PDA

View Full Version : Pure Horror: Thief - Deadly Shadows - The Shalebridge Cradle

Whoracle
2008-05-29, 11:45 AM
So, I found myself with a lot of free time on my hands yestereve, and played through T3 again. Somehow I couldn't remember the ending, so I wondered if and why I hadn't seen it. And then it came to me:

Only once have I been able to finish the Shalebridge Cradle level, and afterwards, my savegames got corrupted, and I opted to never do that level again. It is pure and unadultered horror for me.

Anyone else who frequently chickens out of that level? Have you, too, thought when approaching the door at the top of the staircase: "No way in ******* HELL am I going through THAT door!" ?

Discuss!

factotum
2008-05-29, 01:00 PM
Shalebridge was weak sauce compared to the crypts from the first game...just remembering the "Join us!" the Hammerite ghosts would utter if they saw you makes me feel weak at the knees!

Whoracle
2008-05-29, 01:03 PM
Yeah, Return to the Cathedral was pretty hard and eerie, too, but for me it was less so than the cradle. Don't know why, maybe it's just because I haven't played it in some years, as T1&2 refuse to run on my new hardware...

SurlySeraph
2008-05-29, 03:55 PM
Aggh, the goddamn Shalebridge Cradle. The only level in a first-person videogame that can make Ravensholm look like an episode of the goddamn Teletubbies. Even Silent Hill didn't bother me as much as the Cradle. Sure, it's bad when a gorilla with conjoined fetus-heads comes to get you, but at least you can see that it's a gorilla with conjoined fetus-heads, as opposed to just a lot of insanely creepy sounds and flickering lights.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-29, 04:34 PM
Eh. Didn't even come close to screwing with my head like Fatal Frame games do. :smalleek: