM
With six months development time? I have to give this one to Tony. MacGyver's strength is in his speed and ingenuity, not formal weapons design. Without the "no rush" limititation, Mac probably beats him on the draw by creating some disabling weapon in a matter of minutes while Tony is still tweaking his blueprints.

Given materials similar to the Iron Man film, I predict Mac wins in ten minutes with a crude taser or, with a little more investigation of the local flora, maybe some knockout darts. With a six month development time, Tony probably gets his full ARC-powered suit on and smacks Mac (in, let's say, an ethanol-fueled tank) down with some rockets and a punch to the face.

Actually, what's the victory condition here? The odds of either of these guys intentionally killing the other are almost nil. Knockout? Capture? How long does the opponent have to stay captured?

Green Bean
2008-05-28, 10:26 AM
Tony Stark, obviously. Why? He's the cool exec with the heart of steel. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wn4iYoMcAA) :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-05-28, 03:17 PM
MacGyver can only win if he can attack Stark before the end of the the 6 month thing. He's good at coming up with things instantly on the spot, not at long term planning. Stark wins if he's protected for 6 months because by then he'll have figured out a way to make MacGyver drop dead just by looking at him.

Gaelbert
2008-05-28, 04:54 PM
Remember, the materials Stark had access to in the cave weren't primitive. The terrorrists had a good amount of Stark's company's own weaponry, so Stark knew exactly what was in them.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-28, 10:29 PM
Its knock-out and Both of them have whatever they need to make whatever they want, maps of the area and a basic idea on the local Fauna and Flora and most of all they have information on their opponent.

Eakin
2008-05-28, 11:48 PM
Macguyver is a minimalist. He can make some neat stuff for the current situation out of whatever is available but there's no evidence he can even conceive of anything that Stark can whip up.

If they were both tied up in a cave somewhere, or locked in a utility closet, Macguyver could break out first. Otherwise, after the first day or two Stark in a lock.

RobotPerfomance
2008-05-29, 12:31 AM
The only thing saving Stark is the 6 month time frame. MacGyver could capture Stark in about 40 min. With some sort of home made stun weapon But if Stark gets to build a super weapon it is harder, but Mac still wins. Why you may ask because MacGyver is cooler.

poleboy
2008-05-29, 01:10 AM
I'm not so sure Stark will necessarily win in the long run. It's doubtful he could build anything as advanced as an iron man suit or a similar super weapon from random scraps. MacGyver however, can make something useful out of anything. I think we need a bit more info on the materials they're using.

Rutee
2008-05-29, 01:24 AM
I'm not so sure Stark will necessarily win in the long run. It's doubtful he could build anything as advanced as an iron man suit or a similar super weapon from random scraps. MacGyver however, can make something useful out of anything. I think we need a bit more info on the materials they're using.

You know the string and bubblegum wrapper Mac usually gets? He also gets gum. :smallbiggrin:

SilverSheriff
2008-05-29, 02:00 AM

Anything they need to make whatever.

poleboy
2008-05-29, 02:35 AM
Then Stark wins, I suppose. MacGyver's not really a super-scientist, he's quick on his feet and creative, with a basic knowledge of science.