PDA

View Full Version : Elementals and me

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-29, 11:28 AM
There's a deity-level game in the works that I'm working on a character for, and I've hit a bit of a sticking point. My deity is the embodiment of the elements (air, earth, fire, and water). We get a 'Choir' of critters that populate our divine realm, which in my case is elementals of all flavors. The problem is that we also have a 'Head' of the Choir, which I have so far been unable to locate a decent creature for. I am aware of the MMIII's Omnimental, but given both their size and their preference for violence, I'm planning on using them to let my divine displeasure be known.

Are there any other critters that bring all four elements into a single being?

bosssmiley
2008-05-29, 11:38 AM
There's the Unraveler in the "Planar Handbook" (aka the OD&D 'menglis'). They're spirits of elemental opposition who are antithetically opposed to the idea of admixture (as represented by, oh say all Prime planar life).

The Unraveler's elemental disjunction attack rapidly renders the person struck down to their constituent elementals. Just ignore the cruddy art and think of the flavourfulness in seeing a PC struck by one of these guys gagging for breath as flame blasts out of his eyes while his body simultaneously dissipates into mist and crumbles into dust. :smallcool:

You might also want to look at the Janni . They're supposed to be a genie type in which the four elements live in harmony...

Of course, the Planescape "Guide to the Inner Planes" is gold for this sort of thing.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-29, 12:06 PM
Why, that game sounds familiar, NEO|PHYTE ... :smallwink:

Have you looked at the Mondaic Devas? They're fairly nice angels (although they could be reflavoured) that are sent to keep the peace on the elemental planes. Fiend Folio, I think.

RTGoodman
2008-05-29, 04:15 PM
Manual of the Planes, I believe, has the Paraelementals, which are sort of what you're going for. Basically, each "subspecies" is a hybrid of two elementals. You've got Ice Paraelementals (Cold and Air), Smoke Paraelementals (Air and Fire), Magma Paraelementals(Fire and Earth), Ooze Paraelementals(Earth and Water), and maybe some others that I don't remember. Maybe through in some Mephits, since they're like elementals but not. And the Elemental Grues from Complete Arcane.

Ned the undead
2008-05-29, 04:26 PM
What about a quartet of Druid 10/Elemental savant 10?

Collin152
2008-05-29, 04:27 PM
Maybe some variety of Giant.

Like Storm Giants.

Innis Cabal
2008-05-29, 04:31 PM
omnimental, when they die they break up into 4 seperate elementals.

Idea Man
2008-06-02, 10:38 PM
You could use the weirds. MM 2, I believe. CR 16 elementals, base.