PDA

View Full Version : Potential (Generic) Sci-Fi Homebrew

Zovc
2008-05-29, 07:39 PM
I have a few questions concerning the development of a currently somewhat generic Sci-Fi universe in my head.

I'd really like to explore mutants, perhaps the 'key' and what I would focus a novel on if I wrote one in this universe.

I'm asking if anyone is interested in a game in rpol.net, mainly.

In this spoiler block is essentially a brief mouthrunning about the setting of the rpol game I'm considering making.

So, for the first period of the game, there would be little chance of encountering any race other than humans (and mutant humans). The PCs would awake separated with severe amnesia. They've essentially become unwilling test subjects. The people in charge are done doing simple medical examinations, and are ready to start studying their subject's behaviors and abilities.

Everything around the subjects is sterile, mostly white, although areas have dark-colored or gray accents. While they are still in their cells, they are introduced to non-mutant workers. The players are now placed into featureless rooms where they are allowed privacy, although there are unseen cameras. The particular layout is not important, I don't think for the time being. (I will ellaborate in the game, of course)

After having a week's time of simply eating, socializing, and sleeping, testing begins. Tests will include both group and individual exercises, some will be simple physical tests while some will be bizarre tests that hope to draw out some sort of psychic power.

Mutants tend to be identifiable as humans, save often (almost always) brilliantly colored skin. Nearly any color man has encountered can be found among mutants, and some have strange patterns on their skin. It is uncommon for mutants to be disfigured, although it has been seen.

Anyways, if that peaks your interest feel free to ask questions.

I'm looking for players, perhaps secondary GM's, and power suggestions.

Powers will be randomly assigned to mutants, and should have their ups and downs.

For example, while it would be ridiculous for the ability to breathe fire to burn the user's lungs and esophagus (it'd basically kill the user), it could potentially burn the user's skin if used impropperly. The downsides of a power shouldn't outweigh the good once a user knows how to properly wield it.

Copacetic
2008-05-29, 07:41 PM
If you are looking for players, there is a Foum for that. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Zovc
2008-05-29, 07:44 PM
Well, I'm not just looking for players, I'm also looking for power suggestions for this homebrew setting...

Should this be in the looking for players section? I'm seeing if anyone is interested, I'm not actually recruiting.

Copacetic
2008-05-29, 07:51 PM
I'm asking if anyone is interested in a game in rpol.net, mainly.

I'm looking for players, perhaps secondary GM's, and power suggestions.

Meh, I thought you were looking for players.

Zovc
2008-05-29, 08:05 PM
Do you want me to change it to "...I'm looking for people who would be interested in joining..." or put it in the looking for player's section?

Silence
2008-05-29, 08:23 PM
I'm actually really interested in playing. Count me in to whatever you have coming up.

Zovc
2008-05-29, 08:28 PM
Well, I'm moving this to the looking for players section, it'll work fine for this thread now that I've looked at it.

I wasn't sure how literal the title was.

Feel free to make a post there (once I get it up), and we can start talking about it...