PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Kingdom Hearts games

galpha7
2008-05-28, 08:21 PM
First thread WOOT!!!

Ok, I know that there are many people out there who have played these games, and I also know that somebody sometime has already made a thread on them. But oh well. This isn't about the old games, it's about the new 4.

Kingdom hearts 358/2 days for the DS.
Kingdom hearts Birth by Sleep for the PSP.
Kingdom hearts Coded for moble platforms.
And Kingdom hearts 3 for the PS3.

This thread is open to anyone who wants to discuss storyline possibilities or to just say that you like the series.

DraPrime
2008-05-29, 04:07 PM
They're making more? Oh god no. :smalleek: I can't stand another simultaneous desecration of my favorite childhood cartoons and all that is good in final fantasy at the same time. It would just be too painful.

Haruki-kun
2008-05-29, 04:22 PM
Awww..... it's gonna be for the PS3????? Now I won't ever get to play it..... :smallfrown:

I wanna know what happens next!!!

Eakin
2008-05-29, 06:42 PM
Sounds like Square-Enix found a new cash cow to squeeze until they've wrung every last penny from its corpse. I enjoy the games, even if they are a bit easy and button mashy at times, but I can't say that I'm dying to see where they go with the story. All the Dark/Light/Nobody/Heartless stuff they grafted onto the basic Disney stuff always struck me as confusing and unnecessary.

Oh, and just to put this in perspective, with these there are now 7 KH games on 6 different systems. I can't afford that!

Rogue 7
2008-05-29, 11:35 PM
Shame it'll be out for PS3. I might pick up the DS version.

Icewalker
2008-05-30, 01:04 AM
The other three on the handheld platforms are weird prequel deals. Like Chain of Memories, ie, they don't really matter. Just kinda extra with a little possible extra background.

I'm looking forward to KH3. Good games.

Drascin
2008-05-30, 05:54 AM
The other three on the handheld platforms are weird prequel deals. Like Chain of Memories, ie, they don't really matter. Just kinda extra with a little possible extra background.

I'm looking forward to KH3. Good games.

Chain of memories was fun, though, so I fail to see the problem. And it did matter - if you didn't play it, you'll miss a lot about Namine and the whole reason Sora is put into a freezer for the beginning of KH2. Though they did contradict Riku's CoM ending on KH2, but that's Square for you, King of Broken Aesops.

And yeah, KH is a pretty cool series - I rather like the frenetic combat system. A pity it's going to be in PS3, though. Well, or not - I'd have had to get one anyway because of Disgaea 3, so...

Jibar
2008-05-30, 06:37 AM

Well... not Birth By Sleep.
For those of you who unlocked the secret ending in Kingdom Hearts II and then dutifully scanned the internets until someone posted the secret ending from Kingdom hearts II Final Mix+ (give me a Europe release already you rat bastards!), then you'll know fully well that both endings are about Birth by Sleep. Final Mix+ also featured a new secret boss based on the game.
Unfortunately, this probably means that Birth by Sleep will be kinda important. 358/2 Days, Coded, not so much. Birth by Sleep, yes apparantly.
Which means I've got to buy a PSP at some point, and then a PS3. My need for Kingdom Hearts will overcome all monetary issues.

galpha7
2008-05-30, 09:54 AM
I just read a spoiler on KH3, and evidently it will possibly be for the Wii. It's not confirmed yet, but Square and Disney are attempting to get a contract with Nintendo. If you look at how well the series has done so far I assume that they will get the contract. And if they don't Nintendo will probably have made a very stupid mistake.

Skippy
2008-05-30, 02:20 PM
I just read a spoiler on KH3, and evidently it will possibly be for the Wii. It's not confirmed yet, but Square and Disney are attempting to get a contract with Nintendo. If you look at how well the series has done so far I assume that they will get the contract. And if they don't Nintendo will probably have made a very stupid mistake.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wikipedian_protester.png

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:51 PM
:smalleek:Nintendo make a MISTAKE? how could that happen?!?
Sadly, I kid:smallannoyed:

I remember I got KH 1 by mistake, meaning to get 2. Loved it. got 2. Liked it. Chain of memories? Pretty gun. So I look forward to kh3.

Jibar
2008-06-01, 01:46 AM
*Citation Needed*

There's always been rumours about Kingdom Hearts going to Nintendo. Square and Nintendo's background helps, as does the general "kiddy" image when compared to the Disney elements. The appearance of Chain of Memories on the GBA also made people think it. Now with 358/2, some people just think the Wii is the next step.
I remember there was an interview where the team did seriously discuss the Wii and were dropping little hints that they might be working on a Wii game, though that might have just been Dragon Warriors Swords. Can't remember where that interview was now dammit.

galpha7
2008-06-01, 04:08 PM
Here are the two websites I get my Kingdom Hearts Info from.

http://www.kingdomhearts3.net

http://www.kh2.co.uk

You can find all the interviews back in the post archives I think...

JadedDM
2008-06-02, 01:28 AM
There has been no announcement for Kingdom Hearts 3. Granted, it's almost assured they will make one. However, no official announcement has been made. Anyone claiming to know what system it will be on is simply speculating. Anyone claiming to know ANYTHING about KH3 whatsoever, is speculating.

SerenityKry
2008-06-03, 08:45 AM
I enjoy the games Square puts out but when they start doing this sort of stuff it kind of urks me. Take FF13 into example, how many different fliipin' games are they going to make!? I only need one and I don't care what console you put it on.
So, to see them doing something very similar with Kingdom Hearts doen't surprise me but does bother me. I like getting the entire experience out of a storyline, I shouldn't have to have X amount of consoles so I can buy X amount of games just to get a full and complete understanding of the story. Oh well.

I'm sure KH3 will eventually be made and I'm sure it will be for the PS3, Nintendo does have a share in the process but from what I've heard they don't have a very huge say so. I remember reading somwhere quite some time ago that Nintendo were very hands on for the first KH but are pretty much letting Square lead on with the rest.

All in all I do enjoy Kingdom Hearts though and will probably buy into anything they put out jsut because I like to game and the thought of having more portable KH makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I do most of my gaming at work... I mean really, who needs to actually work at work. Pfft...