PDA

View Full Version : Hello, uninformed masses

Darkcomet
2008-05-29, 06:40 PM
Behold. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877265p1.html)

Behold, for it is Beyond Good and Evil 2. They said it wouldn't happen.

They were wrong.

MeklorIlavator
2008-05-29, 07:02 PM
Hell Yeah!
I've been waiting for this for a long time....

Terraoblivion
2008-05-29, 07:31 PM
It is indeed glorious news for all those of us who like our gaming cinematic. Not much to say as it is hard for me to explain exactly what the appeal of the game is, just that it is indeed a great one.

Tirian
2008-05-29, 09:42 PM
Absolutely great news. Pity that it won't work on last-gen consoles; it'll be on the Greatest Hits list before I feel like shelling out for a PS3, but it will be a pleasure to play it then.

And, if you have the same annoying video buffering problems that I do with ign's website -- the trailer is also on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI).

Ranis
2008-05-29, 10:17 PM
I really don't think that it's going to be a PS3 exclusive. The first game was out for all three consoles, and just because it's on the PS3 section of IGN's site doesn't really prove anything. You can't spell ignorant without IGN, after all.

Pronounceable
2008-05-30, 12:41 AM
I chortle. Oh frabjous day, calloh callay!

Dihan
2008-05-30, 04:58 AM
It's been confirmed to be on 360 and PS3 (http://kotaku.com/391065/beyond-good--evil-2-is-for-ps3-360). I'll get it for 360. I loved the first one and finally there's a sequel!

Drascin
2008-05-30, 05:49 AM

...I can barely believe it. With the sales flop it was, they're actually making a sequel? This is a miracle by Haruhi's own hand, obviously. Praise the Goddess for a great game finally being done justice!

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-30, 12:05 PM
....This is terrable!:smallmad: this HAS to be a cruel prank on those of us who want a better ending then BGaEs ending, which was supposed to be a triology! if not well.... WOOOOOOOT! do yourself a favour and play this if you havent!

Rogue 7
2008-05-30, 01:01 PM
Help me out here. What exactly is Beyond Good and Evil, and why does everyone seem to love it?

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-30, 01:48 PM
Help me out here. What exactly is Beyond Good and Evil, and why does everyone seem to love it?

Wikipedia is your friend. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_&_Evil_(video_game))

As for why its loved, a combination of good art style, fun gameplay, and a good story. :edit: Oh, and an awesome soundtrack. I've heard it described as a Sci-Fi Zelda.

Darkcomet
2008-05-30, 01:56 PM
Well, my work is done. *goes back to lurking*

Tirian
2008-05-30, 04:31 PM
Praise the Goddess for a great game finally being done justice!

That remains to be seen. A sequel is very often bittersweet, especially if the producer feels the need to give fanservice to 14 year-old boys instead of game critics. I'll need to see a trailer that shows me that Jade is wearing a bra before my optimism will start to blossom.

The bright lining for now is that it gives yet another opportunity for people to get filled in on what a great game BG&E is. In a nutshell, it's Jak 2 remade by the French. You shoot a camera instead of a gun, and instead of big explosions there is great music. If you find a copy in your discount bin, grab it; it will be the best $10-15 you spent in a long time.

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-30, 04:37 PM
A note for Americans, it can be purchased through Steam for $10, apparently. Why this is limited to Americans (AFAIK, anyway), I don't know.

:edit: BGaE, that is.

The Linker
2008-05-31, 06:57 PM
Oh, man. I saw the trailer on Gametrailers, and I came here, and scanned the titles, and saw no Beyond Good and Evil 2 thread. So, I started to make a thread. And as I started naming it, I thought I'd better check some obscurely-named threads jusssssssst in case. Hey, look! :smalltongue:

Anyway, on the one hand, WOO-HOO IT'S GETTING A WELL-DESERVED SEQUEL AW YEAH! On that other hand I happen to have, it's not coming out for Wii?! Whyyyyyy!?

As you can probably guess, I got the original for Gamecube. I'm all sad that they're not going to continue supporting the Nintendo console line. :smallfrown:

Oh well. I'll just endlessly bug my Xbox 360-owning friend to get it. And then nab his console. Best plan ever!

Edit: Of course, it is really early. Have they said for sure it will ONLY be limited to the PS3 and Xbox 360? Mebbe they'll change their minds someday and make a PC port.

Rogue 7
2008-05-31, 07:08 PM
Too many games on my plate to try this one right now, but I'll keep my eye open.