PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Vasharan and Jerren (Vile Darkness Rides Again)

Xefas
2008-05-29, 09:12 AM
In the beginning, Heironeous said "Let there be heroes!" and it was so. When Hextor gazed down upon these creatures, a single idea spawned within his mind. "You know, those would look much better with goatees."

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_11.jpg

Vasharan
Abilities: +2 to any one ability score
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal
----
Languages: Common, Abyssal
----
Bonus Feat: 1 extra bonus feat
Corrupted Power: One extra at-will power from their base class list. However, any damage this bonus power deals is Necrotic damage.
Unheavened: You have Resist Radiant 1 + 1/2 your level

Jerren
Abilities: +2 Dex, +2 Cha
Size: Small
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal
----
Languages: Common, Abyssal
Skills: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Thievery
----
Mentally Scarred: +5 racial bonus on saving throws against fear
Defense Bonus: +1 Reflex

{table=head]Bad Luck (Jerren Racial Power)
The dark gods of chaos and chance smile upon you, while frowning upon your enemies.
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt * Personal
Effect: When an attack hits you, force the enemy to roll the attack again. The enemy uses the reroll, even if it is lower. If the enemy ends up missing with the reroll, then they also take your dexterity modifier in damage.[/table]

------

Racial Feats

Sadistic Surge
You become caught up in the violence of the moment, letting loose with a lust for inflicting pain that rivals the very demons that nurtured your race.
Requirements: Heroic Tier, Vasharan
Benefit: When you spend an action point to perform an action that deals damage to something, you deal an additional 4 points of damage.

Jerren Agility
Your frequent reversals of fate are often bloodier than they should be.
Requirements: Heroic Tier, Jerren, Bad Luck racial ability
Benefit: When an enemy takes damage from your Bad Luck racial ability, they take an additional 3 points of damage.

Valairn
2008-05-29, 09:31 AM
In the beginning, Heironeous said "Let there be heroes!" and it was so. When Hextor gazed down upon these creatures, a single idea spawned within his mind. "You know, those would look much better with goatees."

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:
:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Pure genius. These seem fine as well, from what 4th edition material I've seen so far.

purepolarpanzer
2008-05-29, 09:37 AM

Other than the fact that these gods don't exist (maybe they do in your world, though! YAY making your own fluff rather than whining) these are both really cool. A step towards the sinister.

Xefas
2008-05-29, 10:59 PM
Pure genius.
:smallbiggrin: Thanks.

Other than the fact that these gods don't exist (maybe they do in your world, though! YAY making your own fluff rather than whining) these are both really cool.

Yeah, I'm still using the Great Wheel cosmology with the Greyhawk pantheon. Don't get me wrong; the new fluff is okay. I certainly have no qualms against playing in a game using that fluff. It's just...I like DMing stuff involving the Great Wheel more and I'm the primary DM of my group. I like the Blood War a lot. I like the Upper Planes fighting the Lower Planes who are also fighting the Lower Planes who are all simultaneously using the Prime Material as a big chessboard in their struggle for power.

I also like Giant Frogs and Robots being diametrically opposed.

A step towards the sinister.
That's what I was going for. Humans and Halflings with an evil twist to them, rather than a whole new race. Works great when you want a Linear Guild style adversary.